The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips.

+9
Black Rider
TheOldMan2084
oldschooldoom
Jessrox
Follower of Jesus
Markus1987
Tombie
jeffcorpse
My Awesome Timothy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips. Empty SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips.

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:11 am

Tom Denlinger has given an update on the new Sardonyx cd 'Sons of the Kingdom' and included a couple of clips from the new album.  Am really looking forward to hearing this.  Here is the link......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fjij0NVp00A
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips. Empty Re: SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips.

Post by jeffcorpse Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Rockin Loud
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips. Empty Re: SARDONYX ~ New album update and music clips.

Post by Tombie Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:12 am

oooohhh! Tommy Likey
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:05 am

Wow Rockin Loud
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:21 pm

I want to like this, but it is not nearly melodic enough for my tastes. They do sound miles better than the early 90s, but modern production techniques and 20+ years of experience will do that for ya.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Metal 3
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 pm

This has been in the works for quite awhile. Was good to meet and pray with Tom a couple years ago
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:27 am

The samples sound decent. I hope it's a full length album this time!
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 am

My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 am

Metal 3

It’s release day, Friday the 13th!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:28 am

This is true Christian Metal, don’t get records like this much anymore!  Production is great, am 3 songs in, sounds a killer album.....
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:30 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I want to like this, but it is not nearly melodic enough for my tastes. They do sound miles better than the early 90s, but modern production techniques and 20+ years of experience will do that for ya.

Plenty of melody in track three, this is an album you won’t want to miss, trust me FOJ!!! sunny
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Nice, I need to get this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 pm

While I don't typically care for more progressive bands, this is one that I have been a fan of since their early days.  I will probably pick this up.  Tom's passion for the Lord really rings out in the songs of Sardonyx.  It is hard to not love this!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:20 am

What a great album, this is already potential album of the year!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:46 am

Here’s a cool lyric video....

https://youtu.be/MQK_QO9ZgLY
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 pm

I just ordered their two full-lengths and EP from their website.  I hope they arrive before we make the move to Idaho so we can crank 'em on the way!

https://lightshineministries.com/merchandise/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Picked this up online and had it arrive 2 days before the new Stryper. 

This is definitely the better album of the two. So much meat in the lyrics, similar production quality, fantastic musicianship and some epic, semi-progressive metal here. It has that classic Fates Warning, Queensryche, Sacred Warrior bend to it. I'll be absorbing this for weeks! The Stryper album I do believe will be excellent but this is the deeper album and more the potential classic. A pleasant and welcome surprise as their album Majestic Serenity was good but didn't get a lot of spins from me back in the day.

Thanks for bringing this to light!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Picked this up online and had it arrive 2 days before the new Stryper. 

This is definitely the better album of the two. So much meat in the lyrics, similar production quality, fantastic musicianship and some epic, semi-progressive metal here. It has that classic Fates Warning, Queensryche, Sacred Warrior bend to it. I'll be absorbing this for weeks! The Stryper album I do believe will be excellent but this is the deeper album and more the potential classic. A pleasant and welcome surprise as their album Majestic Serenity was good but didn't get a lot of spins from me back in the day.

Thanks for bringing this to light!

One of the best Christian Metal albums ever IMO and yep the new Stryper is excellent as well.  Not sure which album will be my favourite this year as both have had equal playtime, either way thoroughly enjoying both releases.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:29 am

Wow now I'm especially excited for my copy to arrive!  Does anyone have their EP?  What are your thoughts on it?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am

Some of this really reminds me of Barren Cross from State of Control.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:20 am

Great album cover art, but the song I heard so far was a bit underwhelming. Maybe I'll listen again, I really want to like this somehow Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:05 am

This has continued to get better with each listen. Listening through the week it actually had a little more Jag Panzer in it than I heard before. It's missing the flashy lead work but has that chunky, somewhat proggy riffing and Tom's vocals have a theatrical bend like Harry Conklin, especially on that particular album. It's that story-teller style like you also hear with Geoff Tate on Operation Mindcrime. This may not be a concept album like those two but Tom "plays the part" in each song just the same. All the other influences are still there but I couldn't shake that one. I really find this amazing. Praise God for the musicianship coupled with the songs and the lyrics. Definitely one of the closest metal albums to be a true worship experience. This album has everything going for it! Only negative is it's really not "catchy." It takes more listens to catch on.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm

This album is so in a class of its own, what a release!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon May 28, 2018 7:39 am

Okay, it's growing on me.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next