The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed)

+2
New Creation
Hardcore Christian
6 posters

Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed) Empty Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed)

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed) Sb-teaser2-1-sht-v3a-online-lg-1492186597401_610w

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed) Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed)

Post by New Creation Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks for sharing, HUGE Star Wars fan here as I know many of you are.

I have one major concern.

It appears they might be taking the path of GRAY. Where the force users won't be "light" or "dark", but that there might be a middle road of relativism. If the writers take this road, I will be sad, but I guess not surprised. This is the way of things these days. No right or wrong, just do as you please.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed) Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer and Poster revealed)

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:51 pm

New Creation wrote:Thanks for sharing, HUGE Star Wars fan here as I know many of you are.

I have one major concern.

It appears they might be taking the path of GRAY. Where the force users won't be "light" or "dark", but that there might be a middle road of relativism. If the writers take this road, I will be sad, but I guess not surprised. This is the way of things these days. No right or wrong, just do as you please.
Yea, its true

Not a huge surprise as they are always blurring the lines between good and evil

We shall see

Im sure I will still love this either way! bounce
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 am

"Good is a point of view, Anakin."

-Palpatine (who did nothing wrong BTW)
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:52 am

Andreas89 wrote:"Good is a point of view, Anakin."

-Palpatine (who did nothing wrong BTW)

Yeah, I expect the dark side to embrace relativism, I just don't wanna see the light side do it. But I think they will.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:23 am

So what's next, a Jedi who identifies as a Sith? (sithgender)
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:12 am

Huge stars wars fan...really looking forward to episode 8.

I don't think the jedi taking the path of the grey is that big of a deal. For one, I really don't relate star wars ideas to Christianity. The only big difference between grey jedi and traditional jedi is that don't confine themselves to the strict jedi code. They still use the powers for good. Mace Windu was not a " grey " jedi but he developed a fighting style that tapped into some of the dark side aggression. But only certain jedi had the control and restraint to utilize this fighting style and Windu was very selective on who could learn it. I think there will still be " good " and " bad " characters within the star wars story line regardless where they take it.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm

I don't know ..... I'm a bit underwhelmed by that teaser.  I mean, woohoo new Star Wars and all, but nothing in there grabbed me that much.  Also, I keep hearing how it's going to be so much darker ..... I hope Star Wars doesn't go all grimdark on us.  What I do like about it though is that it looks like it will be more epic, with big battles on land and in space.  That was one thing I missed in The Force Awakens.

New Creation wrote:I have one major concern.

Based on what I know, I don't think it's about relativism.  It's about balance.

The need for balance between light and dark, good and evil, is not an unusual fantasy trope (and SW is as much fantasy as it is sci-fi.  That's part of what makes it awesome).  The Dragonlance series is a good example of that.  It makes no sense whatsoever, but there you have it.

I highly suspect, however, that in this case it's not about morality.  I think it's more along the lines of order (light) and chaos/destruction (dark), which is another fantasy trope.  That the Force itself is never good or evil, although the dark side by it's very nature could lead one down the path of evil if they're not very careful.

As I understand it, the Jedi were all about control and self-discipline, while the Sith were more about giving themselves over to their emotions.  The flaw in the path of the Sith are obvious - they end up being super-evil.  Perhaps the flaw in the Jedi way is that it made them too rigid, inflexible, unable to adapt.

I think s6's point about Mace Windu is a relevant one.  He was able to use that fighting style without being corrupted, so we have an example of dark side Force being used for good.  It also made him an extremely formidable opponent.  Remember, he was the only Jedi able to best Palpatine/Sidious (and he would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling kid!  Mad ).

What bums me is the end of Jedi.  I've always loved the Jedi.  They're FREAKING MYSTICAL SPACE MONKS WITH LASER SWORDS!  What's not to love?  They had better replace them with something that's at least as cool, or I'm going to be ticked.

On a side note, I think our culture is moving away from moral relativism, but that's another topic.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:53 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Huge stars wars fan...really looking forward to episode 8.

I don't think the jedi taking the path of the grey is that big of a deal. For one, I really don't relate star wars ideas to Christianity. The only big difference between grey jedi and traditional jedi is that don't confine themselves to the strict jedi code. They still use the powers for good. Mace Windu was not a " grey " jedi but he developed a fighting style that tapped into some of the dark side aggression. But only certain jedi had the control and restraint to utilize this fighting style and Windu was very selective on who could learn it. I think there will still be " good " and " bad " characters within the star wars story line regardless where they take it.
Thats very true, I forgot about Mace Windu, actually a lot of Jedi mentioned in the prequels/The Clone Wars had the same type of restraint
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:45 pm

If they do as well with the storytelling as they did with Rogue One, then this is gonna be awesome.  I can't wait to find out who Rey is to Luke and why Vader's saber--Luke's first--called out to her. 

I also want to know who Snoke is.  In the Star Wars Aftermath books that take place over a few years right after Return Of The Jedi, we learn of a man named Gallius Rax.  He was a boy that the Emperor himself took under his wing and entrusted him with an old Jedi artifact.  That artifact was hidden on Jakku where Rey was found.  Also, the whole premise for stealing children and training them as Stormtroopers starts under Rax's orders.  I have the feeling that Jakku and that artifact are more important than we know.  Rax was with the Emperor when the first Empire began and ended.  Snoke says he was there for both as well.  Rax could well be Snoke. 

Snoke could also be a reincarnated Palpatine as he did claim in the prequels to have power over life and death.  That power was the only reason Vader lived.  When the Emperor was trying to turn Luke, he let go of Vader enough for him to betray his master.  Palpatine wanting that artifact in the books I spoke of could have been a way for him to come back in another body--maybe even Rax.  Maybe Rey.

I am such the Star Wars nerd!!!  May the Dork be with you!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down