The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugggh!!!

5 posters

Go down

Ugggh!!! Empty Ugggh!!!

Post by Marcus Moore Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Any of you guys had someone either on accident or on purpose throw away any of your music collection?, last november I made a trip to Ohio to visit my mother, while I was gone my son moved back into my apartment, he decided there wasnt enough closet space for his junk, so he threw away boxes of cd's and cd-r's to make room for his stuff, then tells me I didnt need to keep everything anyway Shocked.. All my old Demo's that I had recorded to Cd, from the beginning up till last year are all gone.. Im heart broken.. most of it, I can't even replace, esp the vhs bootlegs I transferred, and dumped the tapes.. Sad.. what's your story, advice or opinion?, am I blowing it out of proportion?
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Ugggh!!! Empty Re: Ugggh!!!

Post by KaramKaram Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Did you spanked the kid?
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Marcus Moore wrote:Any of you guys had someone either on accident or on purpose throw away any of your music collection?, last november I made a trip to Ohio to visit my mother, while I was gone my son moved back into my apartment, he decided there wasnt enough closet space for his junk, so he threw away boxes of cd's and cd-r's to make room for his stuff, then tells me I didnt need to keep everything anyway Shocked.. All my old Demo's that I had recorded to Cd, from the beginning up till last year are all gone.. Im heart broken.. most of it, I can't even replace, esp the vhs bootlegs I transferred, and dumped the tapes.. Sad.. what's your story, advice or opinion?, am I blowing it out of proportion?
No, I haven't had that happen like that, but I've loaned some disk to 'friends' that never came back and years later became some of the $$$ digit collectors things one finds on ebay and amazon. Another thing that I've lost was a video recording of my father that was lost when the hard drive died.

I think everyone here knows how I feel about abortion, but in this case, I'll make an exception for you...

Seriously, that's truly is heart breaking. No, you aren't blowing it out of proportion. Then again, nothing lasts forever. Sorry.

Advise. Never keep all your eggs in one basket. Always have 2 or 3 copies of the irreplaceable things. Keep a copy offsite. Since you must have used a computer to do those transfers, you might be able to find a copy hidden in system's hard drive. Look for file restore software and run a scan. You might be able to recover some of it.

Last edited by d@v!d on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Oh wow Bro. I'm sorry. I have a son too and I know how inconsiderate they can be, though you love them with all your heart. They will come around in the big picture. Like that Manowar song, "Father".

Anyway - I'd be heartbroken too, but you can probably replace a small part of it. Ebay sometimes has amazing things!

Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:42 am

I've had a CD case stolen out of a car but that's about it.

Oh I had some CD's get damaged in my car accident as well. Gosh, that was a long time ago.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:37 am

Sorry to hear that bro :/ one of my ex-friend had a similar story with his son, who break his Coroner - Green LP. He became mad for several days for that No.
Of course it's only material but a lots of feeling and/or money can be behind it, it sucks for this reasons.

And yes D@v!d is right, it's better to have some copies of the most precious part of your collection.

Personnaly i've sold a big part of my Thrash collection after death of a friend and a huge quarrel around circumstances of his death for the same reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 am

Ugggh!!!  That stinks.  No, I don't think you're blowing it out of proportion.  It's not even about not storing up treasures on Earth, to me it's about waste and respect.

I also want to echo [email=D@v!d]D@v!d[/email], I rip every CD I get onto my computer hard drive so that if something were to happen to the CDs I still have the music somewhere.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 am

well, he's 19.. Thinks he knows whats best for me.. Im just disappointed, I had alot of old Christian metal demo's, alot of them from sanctuary bands.. I got rid of the tapes after I transfer'd them with my Harmon Kardon cd burner, back in the day, and in all honesty, most of whats out there for download came from my disc's lol.. but anyway, OOP really stinks.. Im bummed, 200 or so, cd-r's and Bootleg Dvd's from VHS...
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum