The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen

+5
TheOldMan2084
Wildcat
d@v!d
Temple of Blood
Samson
9 posters

Go down

Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen Empty Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen

Post by Samson Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen Empty Re: Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:00 am

Makes perfect sense.

Two no-talent genres.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen Empty Re: Black metal and rap...never thought it would happen

Post by d@v!d Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:23 am

H.M. Murdock wrote:
Ug...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:31 pm

I have no idea what I just listened to. Death/black vocals over traditional heavy metal riffs with some hip-hop beats and rapping thrown in? Judging by the album cover, it looks like those guys don't take themselves too seriously possibly to the point of being a joke band. At least that's what I'd hope because those elements didn't combine to make good music at all.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:15 am

This really sounds awful. Definitely not my thing.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 am

Black metal and banjo is one thing, but this is unacceptable.

Less genre mixing than BabyMetal though.
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:47 pm

The only thing remotely black metal about it is the vocals?
...but the guitars, vocals and some synths sound more like other metal genres to me, IMO.

If they had a different drum sound, this wouldn't sound rap-like at all - it would just be vocal heavy viking metal.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Also, LOL

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Hard to tell if they are serious.  I found an interview with lead vocalist/guitarist/programmer "Valhalla Ice" where he talks about being the first Viking rap band.  There's a Bandcamp single from their 2012 album, and it seems they've just become a really bad power metal band.

Oh yeah, they are from the arctic plains and fjords of ... Cleveland, Ohio???

Last edited by messiaen77 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:35 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Also, LOL

Euronymous is definitely rolling over in his grave.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:13 pm

messiaen77 wrote:Hard to tell if they are serious.  I found an interview with lead vocalist/guitarist/programmer "Valhalla Ice" where he talks about being the first Viking rap band.  There's a Bandcamp single from their 2012 album, and it seems they've just become a really bad power metal band.

Oh yeah, they are from the arctic plains and fjords of ... Cleveland, Ohio???

They're definitely not serious HAHA!!!  ...but that's ok.
I actually enjoy bands that are a bit on the ridiculous and goofy side of presenting extreme music.

I like this the punk/death metal/nintendo-core group in this video below because of how weird/silly they are.  HAHA!!

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:53 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I like this the punk/death metal/nintendo-core group in this video below because of how weird/silly they are.  HAHA!!

That actually grew on me.  I almost didn't make it past the 90 second mark, and then suddenly something kinda latched on to my brain.  I mean, don't get me wrong, that's still utterly terrible......but........

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down