The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Mick Rowe News

+21
Soldier777
Pro-Zak
quietvictim02
eatbugs
MikeInFla
5minutes
Staybrite
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Follower of Jesus
pastorbrad
Black Rider
timekeeper
Markus1987
ImagoDei
lhversaw
New Creation
My Awesome Timothy
deathisgain
Andreas89
alldatndensum
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sad Mick Rowe News Empty Sad Mick Rowe News

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 am

Mick is about to reissue the Goliath album after giving us a new Tempest EP.  Looks like things are taking a turn for the bad for him right now.  He definitely needs prayer if these allegations are true.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INPOLICE/bulletins/1ad1d00#.WXqEAQ0HqDU.facebook
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Sad Mick Rowe News Empty Re: Sad Mick Rowe News

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:28 am

Awful. You'd say a christian would know how to behave better, or at least know where certain urges come from. Sadly, this assumption is proven wrong all the time (as I have even seen in my family).

Not my intention to kick a man for this when he's down. As you say, people like him are in desparate need of prayer.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 pm

I remember hearing about this years ago and thought it was over. I thought it happened around the time he got divorced, wasn't sure if it was one of those things that get blown out of proportion with divorce. But it says that it continued until 2014, which is recent. I thought things were turning around for him from his FB posts. Definitely will be in my prayers.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Hard to believe this news, was thinking about picking up that Goliath album as well.  We are all human, sin everyday and needs God's grace.  It's something I struggle with everyday pointing fingers or thinking about other people's sin when I have my own sins and shortcomings.  Obviously this is huge and the damage caused to this poor lady is irreversible.  If found guilty I hope he gets the punishment he deserves, but I hope Mick seeks and finds the merciful God that He is and seeks His forgiveness and cleansing.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 pm

-If Mick is a believer, then he already has forgiveness from God for his sins, no matter how disgusting they are.
-If he is not a believer, then he can trust Christ for salvation and receive that forgiveness that Christ already paid for.
-If he did perform these crimes, then he should not get forgiveness from the government. They are a sword to the wicked and must act swiftly. The appropriate punishment here is death, as prescribed by God's Word, however, our government will be timid and not punish him swiftly.

My prayers will be as follows:
-For the victim, that she might find peace in Jesus Christ, and salvation if she does not know Him.
-For Mick, that he will turn to Christ for salvation if he does not know Him, and that if he does, he will spend the remainder of his life in service of our Lord and be a testimony and witness to others.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Sadly Info I have is that this is not only true but that there is more to the story and that side of the story is supposed to come out soon.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Well I think this one finally does it for me and Christian rock/metal. I'm tired of guys who we should trust coming out of the woodwork with with seemingly one thing after another, whether they aren't living the life they claim or denouncing Christ altogether. I understand that we are all sinners and in continuous need of grace. But come on, molesting, raping, putting a hit on your wife, etc? This is way more extreme than the guys who smoke weed, or snort coke and bang groupies, and don't pretend like they don't. It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 am

Peter betrayed Christ.
David committed adultery and murder.
Abraham committed adultery in the name of God's promise no less!
Moses disobeyed God in front of the entire nation of Israel.

Perhaps it's time for my brothers and sisters in Christ to stop thinking that only some of the people of God are hypocrites. In reality, we are ALL hypocrites who fail God daily.

When it is said that Christ is our only hope, it literally means that. He is our only example for righteous living. Not musicians or pastors or parents or anyone. Only Him.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:22 am

New Creation wrote:Peter betrayed Christ.

Perhaps it's time for my brothers and sisters in Christ to stop thinking that only some of the people of God are hypocrites. In reality, we are ALL hypocrites who fail God daily.

When it is said that Christ is our only hope, it literally means that. He is our only example for righteous living. Not musicians or pastors or parents or anyone. Only Him.
Well said, bro! I always think of Peter, what he did and what he turned out to be. He denied our Lord, and still Jesus set him to be the leader of the church. And not just a leader but a Rock in which He can build His Church.

Romans 3:23-24:" 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God 24 and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" .
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm

New Creation wrote:Peter betrayed Christ.

Indeed.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 pm

I haven't seen it myself, but a co-worker was talking about this that she saw on the local news here in Tennessee.  It seems that this case is getting a little bit more media attention.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Christ is our only hope but we don't live lives of debauchery to prove it. Every instance posted of men failing are also ones of repentance which is missing much of the time in modern Christianity.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Black Rider is right on. Matthew 7:15-20 comes to mind here. And yes, we all make mistakes or do the wrong things or make wrong decisions, maybe lie like Abraham when the pressure is on. We are all sinners. But molesting and raping a person are not a mistake. It is an intentional, vile crime against humanity that leaves permanent psychological scars and victimizes the person for the rest of their lives. Can it be forgiven? Yes. I personally know two guys who have a past that made them sex offenders, and I believe they they are now truly repentant and followers of Jesus because what they profess reflects in how they live now. It might be my perception or frustration, but it seems like one after another in Christian rock/metal is just tossing Christ to the wayside. I mean, a list could be made, from Newsboys, to MxPx, to Vengeance, As I Lay Dying, Zao, and even Ray Boltz is openly gay. Where's the perseverance in faith, or are so many just fallen among thorns (Luke 8:14)?

