The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you extreme metal fans into djent?

+2
11razorwire
Black Rider
6 posters

Go down

Any of you extreme metal fans into djent? Empty Any of you extreme metal fans into djent?

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Been listening to After the Burial and pretty impressed.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Any of you extreme metal fans into djent? Empty Re: Any of you extreme metal fans into djent?

Post by 11razorwire Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Not a huge fan, but like some of it. Mainly Periphery and Mnemic as well as After the Burial. The new After the Burial release, Dig Deep, is pretty solid and gets very respectable reviews.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Any of you extreme metal fans into djent? Empty Re: Any of you extreme metal fans into djent?

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:51 pm

I don't think I could listen to a lot of it but i'm enjoying AtB in small doses.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:57 pm

I've got a couple of theirs, enjoyed Wolves Within a fair bit.  Not a style that I'm really "in" to, but listenable.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Djent is quite the jokey term now a days

Im not sure what really is tehcnically djent

But I love A Plea For Purging and Blood Of The Martyrs, which have both been called that

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:08 am

I love much of the dent style, but I see where Hardcore Christian is coming from in relation to calling it a genre. Bands that fall int djent are so broad, that it's really more appropriate to refer to djent as a playing style. In that regard, I think many of the bands that incorporate djent are undervalued in terms of their incredible talent and creativity. Now, Mnemic is one of my all time favorite bands, but I always saw them as more of a second generation off shoot from bands like Fear Factory and other bands that began earlier, fusing metal with industrial, not pioneers of a new genre, but they are often slotted into that djent category. By coincidence Meshuggah happened earlier too, and began incorporating the elements that would evolve into djent, and were available for influencing later artists. Hence, we get bands like Mnemic and The Interbeing, etc. There are djent elements there, but not a separate genre worth. When it comes to djent, I have a particular affinity for the progressive types, namely Scale The Summit, Tesseract, Textures, Intervals, Uneven Structure, Circles, Cloudkicker, Animals as Leaders, and Skyharbor. I also really dig Chimp Spanner and have seen some sources include Angel Vivaldi. I find many of the bands relaxing and intellectually stimulating. I'm not so much into the ones that are djenty metalcore/deathcore bands.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 am

I think these bands have djenty elements, but it's not enough to be broken off into its own genre

But then you also get these bands that are djent

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:52 am

One more, I love this band.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 pm

I like it. I think my favourite is Animals As Leaders. Angel Vivaldi is also good Very Happy
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:47 pm

ImagoDei wrote:I love much of the dent style, but I see where Hardcore Christian is coming from in relation to calling it a genre. Bands that fall int djent are so broad, that it's really more appropriate to refer to djent as a playing style. In that regard, I think many of the bands that incorporate djent are undervalued in terms of their incredible talent and creativity. Now, Mnemic is one of my all time favorite bands, but I always saw them as more of a second generation off shoot from bands like Fear Factory and other bands that began earlier, fusing metal with industrial, not pioneers of a new genre, but they are often slotted into that djent category. By coincidence Meshuggah happened earlier too, and began incorporating the elements that would evolve into djent, and were available for influencing later artists. Hence, we get bands like Mnemic and The Interbeing, etc. There are djent elements there, but not a separate genre worth. When it comes to djent, I have a particular affinity for the progressive types, namely Scale The Summit, Tesseract, Textures, Intervals, Uneven Structure, Circles, Cloudkicker, Animals as Leaders, and Skyharbor. I also really dig Chimp Spanner and have seen some sources include Angel Vivaldi. I find many of the bands relaxing and intellectually stimulating. I'm not so much into the ones that are djenty metalcore/deathcore bands.
Yea its just such a broad term, as the many different styles in this thread show

I do really like Intervals, and Circles
ImagoDei wrote:

One more, I love this band.
Love this band as well
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm

It is a playing style, lots of palm muting that gives that sound so almost any band that plays it will be lumped into it stylistically.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Djent itself has become quite the satire around the modern metal community, the bands are great but some of the jokes are hilarious! Razz 

Check these out

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 pm

I've seen those, they are funny.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 am

I know I made a thread on these guys, but for anyone who hasnt seen it

Check these guys out! Free full album download! Just came out

The lyrics are awesome! Straight up worship

The band throws in some different styles occasionally but very much djent!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialBloodlineSevered/

Album Download:
https://bloodlinesevered.bandcamp.com/album/process-of-progression

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down