The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible sleep disorder

5 posters

Go down

Possible sleep disorder Empty Possible sleep disorder

Post by Blake Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

Please keep me in your prayers. I just found out that while I sleep I sometimes hit and punch while still sleeping, when I wake I have no memory of it. I found out from my wife who told me its been happening sometimes recently. I did some research and all I've managed to find is REM Behavior Disorder that causes it which affects less than 1% of the population. It also is a precursor to Parkinsons. Naturally I hope this is not the case.

My first concern of course is making sure I don't punch while I'm sleeping as I don't want her getting hurt. I am considering looking into a sleep center to see if they can monitor me and determine anything.

My wife thinks its just stress but I haven't found any sources linking that to stress. Here what I learned in my research last night though:

Normally when someone falls asleep and enters REM sleep state their brain send inhibiting signals to their body to act as a sort of temporary paralysis, so you cant move while sleeping, with the exception of eyes and breathing. With REM Behavior Disorder (RBD) these signals are not sent, so your entire body is free to move during sleep, which results in people acting out their dreams. So if one has a dream that they are getting attacked, they may try to fight back.

Its kinda scary knowing that I could seriously hurt my wife in my sleep, so please keep me in your prayers that we get this figured out, and that it hopefully is something temporary, not RBD/Parkinsons
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Possible sleep disorder Empty Re: Possible sleep disorder

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Praying now for you.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Praying for you too

My wife used to throw punches at me while sleeping, it happened for about a week, but all of a sudden it stopped.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Wow. Will do.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:45 pm

I'll pray for you man. I've seen a few documentaries on this and how its a dangerous form of sleepwalking.  I mean, sleepwalking murders are the extreme spectrum of this, but they interviewed a dude that rolls over and starts choking his wife while he sleeps.

Seriously, he's asleep - like had the headgear and wires to show it too.
I just stopped typing my post to pray for you, brother.

I flail when I sleep, but my wife and the two cats that get smashed are just used to it.  Razz

Apparently, according to my wife, I also will say "Help!  HELP!!" in my sleep as well.  ...which is strange...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down