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:21 am

It isn't just in music.  I've seen pastors and laypeople just walk away from the faith in droves over the years.  We are seeing the "great falling away", I believe.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pastorbrad Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 am

That breaks my heart man... praying for He and his family.
pastorbrad
pastorbrad
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.guitarjams.net

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:10 am

Black Rider wrote:Christ is our only hope but we don't live lives of debauchery to prove it. Every instance posted of men failing are also ones of repentance which is missing much of the time in modern Christianity.

ImagoDei wrote:Black Rider is right on. Matthew 7:15-20 comes to mind here. And yes, we all make mistakes or do the wrong things or make wrong decisions, maybe lie like Abraham when the pressure is on. We are all sinners. But molesting and raping a person are not a mistake. It is an intentional, vile crime against humanity that leaves permanent psychological scars and victimizes the person for the rest of their lives. Can it be forgiven? Yes. I personally know two guys who have a past that made them sex offenders, and I believe they they are now truly repentant and followers of Jesus because what they profess reflects in how they live now. It might be my perception or frustration, but it seems like one after another in Christian rock/metal is just tossing Christ to the wayside. I mean, a list could be made, from Newsboys, to MxPx, to Vengeance, As I Lay Dying, Zao, and even Ray Boltz is openly gay. Where's the perseverance in faith, or are so many just fallen among thorns (Luke 8:14)?

No examples in the unrepentant in Scripture you say?

2 Timothy 1:15 "This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes."

This means the entire Ephesian church fell away from the Gospel. Talk about widespread disaster in the Body of Christ! So no, it's not happening "more" nowadays, it's always been happening.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:11 pm

ImagoDei wrote:Black Rider is right on. Matthew 7:15-20 comes to mind here. And yes, we all make mistakes or do the wrong things or make wrong decisions, maybe lie like Abraham when the pressure is on. We are all sinners. But molesting and raping a person are not a mistake. It is an intentional, vile crime against humanity that leaves permanent psychological scars and victimizes the person for the rest of their lives. Can it be forgiven? Yes. I personally know two guys who have a past that made them sex offenders, and I believe they they are now truly repentant and followers of Jesus because what they profess reflects in how they live now. It might be my perception or frustration, but it seems like one after another in Christian rock/metal is just tossing Christ to the wayside. I mean, a list could be made, from Newsboys, to MxPx, to Vengeance, As I Lay Dying, Zao, and even Ray Boltz is openly gay. Where's the perseverance in faith, or are so many just fallen among thorns (Luke 8:14)?

Guardian, Sacred Warrior, King James, Once Dead (4/5ths of Vengeance), Stryper, Whitecross, Disciple, Barren Cross, Crystavox, The Brave, Deliverance, etc. are all still on track and haven't fallen away. I'm sure there are more that I am not thinking. Just because some fall away doesn't mean you throw it all away. In our church (approx. 1000 people), every year a handful seem to leave the faith. Jesus said the way was narrow and that wide is the way to destruction, and few there are that find the way to life. Instead of ragging on the whole scene for the rebellion of a few, how about we celebrate our brothers in the above listed bands who have stayed true to the faith?
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Instead of ragging on the whole scene for the rebellion of a few, how about we celebrate our brothers in the above listed bands who have stayed true to the faith?

I will only add to this by saying we should be celebrating that newer artists have popped up to wave that same banner proclaiming Christ as well!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Quite sure he has turned his life around since this. Last year he announced that he was drug addiction free. Was good to meet him and see him perform May 2016.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Quite sure he has turned his life around since this. Last year he announced that he was drug addiction free. Was good to meet him and see him perform May 2016.

I won't speak about the drug addiction part.  I have no idea.  But, the original post was a CURRENT news story from 2017.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:07 am

oldschooldoom wrote:Quite sure he has turned his life around since this. Last year he announced that he was drug addiction free. Was good to meet him and see him perform May 2016.

In the last year or so, it seemed that Mick had turned things around. The charges mention that the latest incident was in 2014, so maybe he had, but the crime caught up with him. That being said, some things I read on a post on FB from someone that worked closely with him, it sounded like he may have still been using people for his own gain and seemed to be the same old character. But that is just one side of the story.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:32 pm

You guys are right. This is about church but is applicable to Christian rock/ metal too

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm

According to the CMR, apparently it's Mick's 50th birthday.

CMR wrote:Users having a birthday today : Mick Rowe (50)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Kerrick wrote:According to the CMR, apparently it's Mick's 50th birthday.

CMR wrote:Users having a birthday today : Mick Rowe (50)

If he's spending it in jail I'm guessing it will be a memorable one.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 5minutes Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:38 am

Thread resurrection and legal update.  

Update: Mick Rowe has been been sentenced to 16 years and a lifetime on the sex offender registry after a plea deal.  He is expected to be released from the medium-security facility at New Castle, Indiana in 2025.    

His last move was to try to petition the appeals court of Indiana to drop the charges as he was charged with incest in 2007.  That incident ended in a plea deal in 2008 and 18 months in jail with credit for time served.  He claimed that the 2017 charges were for the same thing and that trying him again was double jeopardy.  The appeals court disagreed - pointing out that charges of incest did not undo charges of child molestation.  

Shortly thereafter, Rowe changed his plea to guilty.
5minutes
5minutes
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next