The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Planet Of The Apes movie?

Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_lcap67%Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_lcap16%Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  Empty Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Never watched any of the movies in this series, have always wanted too.

Watched the first movie last night and started the second one tonight

Anyone else a fan?

If so which movie is your favorite?

Im getting excited to see War For The Planet Of The Apes this summer as well!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie  Empty Re: Favorite Planet Of The Apes Movie

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:31 pm

I have seen bits and pieces of the originals and always thought they were just too campy looking.  If I had seen them as a child or as a teen, I probably would have thought differently.

I loved, however, the first in the new remake trilogy "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes".  The 2nd was pretty cool, and part three comes out this summer.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I have seen bits and pieces of the originals and always thought they were just too campy looking.  If I had seen them as a child or as a teen, I probably would have thought differently.

I loved, however, the first in the new remake trilogy "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes".  The 2nd was pretty cool, and part three comes out this summer.
I really enjoyed Charlton Heston in the first one, the cinematography was breath taking, and compared to the make up of movies and shows of the rest of the era it was miles ahead. Just compare it to Trek or other science fiction movies and I think you can look past the make up.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I have seen bits and pieces of the originals and always thought they were just too campy looking.  If I had seen them as a child or as a teen, I probably would have thought differently.

I really enjoyed Charlton Heston in the first one, the cinematography was breath taking, and compared to the make up of movies and shows of the rest of the era it was miles ahead. Just compare it to Trek or other science fiction movies and I think you can look past the make up.

Maybe someday.  For now, I will just enjoy the remakes where the apes really look and move like apes.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm

I had to go with the original. It's got Moses in it and it has this line:
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 pm

The TV series is on MeTV now. I enjoyed it as a kid and sometimes set the DVR to record it. I think it comes on at 4 AM on Saturdays or Sundays.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:11 pm

MikeInFla wrote:The TV series is on MeTV now. I enjoyed it as a kid and sometimes set the DVR to record it. I think it comes on at 4 AM on Saturdays or Sundays.
I see their is only a few episodes, might be able to set up the DVR and get all of them
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Well since I want to see the voting results and haven't voted yet, I'm going to vote the original

I have seen the first 4, and supposedly the 5th is the worst

Out of the new ones I have heard the Burton one isn't great and that Dawn is better than Rise

But for the reason of seeing everyone else's vote, I'll vote the original
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by QuothTheRaven Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:47 pm

The original movie by far! The reveal at the end was such a surprise that I have only seen a couple of movies since be able to pull off anything similar. "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense" come to mind. The rest of the movies in the original series are increasingly bad, and the 2001 remake was just awful. They gave away the reveal too early in the movie and twisted the best Charlton Heston line and gave it to the wrong species! Not to mention Helena Bonham Carter's character looking like a bad Michael Jackson impersonator. The recent reboot with "Rise..." and "Dawn..." is much better. I have enjoyed both of those movies and look forward to seeing the new one as well.

Last edited by QuothTheRaven on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by QuothTheRaven Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:57 pm

I will add that the rest of the original five movies are fun to watch because of their B-movie campiness. Their exploration of the original concept is good too, though the execution is lacking.

Spoilers below:

I always found the "impossible loop" created by the original movies to be interesting. As you go through the original series, it becomes apparent that the event that kicked off the original movie was Cornelius and Zira returning in time to Earth while she was pregnant. Their child, Caesar, was also able to talk and became a revolutionary leader in a simian uprising that resulted ultimately in the civilization where George Taylor finds himself in the original movie. He subsequently meets Cornelius and Zira, Caesar's parents.
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:I always found the "impossible loop" created by the original movies to be interesting. As you go through the original series, it becomes apparent that the event that kicked off the original movie was Cornelius and Zira returning in time to Earth while she was pregnant. Their child, Caesar, was also able to talk and became a revolutionary leader in a simian uprising that resulted ultimately in the civilization where George Taylor finds himself in the original movie. He subsequently meets Cornelius and Zira, Caesar's parents.
Yea I just finished the 4th movie, and its pretty funny how it works out similarly to the Terminator franchise

The question is.............how did the apes rise up and take over man before the first time Zira and Cornelius go back

There are also multiple continuity errors, (probably because they had no idea when each movie would be the last)

like why does Doctor Zais, the villain from the first movie, suddenly become friends with Zira and Cornelius by the start of the second?

how come when Zira and Cornelius return to their home, in the second movie, they arent charged with heresy like was stated at the end of the first?

the most glaring one of all is, that in the first movie Zira and Cornelius (and the rest of apes, except some orangutans) have no idea where apes came from, and how they tie to man, yet in the third movie Cornelius and Zira easily explain the coming plague to dogs and cats and how apes will become slaves and that their will be an up rising?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down