The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine

5 posters

Go down

Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine Empty Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 am

By the German power metal band Solar Fragment. SO IMPORTANT

Good band by the way. Sort of a more folky version of what Iron Savior could be if the latter band would be better at songwriting.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine Empty Re: Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 am

Good song but i'll just stick with BG and maybe some Orden Ogan.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine Empty Re: Song with Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) in the role of Palpatine

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Good choices; don't worry, bands like these are only for the real power metal warriors Very Happy Twisted Evil Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 pm

When it comes to European style power metal I tend to be pretty selective. BG, Helloween, Theocracy, some Kamelot and a couple others scratch that itch.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Hansi? Count me in......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm

If he was on every song here, i'd be more interested.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 am

Nah, at some point the younger bands must take over. Otherwise the genre will never be established (one of the reasons I don't mind generic bands within genres).
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Wish he'd do a new Demons & Wizards album...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 am

I've seen interviews with Hansi and Jon Schafer on several occasions (I think one of them was during a metal cruise), and they always say that when they can, they work on new material. It just seems that they aren't that able the past twelve years... But hey, still better than waiting even longer for new BG stuff Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am

I'd vote for more D&W stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

^I bought the first Demons And Wizards album when it came out years ago and loved it but ended up getting rid of it because of the anti-Christian lyrics.  Sad

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

I've actually never interpreted that set of songs in that manner at all.  Most of the set is from the view of a Crusader grown disillusioned with what he's done if I'm remembering statements correctly. The riffing on the first half of the D&W self titled is probably a top 5 influence on my guitar playing.  It's absolutely BRILLIANT, to the point that I think Shaffer may have burned the last of his "great" riffs on it......

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Hmm, that's interesting, I never thought of it as that!  The last song was the main one that I remember (but I think there was one or two others that didn't sit well with me):

Demons And Wizards - My Last Sunrise wrote:The lamb, the rose.
They don't exist!
The lamb, the rose.
They don't exist!

These are my last words, I need to rest.
In fear and anger I'll lay down my head.
A faithless spirit in a broken man.

Everything is burning.
Rotten flesh keeps burning.
It's my last sunrise in fear.

The grail's in pieces, all the bliss is gone.
The rose has dried out and the lamb got slaughtered long ago.
The hope became another lie like the non-existing father god.

I'll close my eyes, goodbye.

Don't wait for me on the other side.

Everything is burning.
Rotten flesh keeps burning.
It's my last sunrise in fear.
Don't wait for me on the other side.

Golgotha had seen nothing else but a carpenter's death.
Golgotha, not more maybe not even that.

Suffer, grief and pain have driven me insane.

Can't you see, there's nothing real but you and I.
I say goodbye.

Hear no evil, speak no evil.
See no evil, feel no evil.

Dream no evil, fear no evil.
Taste no evil, touch no evil.

Hear no evil, speak no evil.
See no evil, feel no evil.

Dream no evil, fear no evil.
Taste no evil, touch no evil.

(All I see and hear is evil.
All I think and feel is evil.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm

I guess I can see your viewpoint.....but again, lensed thru viewpoint of a character that is disillusioned and feels deceived by someone that ended up not bein who he thought they were, it's more "tragic" than "anti-Christian" IMO.

I KNOW I read in years past that there were several songs on the disc inspired by the Crusades.  It's not a concept album or anything, but that theme seems to run thru several of the tracks.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Gotcha.  I didn't know any were based on the crusades.  That helps shed some light on those lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Shaffer has said he is not religious on several occasions, but Kursch has called himself a "faithful but critical Christian" in at least one interview.  (I have also heard he believes in God but does not practice any religion at all, so who knows).

That being said, Shaffer writes a LOT of stuff about wars and historical events, so songs about the Crusades would be right up his alley.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Hansi has said that "quote" is not correct, unfortunately.  He was actually quite expository in a 2010 interview about NOT being Christian.

Relevant stuff is 10-12 answers down.

http://www.metalcovenant.com/pages/interviews/interview_blind_guardian3.htm

Last edited by exo on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:49 am

Heh, I like how this has somehow become a Hansi thread. Would have been awesome at the Blind Guardian forum back in the day (there was some running gag about Hansi being God, because of the opening lyrics of Another Holy War).

But anyway, this whole "faithful yet critical christian" stuff... it's kind of irrelevant if you ask me. Everyone likes to consider themselves critical, especially when they hold a position that isn't generally agreed upon.

Hansi isn't a christian if you ask me, yet he does not reject religion. I once read a fairly recent interview in which he said that without religion, the world would be a much worse place. This to the horror of the interviewer.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 am

Like so many, Jon rejects the God of the Bible but has a view of some sort of afterlife that fits his narrative. Show up quite a bit in his lyrics.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down