The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite Metallica album and why?

+11
Superjuice
Jaybird
Athanasius
sentient 6
Markus1987
metaldude
TMLMKE
Hardcore Christian
11razorwire
Black Rider
stringfellow_hawke
15 posters

Go down

What is your favorite Metallica album and why? Empty What is your favorite Metallica album and why?

Post by stringfellow_hawke Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Metallica is my all time favorite band.  I like it all (except LuLu but that one doesn't count.)

I have seen them live 3 times, have all their albums (and then some), almost all the dvds, and tons of shirts and other paraphernalia.

My favorite album is Master of Puppets.  It's just flawless from start to finish.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Metallica album and why? Empty Re: What is your favorite Metallica album and why?

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 pm

MoP for me also though Ride is very close, both are great heavy albums with no weak spots.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Metallica album and why? Empty Re: What is your favorite Metallica album and why?

Post by stringfellow_hawke Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:MoP for me also though Ride is very close, both are great heavy albums with no weak spots.

Yes Ride is close for me too.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm just the opposite, Ride the Lightning just ahead of Master of Puppets.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:21 pm

I've come to appreciate the Load albums but imo, if you combined the best songs from them you'd have one great album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:16 pm

11razorwire wrote:I'm just the opposite, Ride the Lightning just ahead of Master of Puppets.

Same here. My first Metallica album and it caught me straight away. It is hard to describe the production, but is sounds scratchy and dangerous.

What a huge step up from Kill 'Em All.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:54 pm

From the bit I have listened to

I would actually have to say Kill 'Em All

The sound is just so raw and fast and heavy, I think that album was a real pioneer for thrash
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 am

And Justice For All would be my favorite if not for the lack of bass.

Believe it or not, Load and Reload were the first two albums I heard and bought.  Followed by the Black Album and Garage Inc.  It wasn't until the fifth album I bought which was Ride The Lightning until I heard "the old stuff."

My mind was blown.  I was like "this is the same band??!!"
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 am

Master of Puppets favorite album cover and my favorite song Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:16 am

Master...Master!! Imo, the albums with Cliff are a different band. Master was also my first opportunity to see them live. Unfortunately,  we lost Cliff shortly after. Damage, Inc is still my favorite Metallica tune, even after all these years.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm

I'd say Ride the Lightning and Black-album. Ride includes my all time favourite song by them, Creeping Death Metal 3.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Probably Master, but RTL is a close second. You can't get MOP without the transitional and steadily increased quality of song writing in RTL. Kill em All is in a class all its own with them basically defining the distinctive elements of thrash metal with that album.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Ride the Lightning, followed closely by Master of Puppets, but I'm not too big on either of them, or Metallica in general.  I really, really love Creeping Death and Disposable Heroes.  Other than that, though there are some cool moments here and there, nothing grabs me that much.

To be honest though, I'm just not that into thrash.  So my opinion probably doesn't count for much.  Smile
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Even though I didn't hear it until 1988, Ride The Lightning will always be favorite Metallica album and favorite album overall.  It's what turned me on to metal.
Jaybird
Jaybird
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Don't we have enough Talley threads?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 am

Ride The Lightning for me. M.O.P is good but to much filler amongst the good and it doesn't have Creeping Death or Fire With Fire on it lol.
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:33 am

For me it's either Puppets or Justice, and I can't make up my mind.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 am

Ride The Lightning followed by Master of Puppets and the Black Album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Master of Puppets was their preeminent musical statement -- it's the perfect balance between the rawness of Kill Them All and the over-polished Ride the Lightning. And it was before the pop metal of the Black Album. AND it featured Cliff Burton at his best.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down