The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow! New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND

+6
alldatndensum
Athanasius
sentient 6
d@v!d
Andreas89
Temple of Blood
10 posters

Go down

Wow!  New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND Empty Wow! New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am

https://insidemankind.bandcamp.com/releases

Pretty amazing stuff.

Usually when people say a band has "operatic vocals", they are full of it.  But this is the real deal. 

And if it was only that, I probably wouldn't be blown away by this band but the music is stellar too.

Some of it reminds me of Dream Theater, some of it sounds like typical power metal, and some sounds like the good parts of Deep Purple when they are really jamming.

I used to think the Christian metal scene was dying out but then great new bands start popping up and I stand corrected!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Wow!  New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND Empty Re: Wow! New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND

Post by Andreas89 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 am

Such a shame! I really dig this stuff musically, but that kind of voice...
Yeah, I know I listen to vocalists who sound like they get the occasional kick in the groin, but I only like this kind of vocals in classical music, and even then, in moderation.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Wow!  New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND Empty Re: Wow! New Christian metal band called INSIDE MANKIND

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm

I like that the vocals sound different at times.  A lot of times they sound typical for a female in a melodic metal band though.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am

Temple of Blood wrote:I used to think the Christian metal scene was dying out but then great new bands start popping up and I stand corrected!
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 pm

d@v!d wrote:

..ouch..
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm

...um.....not my cup o tea.

....the music sounded promising....but the vocals.. Evil or Very Mad
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

She doesn't sing in the same style on all the songs.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I like that the vocals sound different at times.  A lot of times they sound typical for a female in a melodic metal band though.

Agreed.  There's a bit of variety in the vocals here.  Anyway, I'm four songs in and I'm enjoying this so far.  The music is pretty cool, and I don't mind opera vocals in my metal.  I think the singer would do best by going for a classical-rock vocal hybrid, like Tarja.

Reading about the album, they have something interesting here.  I may end up getting this.  Also, I really wish there was more female-fronted Christian metal.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:04 am

I don't mind female fronted metal at all. There are just too few female metal singers whose voice I find captivating. Most of them try to be high and operatic, which strangely almost only works for male singers in metal. I like it more if the ladies sang with more enthusiasm and/or grit; Sara Squadrani (Ancient Bards), Nitte Valo (ex-Battle Beast) and Noora Louhimo (Battle Beast) come to mind. Elisa C. Martin's voice is also tolerable, although her voice sounds quite boyish (which most probably is a result from the fact she's a lesbian); she clearly needs less effort to hit the high notes than her male counterparts, which is quite a shame.

Back to Inside Mankind: I'll try some more songs, to hear those other vocal styles.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:06 am

d@v!d wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:I used to think the Christian metal scene was dying out but then great new bands start popping up and I stand corrected!
Savage lol!
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 am

I liked the music but the vocals just didn't grab me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 am

Wow is right!
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm

The music is world class killer power metal.....the vox... obviously incredible. opera epic classical power metal I mean it really don't get any better than this. I dig it for what it is. There is an old Believer tune that has opera vox and it is my favorite Believer tune. kinda reminds me of that. but the musicianship on this is incredible. if I'm in the right mood this is off the chain. I like it. Some slap bass in this stuff. I think this would be great rolling down the highway on a road trip.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Yep, this is great stuff. Progopowerametal Very Happy
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm

This is actually not a "NEW" band.  They have been around for several years and have one ep and one full length album.  They are very cool too.  I have been in contact with them for quite some time.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am

lhversaw wrote:This is actually not a "NEW" band.  They have been around for several years and have one ep and one full length album.  They are very cool too.  I have been in contact with them for quite some time.

They are new to me and compared to most artists I listen to they are NEW.  Smile
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down