The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers (MMORPGs)

+4
Blake
Superjuice
Peter who was Vaak
Deepfriar
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gamers (MMORPGs) Empty Gamers (MMORPGs)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:33 pm

I dont consider myself a gamer but does anyone here play any of the online MMORPGs?  I play Star Wars the Old Republic have been for about 3 years and I still enjoy playing it.  What are some of your favorite MMORPGs and which ones do you play?

Back to top Go down

Gamers (MMORPGs) Empty Re: Gamers (MMORPGs)

Post by Deepfriar Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:15 pm

I've played WoW off and on a few times but probably won't go back to it this time. Too much of a time vacuum.

Action RPG's like Diablo 3 suit me better because I can jump in and start playing immediately (don't have to wait to organize 15+ people to raid at the same time).

My PS4 is sitting there not getting used; I will probably pick up a game this winter. I'm pretty interested in Horizon Zero Dawn but once again this is an action RPG and not an MMORPG.

I want a new UFC game, too. EA Sports didn't do a very good job with the last one.

I don't game as much as I used to but I have been a gamer off and on my whole life.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:17 pm

My Xbox360 hasnt been getting much use either, but that along with the tv in the babys room is moving to our bedroom so I suspect ill be playin that a bit more. Id like a new boxing game for it. Last game i got was Tomb Raider and I loved it!

I mainly do stuff solo in TOR I got 2 level 60 characters and close to a 3rd with one at level 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:52 pm

I used to play wow. Back in the day, I had like 7 level 70s when the first expansion came out. I had to quit. I was addicted. Sold the account for $350. I sort of quit games overall.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:43 pm

There is an anecdote about a journalist here who became famous for spelled very wrongly MMORPG, his nickname now is "Mr MEUPORG" Very Happy (English coud be the same, very bad spell of MMORPG)

I've played 2 MMORPG mostly knows in francophone countries (Air Start and another who don't stiil exist), but no time/motivation for it since 1-2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I used to play wow. Back in the day, I had like 7 level 70s when the first expansion came out. I had to quit. I was addicted. Sold the account for $350. I sort of quit games overall.

Isnt that illegal or a violation of the EUA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am

Played WoW continuously from Vanilla on up to Wrath of the Lich King and quit a few months into Wrath.  Was a pvp'er mostly and did pve when it benefited my warrior's stats in pvp.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 am

I couldnt get into WOW it was too cartoony for my taste I tried it a couple of times and I quickly went back to my SW TOR, I also played SW Galaxies when that was out i loved that game

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 am

Aaron C wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:I used to play wow. Back in the day, I had like 7 level 70s when the first expansion came out. I had to quit. I was addicted. Sold the account for $350. I sort of quit games overall.

Isnt that illegal or a violation of the EUA?
It was a violation of the EULA, yes, so I had to do something else to get it done.
I felt really bad because the day after it was sold, I got an email saying that my account was blocked because too much information had changed.  Oh well.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 am

Dang that sucks, but you made 350 bucks on it , thats pretty sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm not into the kind of games you are talking about. I feel silly saying this, but I'm not even sure what MMORPGs is. Role playing?

Anyway - my kids have a Nintendo, but I don't really play it all that much.

The games I play are poker at Pokerstars.net, only with play money, and I play some computer games. Mostly Bejeweled 3.

I play those two games every day. They help me relax.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 pm

MMORPG = massively multiplayer online role playing game
...you aren't missing much...
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:46 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I'm not into the kind of games you are talking about. I feel silly saying this, but I'm not even sure what MMORPGs is. Role playing?

Anyway - my kids have a Nintendo, but I don't really play it all that much.

The games I play are poker at Pokerstars.net, only with play money, and I play some computer games. Mostly Bejeweled 3.

I play those two games every day. They help me relax.
MMORPG = Massive Multi Online Roleplaying Game,  most are free to play or subscription based. Like with the one I play Star Wars The Old Republic, theres people who will actually Roleplay, and some who will just be social and run quests, missions, etc with a group of others,  it helps me unwind but I am a big SW fan to begin with.  Its not for everyone. When it comes to the xbox I might play Baseball, Boxing or Tomb Raider and thats all. I dont need the newest console or the newest games, if a game for me is fun playing Ill play it till I cant anymore.  One of my all time favorite games to this day came from the Tandy/Commodore 64 days called Autoduel I still play that game on my PC I love it! (decades later still holds up)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Deepfriar wrote:MMORPG = massively multiplayer online role playing game
...you aren't missing much...
They're not for everyone though I would love to see Autoduel become a MMORPG  when i was doing online classes for my Associates I had to do a project of prepping a proposal for a media project I chose turning Autoduel into a MMORPG  alot of my classmates including my instructor said I should pursue it but I dont own the rights to the name.... Would be cool though heh

Not for everyone, sometimes i can play games like bejeweled, etc. Just depends on my mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm addicted to Bejeweled 3. It's amazing with all kinds of worlds! WAY better than regular Bejeweled. Most don't seem to be familiar though ...

