The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drottnar - New EP Officially Announced/Released!! (2017)

2 posters

Go down

Drottnar - New EP Officially Announced/Released!! (2017) Empty Drottnar - New EP Officially Announced/Released!! (2017)

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 am

Hey guys, so I was checking my Twitter notifications around lunch time and I noticed that Drottnar had announced their new EP about ten hours before, that is out RIGHT NOW. So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing! There's three tracks, and all I've seen is digital so I'm not yet aware if it comes in CD format. Here's the link to their Twitter post, may I add after a long time of inactivity.

Official post: https://twitter.com/DROTTNAR/status/928534026272591872
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Drottnar - New EP Officially Announced/Released!! (2017) Empty Re: Drottnar - New EP Officially Announced/Released!! (2017)

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 am

Listened to it yesterday on Spotify - - - and was very disappointed.
There is a nice little melody in the first song and the monks' chanting in the second song that adds some atmosphere.
But the rest sounds very uninspired and trivial.

"Stratum" was a masterpiece, a totally unique album and the perfection of "Welterwerk". It would have been really hard to beat that album. That's why I thought a change of style (less technical, more straight / melodic BM) would be a good idea. And the few small samples sounded very promising.
Now when I listen to the new EP it leaves me VERY unaffected. :-(
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down