The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time

3 posters

Go down

Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time Empty Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time

Post by ImagoDei Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Fear Factory has been one of my favorite bands since the mid-1990's, and looking back on them from the future, I see that in many ways they were almost prophetic. I'm posting a video from headbangers ball that aired in 1995. I think Fear Factory's sound has never become dated, even the early recordings, and Burton C. Bell talks about how he wanted Demanufacture to be a futuristic metal record. I think they achieved that goal, as Demanufacture still stands, IMO as a quality, industrial metal record that according to my tastes, hasn't been topped, despite the album now being 22 years old. Bell goes on to talk about their lyrical themes, and how they involve the subject of technology, virtual reality, and how so much technology in our daily lives affects the way we live so much that we lose our humanity and rather become part of the machine. Keep in mind, this is 1995, when a lot of people didn't even have internet access. There was no social media like we have today, cell phones were uncommon and expensive, etc. Fear Factory continued their prophetic like lyrical themes on Obsolete. Looking back on them, they were easily 20 years ahead of their time and incredibly astute regarding the direction of the impending social and geopolitical environment that would evolve in the future.  

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time Empty Re: Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time

Post by 11razorwire Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Interesting observations. While not my favorite band, I do get into some of their stuff. And possibly the wildest concert I've ever been too (they were sandwiched in between Nonpoint and Megadeth).
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time Empty Re: Fear Factory was SO far ahead of their time

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:01 pm

I don't find the ideas that ahead of their time, Brave New World was written in the 30's and H.G. Wells was writing before that. Of course they had the advantage of seeing technology come into play.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down