Here's a screenshot of the Poker world.

Gamers (MMORPGs) Bejeweled-3-110110-530w

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm

I play spades online as well (when I am in the mood). Been playing Hardwood Spades (from SilverCreek Entertainment) off and on for more than twelve years. I have played more than 5,000 games (with a high win-loss ratio) between multiple nicknames and consider myself an above-average spades player. I don't normally brag but I can back it up this time. Wink
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:35 pm

I also sold my wow account when I quit. I had a 70 dwarf shadow priest, a 70 dranei resto shaman and a few twink characters.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:17 pm

I play a ton of Steam games

Ya know PC Master Race!!

In the line of MM games I play

Goodgame Empire

Its a real time castle builder/strategy war game

I have been playing it for over 3 years
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:70 dranei resto shaman
My main was elemental.  Shamans were fun.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I also sold my wow account when I quit. I had a 70 dwarf shadow priest, a 70 dranei resto shaman and a few twink characters.
 Was your Shammy named MikePipper? 

Dwarf?:

TroyMcgregor

Twinks?:

Bill Schtinkwater
Satoris

and Sherry (I don't know if you'll get that one)

Oh, and I almost forgot: Larry Csonka!!!

Last edited by Superjuice on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:51 am

I have pretty much avoided all MMORPGs after my initial experience with several Android games. Here's why.

- First and foremost, all MMORPGs I've encountered are P2P or P2W. (Pay to Play or Pay to Win) Its common gaming practice now to be staring down the barrel of spending $5 or spend over 30 hours grinding.
- It takes 15 minutes to create a name because the first 50 you want to use are already taken.
- The chat/conversations are creepy, obscene and do nothing but create chaos.
- Corrupt community. Legitimate complaints are eradicated, praises are immortalized.
- Hackers. Cheaters. Mods. Spenders. PVP encounters are broken 75% of the time because while you're challenging someone in your character's stat range, they're decked out because they've either cheated, are cheating, or spent hundreds of dollars to buy OPed equipment.
- Poor support. Reports of lost purchases, lost data, glitches all go into the abyss.

I'll stick with my isolated gaming, thank you.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I have pretty much avoided all MMORPGs after my initial experience with several Android games.  Here's why.

- First and foremost, all MMORPGs I've encountered are P2P or P2W.  (Pay to Play or Pay to Win)  Its common gaming practice now to be staring down the barrel of spending $5 or spend over 30 hours grinding.
- It takes 15 minutes to create a name because the first 50 you want to use are already taken.
- Corrupt community.  Legitimate complaints are eradicated, praises are immortalized.
- Hackers.  Cheaters.  Mods.  Spenders.  PVP encounters are broken 75% of the time because while you're challenging someone in your character's stat range, they're decked out because they've either cheated, are cheating, or spent hundreds of dollars to buy OPed equipment.
- Poor support.  Reports of lost purchases, lost data, glitches all go into the abyss.  

Excellent summary of the pitfalls of it all.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Aaron C wrote:I dont consider myself a gamer but does anyone here play any of the online MMORPGs?  I play Star Wars the Old Republic have been for about 3 years and I still enjoy playing it.  What are some of your favorite MMORPGs and which ones do you play?
No, it would eat too much into my time to make snarky comments on this forum.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:32 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I have pretty much avoided all MMORPGs after my initial experience with several Android games.  Here's why.

- First and foremost, all MMORPGs I've encountered are P2P or P2W.  (Pay to Play or Pay to Win)  Its common gaming practice now to be staring down the barrel of spending $5 or spend over 30 hours grinding.
- Corrupt community.  Legitimate complaints are eradicated, praises are immortalized.
- Hackers.  Cheaters.  Mods.  Spenders.  PVP encounters are broken 75% of the time because while you're challenging someone in your character's stat range, they're decked out because they've either cheated, are cheating, or spent hundreds of dollars to buy OPed equipment.
- Poor support.  Reports of lost purchases, lost data, glitches all go into the abyss.  

Personally I run solo and stay away from the chat for that reason. Only time i group up with someone is if its someone I know

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 am

Superjuice wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I also sold my wow account when I quit. I had a 70 dwarf shadow priest, a 70 dranei resto shaman and a few twink characters.
 Was your Shammy named MikePipper? 

Dwarf?:

TroyMcgregor

Twinks?:

Bill Schtinkwater
Satoris

and Sherry (I don't know if you'll get that one)

Oh, and I almost forgot: Larry Csonka!!!

My shaman was a female dranei, named PigtailFury, and my Dwarf Shadowpriest was named Mephibosheth. My 29 hunter twink was named DwarvenStout. Had a few alts that I never really put much time into, had a druid I only leveled to like 20 or so named Terribad, then I started running out of good names for my characters. These were all on the Thunderlord server
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum