The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment?

4 posters

Go down

Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment? Empty Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment?

Post by d@v!d Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Vaak, care to comment?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment? Empty Re: Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment?

Post by sentient 6 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:53 am

....cant see the video.. scratch
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment? Empty Re: Video: Are Muslims Being Forced to Convert to Christianity? Vaak, care to comment?

Post by d@v!d Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:03 am

sentient 6 wrote:....cant see the video.. scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVpLM4sO59U
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:17 am

I would've replied sooner, but I've been busy.
Anyways, my thoughts are this is ridiculous.  There is a chance that some of the people working with the church I went through were there in Lesvos.  I know some Christian workers are in Thessaloniki and I vaguely remember seeing Lesvos mentioned as a place of operations.  So, this very well could've been about my church, Antioch Ministries International, or at least to some extent associated with them.  We had worked with a few other organizations while there.  They may have handed out tracts, but that's about it.  There was no force.  Admittedly, I did come through about 8 weeks into the start of it, so they could've told us to tone it down since then, but still, I know there was no compulsion.  The people at the camps had complained we were spreading the gospel, so we were asked to not mention it unless someone else initiated it.  They knew why the "english speakers" were there already.  

Now, all that being said, there were definitely some who were more on edge than others, but there were others who weren't and were more open.  We were taught to do bait questions "Do you know why I came?" or stuff like that rather than blurt out "Yeah, I'm Christian.  Jesus is awesome" and that.

I do find what has happened to be ridiculous.  To be a missionary acting as a relief worker is not cheap. I knew people who went for 3 months and that had to have been expensive, one friend is there for a year.  It was genuinely expensive.  And bringing down the hammer like that sounds excessive, but the truth is, we were all told we had to clamp down otherwise we would be kicked out because the muslims had complained so much despite the fact even one place we went to was a privately run refugee center.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:05 pm

When you consider the spiritual nature behind these responses, it really makes sense. Like I say, other than the aspect of physical threats, the secular world doesn't really mind religion. Protect Islam, and push away religion that's focused on the work of Christ. All we can do is share the Gospel where God gives us an open door, and shake the dust off our clothes when we are rejected or where the heart of man puts up road blocks. This just an attempt to intimidate Christians from sharing the Gospel. An attempt to try to makes us feel bad for offering the Gospel to people of other religions. To shut down the free flow of ideas.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:48 am

That video is spammy and from reading Peter's response, I'm guessing he didn't even watch it.

I'm all for religious freedom, but not religious aggression. It's tacky. I have a feeling 7 cops didn't really show up 3 minutes into handing out pamphlets, just to smash religious freedom.

No, I think someone was acting like a door to door salesman, holding someone's time hostage to bring about legal enforcement.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:30 am

ThomasEversole wrote:That video is spammy and from reading Peter's response, I'm guessing he didn't even watch it.
Good guess, except not. I did. I was replying to the incident at Lesvos and the advice that filtered down to us likely filtered down to the workers in the euro group that were there, some refugee centers are run by private Christian organizations. Despite being in different nations, and organizations, we encountered similar problems.

Also, for the record, this guy's description of what happened in Dearborn isn't unique. Watch more videos, get better at guessing.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:51 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I would've replied sooner, but I've been busy.
Thanks. I was hoping you'd have some more insight.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:06 am

ThomasEversole wrote:That video is spammy and from reading Peter's response, I'm guessing he didn't even watch it.
Actually, I think the video doesn't a great job exposing the misinformation the media gives us.
I'm all for religious freedom, but not religious aggression. It's tacky.
I agree, but I don't think that's the case here.
I have a feeling 7 cops didn't really show up 3 minutes into handing out pamphlets, just to smash religious freedom.
It's highly likely that they did do so. They were arrested at the same festival prior year on false charges so they had reason to suspect problems that year too. Ask yourself this, when do you ever see so much police presence to deal with three guys calmly handing out literature? That should be the first clue that something is wrong.
No, I think someone was acting like a door to door salesman, holding someone's time hostage to bring about legal enforcement.
Here's the original video from then. I really doubt they were being pushy or abusive.

And, some of them were arrested later that day.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:49 pm

When police in America are used more like the gestapo rather than " law enforcers , " I am more convinced than ever that we are under the judgment of God.

...any fair minded person would have to admit that those evangelists were acting reasonable while acting within the context of their beliefs.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down