The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying Tax On Internet Purchases

4 posters

Go down

Paying Tax On Internet Purchases Empty Paying Tax On Internet Purchases

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Our Governor just signed a bill requiring tax to be paid on all out of state internet purchases...If the company doesn't charge tax we are to pay it on our state income tax at the end of the year.. I think this is bogus...anything for a buck.. I hear some online vendors won't do business with states who pass laws like this Shocked I read there are several other states with laws like this...

Last edited by Savage Amusement on Wed May 18, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Paying Tax On Internet Purchases Empty Re: Paying Tax On Internet Purchases

Post by New Creation Wed May 18, 2016 3:55 pm

I think it's bogus too. Living in Michigan, they do this already and I report each purchase on my tax forms each year. Even digital music!

It's definitely wrong. The only valid tax according to the Bible is the income tax and tax on foreigners.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 4:37 pm

I think its bogus because it puts us back in the stone age...The state claims its to encourage people in our state to shop locally and to give the local stores a better chance..To level the playing field as the Governor put it Rolling Eyes...Thats a lie! The truth is its just another way to take our money to pad their general fund.. The main reason I order online is simply because I can't find what I want locally and if I do find it local the price is usually way more than online.. If the online company I do business with charges a tax thats fine I guess but if they dont I am not reporting it.  Some people around here drive across state lines and pay cash to escape some of the taxes here...Our state is in a real deep budget crisis to the tune of 1.9 billion dollars and they are cutting funds to everything and creating massive taxes on everything else..Now they are talking about taxing things like services and software downloads and memberships. They are also looking at what they call "sin" taxes Rolling Eyes ...things like cigarettes, alcohol, adult products and soft drinks...They keep it up and they will bankrupt the citizens ..and lots of people will move to other states (many already are)

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed May 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Yep. And look at me, considering moving out of the country entirely! I hate paying my property taxes every year. It's only about $1,700 (which I'm sure is far less than what some of you all pay) but it's still mostly going to the local schools which I don't use because we home educate our children. Plus, the teachers ask for supplies for their classrooms (on Craigslist and Freecycle) because the state or district does not give them what they need for the kids! Where's that money really going???
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed May 18, 2016 4:58 pm

If we get audited we are probably screwed... (I don't report online purchases either)...
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 pm

I don't think anyone reports online purchases.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed May 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Blake wrote:I don't think anyone reports online purchases.

I guess you didn't read up above. I report every single one, down to the dollar. Been doing so for many years now.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu May 19, 2016 7:58 am

New Creation wrote:Yep. And look at me, considering moving out of the country entirely! I hate paying my property taxes every year. It's only about $1,700 (which I'm sure is far less than what some of you all pay) but it's still mostly going to the local schools which I don't use because we home educate our children. Plus, the teachers ask for supplies for their classrooms (on Craigslist and Freecycle) because the state or district does not give them what they need for the kids! Where's that money really going???
Administrators and consulting firms to figure out more ways to test children's comprehension of concepts teachers don't have time to teach because they are too busy testing.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu May 19, 2016 9:12 am

New Creation wrote:
Blake wrote:I don't think anyone reports online purchases.

I guess you didn't read up above. I report every single one, down to the dollar. Been doing so for many years now.

Correction, I don't think anyone ELSE reports online purchases
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down