The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babylon Bee

+20
nocturnaliridescence
Second Wind
Andreas89
BaleMaster
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
Wildcat
WildWorld
Superjuice
TheOldMan2084
Samson
Driven
New Creation
bjorn agin
Blake
messiaen77
Staybrite
Grindboy
deathisgain
Peter who was Vaak
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Babylon Bee Empty Babylon Bee

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Babylon Bee Empty Re: Babylon Bee

Post by deathisgain Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:54 pm

I love that site. A few times when I post it to FB, I have to have a disclaimer about it being satire, so some Christians don't freak out.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:49 pm

I love it.  Most "Christian" comedy is terrible.  A lot of this is really, really funny.  I liked Benny Hinn removing a lump from woman's purse.  Great stuff.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Somebody posted one of their satire articles on their facebook page and I have to say that until someone told me otherwise I wasn't sure if it was real or not.  It was an article about some mega-church that had installed a spiral water slide to enter their baptism pool.  It sounded just real enough that it wouldn't have surprised me terribly if it was true.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 am

Yes, much more Onion-like than Lark News.  Although if you read enough hardcore fundy KJV-only anti-rock websites, Lark News becomes more believable.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:08 am

I spent a few hours one night reading all of their articles. Great stuff
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Guitarist Accidentally Steps On Wrong Pedal, Turns Worship Service Into Face-Melting Shredfest

http://babylonbee.com/news/guitarist-accidentally-steps-wrong-pedal-turns-worship-service-face-melting-shredfest/
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 pm

bjorn agin wrote:Guitarist Accidentally Steps On Wrong Pedal, Turns Worship Service Into Face-Melting Shredfest

http://babylonbee.com/news/guitarist-accidentally-steps-wrong-pedal-turns-worship-service-face-melting-shredfest/

Absolutely hilarious

Witnesses say the incident happened just after the eighth chorus of Chris Tomlin’s “How Great Is Our God,” the song that was intended to lead into the sermon.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:Somebody posted one of their satire articles on their facebook page and I have to say that until someone told me otherwise I wasn't sure if it was real or not.  It was an article about some mega-church that had installed a spiral water slide to enter their baptism pool.  It sounded just real enough that it wouldn't have surprised me terribly if it was true.
à

Haha, that was me. I shared it because I was recently baptized in one of those rented inflatable kiddie pools that included a slide. My pastor has no inhibitions.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Great site btw. One of the best Christian satire/comedy things ever. Just what 2016 needed.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:59 am

Massive dust storm envelops east coast as Hillary Clinton brushes off Bible to court evangelicals

http://babylonbee.com/news/dust-storm-envelops-east-coast-hillary-clinton-brushes-off-bible-court-evangelicals/
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:54 am

All I can say is, one of the writers for Babylon Bee MUST be a metalhead.

http://babylonbee.com/news/church-oblivious-number-metallica-references-pastor-getting-away/
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 am

Love the Bee. I always wonder if they're hiring. LOL
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:31 pm

bjorn agin wrote:All I can say is, one of the writers for Babylon Bee MUST be a metalhead.

http://babylonbee.com/news/church-oblivious-number-metallica-references-pastor-getting-away/
Pastor Clifff...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:59 pm

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:46 pm

This guy who writes for Babylon Bee has a goofy, wacky comic strip called Axe Cop; it's amusing stuff:

http://axecop.com/comic/episode-1/
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Superjuice wrote:This guy who writes for Babylon Bee has a goofy, wacky comic strip called Axe Cop; it's amusing stuff:

http://axecop.com/comic/episode-1/

Oh man that is hilariously silly.  I dig it, thanks.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:16 pm

Kind of looks like an updated version of the late, lamented, Wittenburg Door:

http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:26 pm

They were really funny when they started out. They filled a good niche in poking fun at certain aspects of modern church culture, but in a mostly good natured manner that could only come from those within the church and stood apart from the more overtly contemptuous tone you often get when something like The Onion touches on Christianity. 

Sadly, I’ve pretty much lost all interest in them over the past year or two as they focus more and more on political content. Most of it just isn’t that clever or funny compared to their work on other topics, and the completely one-sided, sometimes outright inflammatory, nature of a lot of it is really off-putting to me.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 am

Wildcat wrote:They were really funny when they started out. They filled a good niche in poking fun at certain aspects of modern church culture, but in a mostly good natured manner that could only come from those within the church and stood apart from the more overtly contemptuous tone you often get when something like The Onion touches on Christianity. 

Sadly, I’ve pretty much lost all interest in them over the past year or two as they focus more and more on political content. Most of it just isn’t that clever or funny compared to their work on other topics, and the completely one-sided, sometimes outright inflammatory, nature of a lot of it is really off-putting to me.

Perfectly stated and full agreement.  I actually posted basically the very same thing in another thread recently.  I think the Bee changed hands, which coincided with the change in attitude and content.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:44 pm

Wildcat wrote:They were really funny when they started out. They filled a good niche in poking fun at certain aspects of modern church culture, but in a mostly good natured manner that could only come from those within the church and stood apart from the more overtly contemptuous tone you often get when something like The Onion touches on Christianity. 

I agree with your assessment of the Bee's current content state, but I don't think it's any less funny (destroying Joel Osteen day in/day out does get tired).  I like it better than ever probably since it's stance lines up with my viewpoint.  Plus the political climate is loonier than ever, so it deserves the lampooning from the Bee.  They do a lot of Trump riffing, but mostly not mean-spirited and just how he takes things over-the-top.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:47 pm

I still find it hilarious. The creator has even started up a channel called "Not the Bee" that is about news stories that you think are from the Bee, but aren't. I also subscribe to his DISRN news channel.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:43 am

Although I of course have political opinions/principles, I want to be on the “side” of treating those with different positions with truth and respect rather than slander and intentional misrepresentation.  I believe the hostility and demonizing of each “side” by the other is easily the most destructive element of our political situation, and has been for some time.  So whether I agree or disagree with the Bee’s leaning on any given issue, and whether or not I feel like anybody “deserves” anything, I’m disappointed by it’s tone and approach, particularly with its Christian bent.  

Love your enemies, do unto others, speak the truth in love, we wrestle not against flesh and blood. . . .

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Grindboy wrote:Although I of course have political opinions/principles, I want to be on the “side” of treating those with different positions with truth and respect rather than slander and intentional misrepresentation.  I believe the hostility and demonizing of each “side” by the other is easily the most destructive element of our political situation, and has been for some time.  So whether I agree or disagree with the Bee’s leaning on any given issue, and whether or not I feel like anybody “deserves” anything, I’m disappointed by it’s tone and approach, particularly with its Christian bent.  

Love your enemies, do unto others, speak the truth in love, we wrestle not against flesh and blood. . . .

Well, the Bee is satire.  To weigh in on how the political views in their articles are, would be like fact-checking a stand up comedian.  That said, NOTHING on this site should be taken seriously.  Its ALL jokes.  Either you chuckle, or you don't.  (personally, I chuckle most of the time, at jokes I find funny. :B )

It makes no sense to me to try to validate (fact check) or discredit ANY articles, when the Bee itself states in their "About us" that they've been around since the 8th day of creation, 6000 years ago.  "We have been the premier news source through every major world event, from the Tower of Babel and the Exodus to the Reformation and the War of 1812."
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Of course I’m fully aware that it’s satire.  I’m again agreeing with Wildcat’s post that it changed dramatically from in-house and good natured to political and mean-spirited.  

“Report: Brief After-Church Meeting Still Going On”
vs
“Proud Mayor Lets His Entire City Burn To The Ground Just To Make Trump Look Bad”

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next