The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

+26
timekeeper
MikeInFla
Snert I
Baddog777
Tombie
no-YOU!
bjorn agin
eatbugs
Kerrick
TheOldMan2084
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Soldier777
Joe C
thetoonguy
heck
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
zelote
oldschooldoom
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
New Creation
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) Empty Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Quoted from the PledgeMusic Page

Join us…Jamie Rowe (Guardian vocalist), Rex Carroll (Whitecross guitarist), David Bach (Guardian bassist), and Michael Feighan (Whitecross drummer) in the studio as we revive some Guardian and Whitecross classics…plus a few surprises. We will also be playing some select live performances across the globe. We’ll be providing exclusive video updates along the way during the creative process for anyone who preorders any of the offers we set up below! Check out what we have available down there – Singed CDs, VIP passes and tons more. A digital download is included with all exclusive offers as well.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/guardianwhitecross
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by alldatndensum Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:24 am

Just reviving what they once did?  Pass.  An album of new stuff an just revisit maybe one song from each band like the Union Of Sinners And Saints did?  I'd be all over this.  I don't want rehashed classics.  I HAVE the classics.  We want something NEW, guys!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign) Empty Re: Revival - Whitecross + Guardian NEW Split EP (Pledgemusic Campaign)

Post by deathisgain Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 am

I'm with Alldat on this one. This is one of the reasons that old bands aren't doing well in this newer system. They are missing the creativity to do something new.

Last edited by deathisgain on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 am

I AM all over this. It is no secret that I don't like Scott Wenzel's vocals, so the opportunity to hear Jamie Rowe sing Whitecross songs? This is like a breath of fresh air for me!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 am

Sure, new material would be nice, but Im not complaining with a lineup like this

It'll be cool to see which songs they choose, and how each musician tackles their counterparts song
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am

I'll check it out but i'm not paying ahead of time for redone songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

That's disappointing thought this was going to be new music.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:I'll check it out but i'm not paying ahead of time for redone songs.
Yea me either, they have already funded quite a bit in the first day so its looking pretty good
My Awesome Timothy wrote:That's disappointing thought this was going to be new music.
Well from the sounds of it their might be a couple new songs
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:44 pm

(Sorry to doublepost)

They are already at 46%! IN 24 HOURS

They still have 60 days left, I think they'll be good
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:41 am

Try as I might, I just can't imagine anyone else singing Whitecross songs without that trademark Scott Wenzel sound. I know that Jamie is a versatile singer, check out Guardian's tribute to Styper! But to me, Whitecross is not Whitecross without Scott. I see that Whitecross is currently touring in Switzerland, so obviously Scott is up to touring. Maybe they should have two versions of this EP, one with Scott on vocals and one with Jamie on vocals.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 am

What a wonderfull news here, two of my fav bands together.

My only warning is about how many song this proyect will have. The said is an EP, Usually EP has 6 songs, and 20 dollars for 6 songs is to much, wait and see... I hope they will revel how many songs the proyect will have pretty soon.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 am

The pledge for a download is only $10. I kicked in, despite my hesitation. There's just too much potential here. I want to see it come to fruition.

They're now over 50%.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:02 pm

While I agree that $20 is a little steep for a CD I kicked in for it anyway.  I really dig cover songs so it will be cool to hear what a combination of original band members do with their respective songs.....just hope we see more than 6 tracks on the "EP"
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 pm

I will pledge for 10$ download, and maybe if i like the album, i will buy a CD when will be available.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:16 pm

I don't get it. The classics do not require re-intepretation and new versions will forever be judged against the originals. Why can't these guys follow the supergroup blueprint from say, Chickenfoot? NEW kickass material.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 pm

The only package without a tour vip acess is the download. Why would I want a vip access? I can't attend to one of their concerts.

The only option to me is to pledge $10,00. And maybe purchase a Cd after its release.
I would rather to have brand new music as well, but I want to hear how this would sound. Not to mention that the campaign is going very well so far. Maybe it cam push for a brand new album in the future...

Back to top Go down

Post by thetoonguy Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:05 am

zelote wrote:What a wonderfull news here, two of my fav bands together.

My only warning is about how many song this proyect will have. The said is an EP, Usually EP has 6 songs, and 20 dollars for 6 songs is to much, wait and see... I hope they will revel how many songs the proyect will have pretty soon.
I asked and was told 5 songs are on the EP. Agreed too expensive but I opted in anyway.

thetoonguy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 am

Which 5 songs? That matters too...

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:11 am

Does anyone know if it will be a jewel case or digipak?
Joe C
Joe C
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 pm

thetoonguy wrote:
zelote wrote:What a wonderfull news here, two of my fav bands together.

I asked and was told 5 songs are on the EP. Agreed too expensive but I opted in anyway.
Really? Thats it? You raise tons of money and book studio time...... just to record 5 songs, sorry kinda dissapointing

I was hoping if we went over the goal for them they might do a full album, sounds like we might get 6 songs if we try real hard Rolling Eyes
heck wrote:Which 5 songs?  That matters too...
Unless its my 5 all time favorite Guardian and Whitecross songs I dont see me picking this up

Kinda weird one band is only gonna get 2 songs re-recorded

Almost to 70% with 58 days left
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:03 pm

I may get this only if the songs they select are from the first 4 or 5 albums of each band. I hope songs from Buzz or Bottle Rocket won't appear on the track list. As for Whitecross, many of the songs on the first 5 albums that Rex played on is good. I would like to hear a sample of each song before I commit to buying.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exact33 Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I got in on this. Hopefully it leads to original material!
exact33
exact33
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:46 am

Yep, six songs could be in this EP, but i hope at least 8... Time will tell

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Over 80% now...

I'll see if Rex can shed some light on the project for me.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:32 am

This sounds cool and I'll definitely check it out when it's released, but it's not something I'd pre-order. Maybe if it was a new band (which would be really cool) but like others have said, not for new songs. 

Also, with The Choir and Deliverance I'm kinda tapped out in terms of kickstarting/pledgemusicing.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next