The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grave Forsaken update

2 posters

Go down

Grave Forsaken update Empty Grave Forsaken update

Post by VaughanGF Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Grave Forsaken update 12th November 2016

Hi all, Vaughan from Grave Forsaken here with an update. Preparations are well under way for the release of our next album in early 2017. We have been gradually working on this album over the last 12 months and we are really pleased with the results. Over the coming weeks we will be finalising the recording and completing the mix. We also are arranging a photoshoot so we can put together the package. As I’ve said before, Grave Forsaken supporters will definitely be happy with this album. To my ears it sounds like a very logical follow up to “The Fight Goes On”. I’m really eager to get the album out but I’m also keen on getting all the details right.

In the meantime, you can download “Fundamental Principles” by Gregory Salmela Project for free. This is an underground album that Elias and I have recorded over the last couple of years. It is made up of songs that we never completed for Grave Forsaken. It is very raw and fans of earlier Grave Forsaken material will enjoy it. The download is completely free or you can purchase a CD for 14.99 AUD. The download plus all the lyrics and credits can be accessed at www.graveforsaken.com/gregory-salmela-project

God Bless and Rock On!

Vaughan

VaughanGF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Grave Forsaken update Empty Re: Grave Forsaken update

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:27 am

Thanks Vaughan for the update, always love hearing new GF tunes and keeping true Christian Metal alive!!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by VaughanGF Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm

Grave Forsaken update - December 9th 2016
Hi everyone, this is Vaughan and welcome to the latest Grave Forsaken update. I recently listened to the audiobook of “My Life With Deth” by David Ellefson and I’ve got to say it was fantastic. As a long term Christian rocker I was aware of Ellefson’s faith but I found the book really encouraging. He really is a switched on guy, both in faith and in music. I thoroughly recommend you check it out.

Things are still ticking over with the next album. I’m trying to tie up loose ends with the recording plus organise a band photo (not so easy with 5 conflicting schedules!). The songs that are done sound terrific and I’m really excited to be releasing this project in the near future. One song in particular is called “Run For Your Life” and it’s actually about my love of running marathons. I was listening to “The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner” by Iron Maiden and thought that I should write some lyrics about my own running experiences. I put them to music that Luke had written and we had this great sounding track. It really conveys the feeling of training and then competing in a marathon. I truly believe that running is a gift from God that has helped me immensely in my life.

The Grave Forsaken album is still a couple of months off, but many of you know that Elias and I started a side project called Gregory Salmela Project. We have an album out called “Fundamental Principles” and it really harks back to the early days of Grave Forsaken. The songs are tracks that we never recorded on a Grave Forsaken album and the production is raw and underground. Check out www.graveforsaken.com/gregory-salmela-project for a free download of the album. Physical copies are also available for 14.99 AUD (postage is included in that price). Thanks to everyone who has already downloaded the album or grabbed a CD copy.

That’s all for this update, but you know I always like to say…

God Bless and Rock On!

Vaughan and Grave Forsaken

VaughanGF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:53 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Thanks Vaughan for the update, always love hearing new GF tunes and keeping true Christian Metal alive!!!!

+1!!!

Really looking forward to the new album, any fast tunes on the new release Vaughan?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by VaughanGF Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:09 pm

This weeks update!

Hi all, Vaughan from Grave Forsaken here with the update for this week. I’ve been spending a lot of time this week playing guitar. Over the years I have acquired a number of guitars, some really good and others at the lower end of the quality scale. Sometimes I have bought a guitar really cheap just because of the look of it. For example, I have a black Les Paul copy by a brand called Hondo and red Stratocaster copy by a brand called Sonik. Neither guitar cost me much money but enjoy playing them and getting something out of a cheap axe. Playing with Grave Forsaken I tend to have focused on our own material over the years, so lately I’ve been trying to broaden my playing and play some classic riffs from bands like Megadeth and Metallica. It’s been fun and I hope to use the skills I’m gaining to influence my future writing for Grave Forsaken.

I’ve also been doing some background work on our website. I want to relaunch the store in the new year so I’m looking into product options to make available. I’m particularly looking into shirts as we don’t have any at the moment. I’ll keep looking into options and will let you know my progress.

There are no new updates on the album front, it’s always hard at this time of year to schedule much because everyone is busy with Christmas and end of year activities. I’m hoping to finalise the recording during January and then we will look at a more concrete timeframe for the release. In the meantime, don't forgot to check out the Gregory Salmela Project album "Fundamental Principles". Go to www.graveforsaken.com/gregory-salmela-project for details.

Just a short update this time, you’ll hear from me again soon! 

God Bless and Rock On! 
Vaughan and Grave Forsaken

VaughanGF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down