The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husker Du

2 posters

Go down

Husker Du  Empty Husker Du

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Being that I enjoy quite a bit from the Punk scene, Husker Du has been on my radar for a while now. They are rated as the highest Hardcore Punk band in history (next to Dead Kennedys), so I knew I had to check them out!

I did not grow up with this band - like I did with Dead Kennedys, so they are very new to me. I recently picked up their highly acclaimed album (which is in the top 10 highest rated albums of all time (regardless of genre) for the year 1984.

I Must say I am not disappointed at all! Any other fans of this innovative Hardcore Punk band?

It's been also said that this band was one of the originators of the genre called Post-Hardcore. I've not explored much in the Post-Hardcore realm, but I hear it's a pretty large scene nowadays.

Husker Du  MI0002749080.jpg?partner=allrovi

Back to top Go down

Husker Du  Empty Re: Husker Du

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Bob Gould co-wrote a Foo Fighter song on the Wasting Light album "Dear Rosemary" he also did some vocals on it too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Aaron C wrote:Bob Gould co-wrote a Foo Fighter song on the Wasting Light album "Dear Rosemary" he also did some vocals on it too

Very interesting! Are you familiar with Husker Du dude? If not - I'd highly recommend picking up their album called "Zen Arcade".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Ive heard of them nothing more. I just know bout that Foo bit because when they wrote the song Dave intentionally waited for Bob to be in the studio so they could write it together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:08 pm

That tells me that Husker Du was probably influential on Dave and the Foos. Very cool. I'm gonna have to pick me up a Foo album one of these days. Probably start with their greatest hits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:01 pm

In all honesty bro I wouldnt start with their GH, IMO their GH doesnt represent their best stuff. Some of it is good but its just the commercial singles released etc...

I would start with the first 2 albums those IMO are their best.  If you like Bob Gould I would definitely get Wasting Light.   I would also download the Saint Ceclia EP  theres a song or two to me that has heavy punk influence plus its free, cant beat that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Thumbs up

Thanks dude!

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Aaron C wrote:In all honesty bro I wouldnt start with their GH, I would start with the first 2 albums those IMO are their best.

Gotta agree. Foo Fighter's self-titled debut and 2nd release, The Colour and the Shape, are their best work. It's the only 2 albums I own by em.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:52 am

Ironically the first two albums has Dave behind the drums even though William goldsmith is credited all his tracks got rerecorded

To me is put those first two albums in my top 20 albums of the 90s

I think they've remastered the first two albums and come with bonus tracks too if do I hope the self titled one has the ace frehley cover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:41 pm

11razorwire wrote:
Aaron C wrote:In all honesty bro I wouldnt start with their GH, I would start with the first 2 albums those IMO are their best.

Gotta agree. Foo Fighter's self-titled debut and 2nd release, The Colour and the Shape, are their best work. It's the only 2 albums I own by em.

Aaron C wrote:Ironically the first two albums has Dave behind the drums even though William goldsmith is credited all his tracks got rerecorded

To me is put those first two albums in my top 20 albums of the 90s

I think they've remastered the first two albums and come with bonus tracks too if do I hope the self titled one has the ace frehley cover

Noted. Thanks guys!

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:18 pm

If you like Husker....then you should enjoy Bobs solo stuff and Sugar.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down