The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For any interested in another Stryper cover album ...

+7
WildWorld
Soldier777
sentient 6
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Professor_Valconian
11 posters

Go down

For any interested in another Stryper cover album ... Empty For any interested in another Stryper cover album ...

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:46 pm

What would you like to hear from them?

In no particular order, here are some that come to my mind:

Follow Your Heart - Triumph
Unchain The Night - Dokken
The Spirit Of Radio - Rush
Faithfully - Journey
Am I Ever Gonna Change - Extreme
Jet City Woman - Queensryche
Mask Of The Great Deceiver - Livgren/Dio
See You On The Other Side - Ozzy Osbourne
Too Late For Love - Def Leppard
Man On The Silver Mountain - Rainbow
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

For any interested in another Stryper cover album ... Empty Re: For any interested in another Stryper cover album ...

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:57 am

When they're making music as good as their last two original albums, nevermind the cover albums. Just keep making new original music, please.

As a cover idea for their next album, however, since they always do one, I would suggest Journey's "Open Arms" or "Faithfully".
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

For any interested in another Stryper cover album ... Empty Re: For any interested in another Stryper cover album ...

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:03 am

I am with FOJ on this.  They have done so well on their original albums lately that a cover tune album at this point would just be silly.  Stryper is back and as good, if not better, than ever.  Why redo old songs when they have proven they can deliver the goods with new songs?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:31 am

While I don't disagree, I'm pretty sure they have committed to doing another for their label. If that is true, this thread is just for spitballing what songs on that album might be. I'd prefer more original music as well, but if they are going to do another cover album, the OP has some song ideas I wouldn't mind hearing. If you don't have any ideas for cover songs, that's fine.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:38 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:When they're making music as good as their last two original albums, nevermind the cover albums. Just keep making new original music, please.

I'm with FoJ too!  They can keep doing covers in the one-per-album vein of the last two though.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:56 am

Why do they always have to secular rock songs ?

There are not many rocking worship albums out there. Maybe they could help fill that void. I can get all the secular covers I want from the secular bands out there.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:44 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Why do they always have to secular rock songs ?

He has stated many times that he doesn't listen to Christian rock music. Bands like Sabbath and the ones on The Covering are what they grew up on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:57 pm

I would like to see some covers from Canadian classic rock like Bryan Adams, Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Helix and the Guess Who. Besides these, here is some covers that I would like to see:

Iron Maiden - Waisted Years
Dio - Last In Line
Ozzy Osbourne - Lightning Strikes Again, Shot in the Dark or the Ultimate Sin
Def Leppard - Too Late or Foolin
Kansas - Fight Fire With Fire
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:27 pm

I'd like to see Stryper versions of songs by Sin Dizzy, King James, and Robert and Michael's solo stuff. It would be interesting to hear those songs done in the stryper style, plus it may cause new interest in those bands.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm

sentient 6 wrote:There are not many rocking worship albums out there. Maybe they could help fill that void.

Good call!  Michael Sweet's "Hims" album was a little mellow for my tastes although I do listen to "Calvary" from time to time.  A Stryper-metal worship album would be awesome.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:03 am

FINAL COUNTDOWN - Europe cover
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:47 am

lhversaw wrote:FINAL COUNTDOWN - Europe cover
Rockin Loud
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:50 pm

More Than a Feeling Boston

Don't Stop Believing Journey

Another Hit N Run Def Leppard
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:10 pm

The fact Michael doesn't listen to Christian rock music is just one reason I don't listen to him.
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:21 pm

I actually do like a lot of Stryper. But it does irritate me that Michael doesn't seem to support others in Christian metal.
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:23 am

sentient 6 wrote:Why do they always have to secular rock songs ?

There are not many rocking worship albums out there. Maybe they could help fill that void. I can get all the secular covers I want from the secular bands out there.
Because the first covers album was a tribute to all the artists who influenced and inspired Stryper.

Id like to see Styrper take on Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie

maybe Weapons by Deliverance

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 am

StarPilot wrote:I actually do like a lot of Stryper.  But it does irritate me that Michael doesn't seem to support others in Christian metal.

The Stryper FB page did support POD when The Awakening came out.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down