The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far?

+12
Believer12
alldatndensum
ludey7
Soldier777
TMLMKE
Staybrite
deathisgain
Black Rider
jusma
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
Gipperman
16 posters

Go down

Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far? Empty Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far?

Post by Gipperman Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 am

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far? Empty Re: Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far?

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 am

Sounds great as always!!!

Really pumped for this!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far? Empty Re: Brand New Stryper Song - What Do You Think So Far?

Post by metaldude Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:01 am

From what I've heard so far, this may be my favorite since To Hell With the Devil.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 am

Good one! I like it!
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 am

I like it...  Thumbs up

I have liked all of them thus far.

Big Screen Lies is actually my favorite so far....it wasn't at first, but after a couple of listenings it quickly grew on me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:17 am

On a side note, I really like the releasing of songs one at a time like this. When a full length new release first comes out, it's a huge party, but then 30 days later it's like "ok, what's next?". Releasing some singles like this before the official full release spreads the "new music" joy over several months instead. Please continue doing this on future releases AND on your next solo release.

I have the pre-order at Amazon, and nothing is cooler than getting a notification that I have new Stryper music ready to play  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:12 am

Good stuff. So far I enjoy Fallen most but no complaints on any of them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:30 am

So far so good, I really liked the song you previewed yesterday I believe.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 am

Very cool!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:33 am

This just might be Stryper's best album yet.
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:34 am

I don't think they could ever beat "To Hell With the Devil" or "In God We Trust".

But at least they are trying!

Rockin Loud

Most bands from their era are just given up and left for dead!

This is sounding pretty good! Can't wait to get this in my collection on CD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:12 am

I liked every song released from Fallen so far. Is this #4?

Yaweh
Fallen - cool lyric video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3ux5PrnHw

Big Screen Lies
Let There Be Light

Fallen and No More Hell to pay rivals classic favorites like Soldiers, To Hell With The Devil and Agianst the Law. It looks like Fallen is going to be a bang your head type of album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:10 am

On iTunes they released both Let There Be Light & the sabbath cover After Forever today. Both great.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:13 am

Soldier777 wrote:I liked every song released from Fallen so far. Is this #4?

Yaweh
Fallen - cool lyric video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3ux5PrnHw

Big Screen Lies
Let There Be Light

Fallen and No More Hell to pay rivals classic favorites like Soldiers, To Hell With The Devil and Agianst the Law. It looks like Fallen is going to be a bang your head type of album.

On his Facebook page, he previewed "King of Kings" yesterday. It's not a high quality video, but you can hear that it is a pretty great song.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Deathisgain, I was trying to remember that song - I heard King of Kings and I liked that a lot too. It seems like Stryper is transitioning from a glam/classic metal to more of an aggressive/power metal sound with No More Hell to Pay and especially Fallen, based on the 5 songs that has  been released so far. As a sixth song, I heard a clip of After Forever and from the Black Sabbath and Deliverance versions we can pretty much figure out the direction of that Black Sabbath cover.
Over all, Soldiers Under Command still remains one of my favorite Stryper song and one of my all time favorite metal songs of all time, even though they have released other songs that are as good as or has surpassed Soldiers.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm

To be honest, Michael, I have stopped listening to the new tracks that you've put out lately.  I already know I am going to love this album and I don't want to ruin the experience of listening to the new album as a whole for the first time.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer12 Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:02 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I don't think they could ever beat "To Hell With the Devil" or "In God We Trust".

But at least they are trying!

Rockin Loud

Most bands from their era are just given up and left for dead!

This is sounding pretty good! Can't wait to get this in my collection on CD!
Outside of TYABA those are my two favorite Stryper cds. TYABA is so raw and phenomenal at the time it just couldn't be touched even though Mr. Sweet has said some negative things about that cd in the past as a fan I have to disagree with him. This new stuff sounds really good though same with this song. Some of these songs have a Rock That Makes Me Roll feel and I like that alot!
Believer12
Believer12
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Sounds great, but I'm with alldat - don't want to ruin it before the release date...Stryper release dates are historic!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 am

I might be weird, but I wanna hear it when it comes out, I wanna be surprised
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:25 am

Marcus Moore wrote:I might be weird, but I wanna hear it when it comes out, I wanna be surprised
That is part of the enjoyment of buying a new album. Funny thing is now days it is a catch 22 right, you can hear most albums on you tube to decide if you might like to purchase it. The flip side to that is you have already heard the album through so the initial buzz of purchasing the album is gone though it is good to receive it in hard copy form. In the early 90's...80's unless you had a friend that had said album or got a spin on it through music mag reviews, you had to buy it then find out if you liked it or not....so no you are not weird ha ha.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Throne of thorns wrote:
Marcus Moore wrote:I might be weird, but I wanna hear it when it comes out, I wanna be surprised
Funny thing is now days it is a catch 22 right, you can hear most albums on you tube to decide if you might like to purchase it.

Except this is Stryper.  Most of us know what to expect and either like them or don't.  It's not an unestablished band or one that puts out good and bad albums (or albums with good and bad songs).  Unless the buzz is "major departure" (like Reborn when it came out) they're one of the bands I'm willing to trust buying blind.

P.S.  I won't be buying it blind.  I've listened to everything and like all of it so far. cheers

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down