The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you keep up?

+11
Deepfriar
alldatndensum
eatbugs
CrimsonWarrior
Peter who was Vaak
NordicMoon91
exo
ThomasEversole
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
Staybrite
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you keep up? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you keep up?

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 am

Sometimes a band finds you. Because you may have never heard of them (ever) you just run across them. 

Crossforce is another I had never, ever heard of until I saw it on the Roxx website. I ordered the CD. It isn't very good but I was curious enough to play it a few times. 

Being a teen in the 80's I remember when ALL (well, most) of the classic bands were around. I remember buying Messiah Prophet new on vinyl. I bought Saint "Time's End" because of the cover art, knowing it would be awesome because they were on the Pure Metal Label. Same with Whitecross, Shout, Bloodgood (bought the first on record), Petra and of course Stryper. So it wasn't hard to keep up... But all of those were on cassette or vinyl. I no longer have any of them in that format. So what I had to do was wait later in life to find them on CD or wait for someone like Roxx Records to reissue the old catalogs.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

How do you keep up? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you keep up?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Hey that Spectra is pretty good! I could not find them at RYM or even Firestream though. Were they only a demo band? Pretty excellent Glam Metal to be sure!

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum