The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm somewhat suprised this was missed....

+7
WildWorld
TheOldMan2084
Staybrite
Black Rider
crucifyd
alldatndensum
Soldier777
11 posters

Go down

I'm somewhat suprised this was missed.... Empty I'm somewhat suprised this was missed....

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:33 am

On June 28, 1988 Stryper released In God We Trust. What are your thoughts?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I'm somewhat suprised this was missed.... Empty Re: I'm somewhat suprised this was missed....

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:46 am

First thought--I am old.

Second thought--while the production was slicker, it was still a great record with some cool songs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

I'm somewhat suprised this was missed.... Empty Re: I'm somewhat suprised this was missed....

Post by crucifyd Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:57 am

hmmm...first thought? my least favorite Stryper record. too slick and kind of boring, (maybe repetitive? I never listened to it that much and it's been a while)
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:05 am

Some good stuff but way too glossy productionwise.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Sadly one of my least favorite albums.  Some good songs here and there, but just way too over produced.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:23 pm

I remember getting this the day it was released, going home after school, popping it into my parents stereo tape deck, turning up the sound and being really disappointed.

I was getting into heavier sounds at the time and to me this sounded way to poppy. The two albums before were killer, this was a big step in the wrong direction.

Michael Sweet has recently again talked about rerecording this one. I would be keen to hear it with new production and vocals in a lower key.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:36 pm

This was the very first tape I ever bought that was my own. I was in third grade and we had to get it at the local Christian bookstore. My mom hated it. I almost wore that tape out. These days it's not my favorite Stryper offering but it will always hold a special place in my heart.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:24 pm

First Stryper album I heard, and was disapointed. Way too light, even by hair metal standards. Thankfully I heard Yellow and Black Attack and Soldiers Under Command a few months later and was able to appreciate them more. I even learned to love some of the songs on this album (well, aside from It's Up 2 U).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 pm

I like this album when I'm in the mood, really like 'Keep the fire burning'.  Gives me some happy memories, always remember playing in my Sunday School teachers car, and he was telling me he was 'Finding it too HEAVY'.  lol!

At the time was finding more extreme and heavier metal as I was getting into the likes of Slayer.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:32 pm

I like this album but would love to hear several of the songs re-recorded. I love the whole A side (I had the cassette too). But on side B I only really like It's Up 2 U.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:40 am

Vocally it had some of Sweets best screams and what could be considered their first and only thrash song. But there was so much Cheetos on this cd. The Everlife not so good, Always there for you had a good scream at the end but the song was Calling on you light version. The rockers were good the ballads were two to many with Lonely being probably the best ballad Stryper has ever done just my opinion though. Lonely came out at a time when I really needed to hear a song like that with the kind of lyrics it had. I didn't consider this one the worst though out of their catalog. The worst for me was ATL not because of the boring controversy but that it came out at the wrong time for me. It sounded like every hair metal band that was trying to recreate itself back then and for some reason a lot of hair bands would try to sound like a bluesy heavier version of VH. Just my thoughts though
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:44 am

I love, love, love this album. Every single song.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down