The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Flame

+18
mr.electric40
Fundy
Constantine
MetalForJesus
Christian metal Horde
Friday13th
Superjuice
EddieShreddie
Frozen Fire
HenrikB
Snert I
Blake
Markus1987
Kerrick
cailen
eatbugs
metaldude
Andreas89
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Northern Flame Empty Northern Flame

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 am

So, a few months ago I asked you guys for some suggestions for good christian euro power metal. One suggestion became the absolute winner so far: Northern Flame, as you can see in the thread title.

I'm very much into (sympho) power metal, especially from countries like Italy and Germany. Northern Flame however, is a Finnish band. I saw that there was no thread yet on this forum, so I wanted to give them some attention; which they need, because last time I checked, they had only like 750 facebook likes.

What to expect from this band: melody, melancholy, excellent vocal harmonies, a vocalist with a fairly low and full voice, speed, a little bit virtuosity, great use of keyboards, and to top it off: the quality of actually making good ballads. Here's the title track:

You may like them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northernflameofficial/
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Northern Flame Empty Re: Northern Flame

Post by metaldude Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am

Kerrick turned me on to this band a couple of years ago and I am glad he did. This was my favorite from the last album. 

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 am

And you passed his wisdom on to me. Great track by the way!

And isn't that cover art pretty?
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 am

I have it too.  Great band but not very active on Facebook lately (I'm one of the "likes").

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 am

I ordered it some time ago through Nordic Mission.

One of the most talented bands of this genre!

It reminds me of a mixture between

Whitecross,
Immortal souls,
Children of bodom,
Oratorio
and Lightmare.

One of the best releases of the last 10 years in this genre!

IMO

Last edited by cailen on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:49 am

metaldude wrote:Kerrick turned me on to this band a couple of years ago and I am glad he did.

Andreas89 wrote:And you passed his wisdom on to me. Great track by the way!

Aww, it's pay-it-forward, power metal style!  Razz  Haha I'm glad you gents enjoy.  They're a good band though I don't find myself listening to them a whole ton.  I believe they're working on new material though which I will be very excited to hear.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:25 am

I really like the album too. They wear their influences on their sleeves but still sound unique in a lot of ways. The vocals remind me of the vocalists from Wuthering Heights and Falconer (secular bands) because there is something extra, something dramatic in his vocals. Cool band.

I wear the t-shirt often as well. It was the last t-shirt I got from Starve the Flesh (aka Metal Helm) right after the shirts came back the last time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm

I've been listening to this band since I bought their "White Winternight"- demo 10 years ago Smile . My favorite song is "Rest In My Arms".
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm

MK58 wrote:I really like the album too. They wear their influences on their sleeves but still sound unique in a lot of ways. The vocals remind me of the vocalists from Wuthering Heights and Falconer (secular bands) because there is something extra, something dramatic in his vocals. Cool band.

I wear the t-shirt often as well. It was the last t-shirt I got from Starve the Flesh (aka Metal Helm) right after the shirts came back the last time.
Funny you mention Falconer. The opening track (Shores of Pitkäjärvi, I think), also had some guitar work that reminded me of them. But they bring a lot of extra goodness to the table compared to Falconer. Finally a band that stands out, even among "secular" bands Very Happy

Markus1987 wrote:I've been listening to this band since I bought their "White Winternight"- demo 10 years ago Smile . My favorite song is "Rest In My Arms".
You hipster. Anyway, that's a real good song indeed. It may be bordering on sappiness, but somehow it isn't at all.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 am

Good band. I was on a Northern Flame kick awhile back myself
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am

I've waited for so many years for Niclas Buss to release a full Northern Flame album, but there were "only" these demo songs each time I've checked their webpage. I especially loved the instrumental demo versions. Niclas Buss was involved in several other bands and I almost gave up on Northern Flame.
Then... finally the album has been released - and I still haven't got it Surprised
I was a little late and there only was the expensive special edition left Sad
Now it's available at Nordic Mission for a reasonable price - if the shipping wouldn't be that high! And I don't want to have it as a digital download!
It's a pity that it isn't available in Germany...
Andreas, where did you buy it?

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Shipping from Nordic Mission is allright... but then again, I just did that once with three albums that were hardly available in another way.

