The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marduk Rom. 5:12

+6
WildWorld
lhversaw
sentient 6
messiaen77
ThomasEversole
Throne of thorns
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marduk Rom. 5:12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Marduk Rom. 5:12

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
I suspect Marduk is simply fascinated by Satan AND God.  As many metal bands are.

↑ THIS!

sentient 6 wrote:
Once again, I am not opposed to watching something that is fantasy based or even violent or with " evil " characters. But I do see a difference in movies in how they portray the purpose for the violence and evil. My wife is not a Christian and she gets me to watch all kinds of movies that I personally wouldn't have chosen to watch for myself. But usually after its over I mostly find myself thinking I just watched garbage and wasted two hours. And also we would have been better off spending those two hours doing something else.

Sorry if this is too personal, but I'm actually surprised that you're so corrective of other's beliefs here when it sounds like you could use some fixing up around your own house.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am

You've also got to look at the intent. For example, one of my favorite non-metal artists frequently sings about murder, bodily dismemberment/mutilation, incurable diseases, and the like. That artist?

Weird Al Yankovic.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:54 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Sorry if this is too personal, but I'm actually surprised that you're so corrective of other's beliefs here when it sounds like you could use some fixing up around your own house.

No need to be sorry, I really don't mind it if people express their opinions in regards to what I share. But I'm not quite sure what you are referring to in regards to what I have to " fix " ? That my wife is not a Christian ? That I may be compromising my beliefs for my wife ? At any rate, I see this as a sanctification issue with me - Christian living and holiness. But I think I can work on these things as I live my life out in this body while at the same time pointing to the truth of the Gospel. I am merely presenting a Gospel, A Christ, a view of the Bible, A view of false teachers, etc. People can agree or disagree. Accept or reject. Contemplate and consider with a open mind.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:55 pm

WildWorld wrote:You've also got to look at the intent. For example, one of my favorite non-metal artists frequently sings about murder, bodily dismemberment/mutilation, incurable diseases, and the like. That artist?

Weird Al Yankovic.

Sure...intent....of course. Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:02 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
No need to be sorry, I really don't mind it if people express their opinions in regards to what I share. But I'm not quite sure what you are referring to in regards to what I have to " fix " ? That my wife is not a Christian ? That I may be compromising my beliefs for my wife ?

I was alluding to both.

sentient 6 wrote:At any rate, I see this as a sanctification issue with me - Christian living and holiness. But I think I can work on these things as I live my life out in this body while at the same time pointing to the truth of the Gospel. I am merely presenting a Gospel, A Christ, a view of the Bible, A view of false teachers, etc. People can agree or disagree. Accept or reject. Contemplate and consider with a open mind.

We all do the best we can with what we have. We all have issues we need to sort out to get closer to God.
More than just the household issues, I was referring to the combination of that, and how you interact with others here.

Specifically, do you correct her like you do "us"? If not, why do it just to us?
If you correct her the same way as you do others beliefs here, then how does she put up with it?

Those are the perplexing questions for me, but we don't need to discuss or derail this thread about that.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:25 am

Lol, you guys really over think things too much.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 am

S6......Thomas.......if you wanna have this particular discussion , please take it to PM.......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:34 am

Will do.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight