The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

+27
Jessrox
arttieTHE1manparty
MikeInFla
Pershing1134
strangerhoncho
ludey7
Superjuice
metaldude
TMLMKE
Driven
Andreas89
jusma
crucifyd
Black Rider
Wigeon
timekeeper
Sir Shred A Lot
d@v!d
New Creation
Markus1987
jaydeecrawson
Dynamis
bigtreads
Hardcore Christian
ImagoDei
exo
Taylor of Darchera
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Tomfest was amazing, only got the privilege to go twice in my life
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 pm

For me, it's tough to choose. One of the absolute highlights was getting to not only see and meet...but also BOOK...Whitecross, Michael Sweet & Oz Fox (acoustic), and Jonathan Pagano (Novella's lead singer). What a great, great experience, and Rex Carroll is a legitimately great guy to talk to and hang around with, as is Michael Feighan.

I've seen Stryper multiple times, and they always put on a great show.

Guardian was incredible when I saw them back in 1991, I believe it was, and Jamie Rowe and Karl Ney were incredibly nice guys. I saw Petra that same year and they were very good as well.

To be honest, though, it's really hard to top Disciple in a live setting. Kevin puts so much of himself out there in his performances, and the band simply brings it up a notch seemingly every time I go watch them. I got to see them with Project 86, Seventh Time Down, Random Hero, and Scarlet White about a month ago, and it was an amazing show. I also got to see them a couple of years ago with 7DS, Decyfer Down, and Nine Lashes, and that was also a killer show.

Brian "Head" Welch put on an incredible show when I saw him, as did Spoken and The Wedding at that same show. Icon For Hire also played that show, and they were good, too.

I do feel that even though they aren't metal...or even hard rock...Newsboys last summer was an amazing show to see, and 7eventh Time Down played with them and were extremely cool guys and played an awesome set. Too bad it was limited to 6 or 7 songs, because I would've gone to see them play all by themselves if I had the opportunity!

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 pm

I agree with arttie best live christian metal band I have ever seen was Disciple! The have a some energy that is contagious/ electric/ they are on point. The singer is just awesome.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Stryper House of Blues Cleveland 2005. Reborn tour. No secular covers made this concert a worship experience especially if you knew the words to every song which I did. The Reborn songs played way better live and tunes like Passion and Make You Mine added to that worship quality. But the BEST PART -- they broke out Rock That Makes Me Roll which they rarely play live because of the high level of difficulty. Oh yeah and Tracey Ferrie kills it on bass, even getting a solo in before "Live Again" from Reborn. Hands down best show I've experienced.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 8:18 pm

I guess the best live experience I had was last saturday.

You know, I haven't been in many concerts, as I am very hard to please musically speaking,and I don't like more than a handfull of local bands, so the greatest live concerts I attended towere fromn international bands.
And though I have travelled hundreds of miles in  the past to attend to a Petra concert, as well as to a Whitecross concert, the best of all I guess was less than an hour ride from home.

I attended to a Narnia concert on april 28th and it was an amazing experience. The band has a great live performance, mainly due to Christian liejegren charisma. The audience was small, but very enthusiastic, as the brazilian crowd is known for. To my suprise, the audience sang along most of the songs, including the ones from the new album, what was really nice. After the concert, I could even take a picture with the whole band and have my cd signed.

I purchased the tickets last year, around september, but I was really concerned about the show being cancelled, as I took I real blow last year when the Rob Rock concert was cancelled at so short notice, that I was unable to go to another city to see the concert (btw, the sponsor has never given me a ticket refund). But this whole situation made more anxuious about Narnia concert and made the experience much more unforgettable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 am

Tough one but best performances I can remember are:

White Collar Sideshow
Grave Robber
War of Ages
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Mon May 08, 2017 3:16 pm

I can't remember who played for what years, but highlights from the two times I went to Sonshine Festival in Minnesota included Extol, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Biogenesis, Stryper and Disciple.
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Okay, I've wanted to respond to this thread for some time. Here are some of my best live experiences:

Stryper & Bloodgood (Soldiers Under Command tour) - Had no idea who Bloodgood was and it was prior to their S/T cd release.

Bloodgood & Saint - First time hearing Saint live.

His Festival II - Saint (with Dee & John on guitars, only time ever they appeared live together), Bride (they released Live to Die at this festival), Deliverance, Malachia, Eternal Ryte, Emerald, Contagious, Full Armor, First Aid (before changing their name to Ransom), Redeemer, Spectra, Witness, Jordan & Touche Touche.

Stryper - To Hell with the Devil tour (they recorded the video for "Free" at this show)

Bloodgood - Two concerts were recorded back to back nights and the footage was released on the "Alive in America" & "Shakin' the World". I attended both shows. 

Cornerstone 1989 - Bride, Tempest, The Crucified, Vengeance, Shout, Legacy, Iron Wrath, Paradox, Xalt, Revelation, Rapture (pre Moshketters), Sacred Warrior, One Bad Pig

Cornerstone 1990 - X-sinner, Deliverance, Vengeance, The Crucified, Believer, Whitecross, Holy Soldier, Barren Cross, Darrell Mansfield, One Bad Pig

Cornerstone 1991 - Mastedon, Whitecross, Crystavox, Guardian, Jet Circus, Tourniquet, Electrik, Ordained Fate, White Ray (pre Killed by Cain), Scaterd Few, Believer, The Crucified, SFC

Cornerstone 1992 - The Throes, Mad at the World, Precious Death, Dig Hay Zoose, Guardian, Freedom of Soul, The Prayer Chain, Bride, The Crucified, Living Sacrifice, Circle of Dust, Mortal, Jesus Freaks, Hot Pink Turtle

Cornerstone 1993 - Fear Not, Bride, Guardian, Mercy, The Prayer Chain, XL & DBD, Dynamic Twins, Living Sacrifice, Deliverance, Sometime Sunday, Tourniquet, Mortification, Circle of Dust, PID, Mortal, Human Condition

Superfest 1993 - Betrayal, Deliverance, Mortal, Tourniquet, Guardian, Mercy, Fear Not, Latter Reign, Precious Death, PK Mitchell, Sanctuary Worship Band, The Prayer Chain
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:I have probably seen over 1000 Christian metal/rock shows in my lifetime, going back to the mid-80s. I went to Cornerstone Festival every year from 1987-95, and that provided so many awesome memories. I also lived in Minneapolis, which was one of the few places that had a venue that regularly booked Christian metal bands - The New Union. I saw so many bands there. It would be impossible for me to remember all the highlights, but here are just a few...

Back at their peak, Bride was awesome live. I saw them at least a dozen times. I think 1988 was the first.

Stryper, of course. I've actually only seen them 5 or 6 times, the most recent was just last year.

Extol blew me away the first time I saw them. I saw them three times, but the first one was the best. Unbelievably tight.

If King's X qualifies, I'd have to include them. Probably saw them 6 or 7 times. Actually one of the best concerts ever was King's X and the Galactic Cowboys. Maybe that was 1992-93-94. Both bands crushed it that night. 

Believer

One Bad Pig

Bloodgood

Tourniquet

Crucified

Vengeance Rising

Wow... I could go on and on. Great times.
Shred,

Did you ever see Saviour Machine's ill fated show at the New Union? They got the plug pulled and Eric almost got arrested from what I've heard over the years. If you did, let me know. I'd love to hear your story and hear about what exactly happened that night.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3