Anyway, I got my copy by emailing Niclas. If you go to the youtube page of the song in my original post, you'll see a reply from him to someone who wants to know the same as you. So he gave his email address.
By the way, I guess there is not much difference costwise between ordering from him and ordering from NM. What made me choose for him is that the money will go directly to him and may be more of an incentive to continue making music.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 pm

There's a new album in the making. Most of it is recorded, just some bits and pieces left, and we can get it to mastering. We're aiming for a 2019 release.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:03 pm

That's great! I wasn't sure how active you guys were. Both Northern Flame and Hilastherion are regular listens for me (MK58/Guest from above). Looking forward to material from both. Excited at least something is coming from Northern Flame.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieShreddie Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Since my email brought to my attention of Henrik's new post I figured I would let those who are interested in Northern Flame get some new details regarding the new album. This was posted on my instagram and NF's Facebook wall some time ago, but allow me to share with you guys a recent update: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmr5nOaHU2X/?taken-by=edewittejr

And thats not all. If you like Parakletos you'll also enjoy this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnb-_H5nwdc/?taken-by=edewittejr
EddieShreddie
EddieShreddie
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:37 am

EddieShreddie wrote:And thats not all. If you like Parakletos you'll also enjoy this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnb-_H5nwdc/?taken-by=edewittejr

How does this relate to Parakletos?  Avantasia and Parakletos don't have much in common?  I am very excited that Parakletos is back though!  Their one album is great and I look forward to hearing more from them.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieShreddie Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:37 am

Hey Kerrick. Opera Ab Aeterno is the name of the next album. It was revealed in the new Parakletos EP. The title is inspired by Avantasias Metal Opera.
EddieShreddie
EddieShreddie
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Kerrick wrote:
EddieShreddie wrote:And thats not all. If you like Parakletos you'll also enjoy this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnb-_H5nwdc/?taken-by=edewittejr

How does this relate to Parakletos?  Avantasia and Parakletos don't have much in common?  I am very excited that Parakletos is back though!  Their one album is great and I look forward to hearing more from them.
Parakletos played live for the first time ever at Rainbow Rock Festival in Sweden in April 2018. I had the honour of playing bass there, but I'm not an actual member of the band, I was just a live musician. I don't know if you're aware that a Parakletos EP was released on June 30th. There's a re-recorded version of Se Guds Lamm with proper drums, a new original song called Människans fall: Del 1 (The Fall of Man: Part 1) and a cover of Antestor's A Sovereign Fortress (https://www.facebook.com/parakletosofficial/).
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:21 am

EddieShreddie wrote:Hey Kerrick. Opera Ab Aeterno is the name of the next album. It was revealed in the new Parakletos EP. The title is inspired by Avantasias Metal Opera.

Aha, it's just the title.  I thought maybe Parakletos was going for a metal-opera sound for the upcoming album or something!  Thanks for clarifying.

HenrikB wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Parakletos played live for the first time ever at Rainbow Rock Festival in Sweden in April 2018. I had the honour of playing bass there, but I'm not an actual member of the band, I was just a live musician. I don't know if you're aware that a Parakletos EP was released on June 30th. There's a re-recorded version of Se Guds Lamm with proper drums, a new original song called Människans fall: Del 1 (The Fall of Man: Part 1) and a cover of Antestor's A Sovereign Fortress (https://www.facebook.com/parakletosofficial/).

Yes the EP is on my want-list but my music budget is a bit tight so EPs tend to get de-prioritized somewhat.  I hope to pick it up one of these days though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:12 pm

Impressive: a Euro-power metal band I can stand.

Last edited by Superjuice on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Superjuice wrote:Impressive: a Euro-power metal I can stand.
I'm glad to hear it Smile
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 am

I am looking very forward to the 2nd Northern Flame album!
Great band!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 am

cailen wrote:I am looking very forward to the 2nd Northern Flame album!
Great band!

Agreed.  Though you know what I'm ALSO looking forward to?  A second Adorned Graves album!   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks cailen Smile And I agree with Kerrick, a second Adorned Graves album would be great!
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Didn't notice the activity in this thread. Nice!

Oh and by the way, the debut album is among my favourite power metal albums, so I'm extremely curious to what you guys have been up to. But don't feel pressured ^^

Any ideas about label representation by the way? The debut album flew under my radar at the time. A label like Ulterium would be a great fit IMO, they wouldn't let a release like Glimpse of Hope go unnoticed. Just hope they think the same way.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next