The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robyn Kyle Basauri

+6
Superjuice
alldatndensum
Staybrite
eatbugs
Blake
MetalForJesus
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robyn Kyle Basauri  Empty Robyn Kyle Basauri

Post by MetalForJesus Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:07 am

Do any of you have any contact with Robyn Kyle Basauri? A record company contacted me and wanted to get in touch with him to do a rerelease of the Red Sea album, so now I am trying to get in contact with him.

Do any of you know how to get in touch with him? 
MetalForJesus
MetalForJesus
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.metalforjesus.org

Back to top Go down

Robyn Kyle Basauri  Empty Re: Robyn Kyle Basauri

Post by Blake Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:47 am

Did you trying looking him up on facebook?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 am

MetalForJesus wrote:...a rerelease of the Red Sea album...

Oh please!  Oh please!  Oh please!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalForJesus Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:25 am

Yes, didn't find him on FB.
MetalForJesus
MetalForJesus
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 am

Try contacting PK Mitchell on Facebook, he knows how to get in touch with Robin
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 pm

I was going to suggest Mitchell as well, as Basauri's last work was with him, as far as I am concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmlB_OAcLG98ZhibXjTc3_A 

Tiana Basauri (that's her YouTube channel above) posted a video of Robyn singing Smoke on the Water several months ago. His daughter I am assuming.

I believe this is her FB page
https://www.facebook.com/iMPERiAL.iND

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:11 am

I'd love to hear a Red Sea reunion if they could get the band back together.  I wouldn't care if it were just a one time album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:17 pm

I have mixed feelings about Red Sea. Besides enjoying Basauri's voice, I don't really like that groove influence on the album.
In my book, either you are doing rock, or either you are doing anotherstyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:23 pm

He Already Left wrote:
So while Robyn is singing the Deep Purple classic - what song is the guitarist playing?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:I have mixed feelings about Red Sea. Besides enjoying Basauri's voice, I don't really like that groove influence on the album.

Different tastes I guess.  I love the groove influence.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:I have mixed feelings about Red Sea. Besides enjoying Basauri's voice, I don't really like that groove influence on the album.

I don't see how that album is "another style". In my opinion it is definitely a bluesy rock album, that would have fit in perfectly a couple of years earlier.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:54 pm

If Red Sea isn't rock what is it then?

Red Sea is on of those albums - and Robin Basauri is one of those singers - who we did not hear enough of.

If RS isn't going to record a follow up, I'll settle for another Die Happy release.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalForJesus Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:47 am

Thanks everyone! Smile Contacted both Tiana Basauri and PK Mitchell.
MetalForJesus
MetalForJesus
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 am

deathisgain wrote:

I don't see how that album is "another style". In my opinion it is definitely a bluesy rock album, that would have fit in perfectly a couple of years earlier.
For my tastes, it has too many blues influences what doesn't work well with the heavy music that Red Sea did.

This bluesy rock works better for bands such as REZ Band and Darrell Mansfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 am

ludey7 wrote:If Red Sea isn't rock what is it then?

Red Sea is on of those albums - and Robin Basauri is one of those singers - who we did not hear enough of.

If RS isn't going to record a follow up, I'll settle for another Die Happy release.
I would rather to have Basauri to record a new Die Happy album...

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
I would rather to have Basauri to record a new Die Happy album...

AMEN!!!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

For my tastes, it has too many blues influences what doesn't work well with the heavy music that Red Sea did.

This bluesy rock works better for bands such as REZ Band and Darrell Mansfield

So I guess that you don't like Whitesnake, Badlands, Cornerstone, Great White, Cinderella, and almost every hair metal band out there as there was always a touch of blues blended in.  Blues and hard rock/metal go hand in glove.  Take out the blues, and a lot of the early bands' solos would not have existed.  AC/DC is a hard rock band but Angus is a blues player as far as  leads go.  Deep Purple and Aerosmith have a lot of bluesy overtones as well.  If you don't want groove, then you have to dump Galatic Cowboys, King's X, and Lordchain as well as a host of others. 

There is a lot of the same rebellion in the blues as there is in metal.  It is both a music to party to as well as to lament your own personal pain.  When you really look at it, the blues mixed with some classical music on an electric guitar is what metal is.  You can't separate them.  Red Sea did a heck of a job mixing those styles.  Their only musical crime was not putting out a 2nd album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:05 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

This bluesy rock works better for bands such as REZ Band and Darrell Mansfield

So I guess that you don't like Whitesnake, Badlands, Cornerstone, Great White, Cinderella, and almost every hair metal band out there as there was always a touch of blues blended in.  Blues and hard rock/metal go hand in glove.  Take out the blues, and a lot of the early bands' solos would not have existed.  AC/DC is a hard rock band but Angus is a blues player as far as  leads go.  Deep Purple and Aerosmith have a lot of bluesy overtones as well.  If you don't want groove, then you have to dump Galatic Cowboys, King's X, and Lordchain as well as a host of others. 

There is a lot of the same rebellion in the blues as there is in metal.  It is both a music to party to as well as to lament your own personal pain.  When you really look at it, the blues mixed with some classical music on an electric guitar is what metal is.  You can't separate them.  Red Sea did a heck of a job mixing those styles.  Their only musical crime was not putting out a 2nd album.
From the bands you mentioned, I enjoy only a couple of Whitesnake tunes.

But I am not saying that there wouldn't be blues influence in hard rock/heavy metal. I am just saying that there are too many influences on Red Sea album.

If you search on youtube, you will see an interview where Basauri states he has a lot of influences from other styles not coneected to rock, such as James Brown, Aretha Franklin...
I feel that he put all of those influences on Red Sea album. And it is simply not my cup of tea. The album is not bad, I just thought it isn't great. I want to hear how the rereleased version will sound, but I don't feel I am up to hear the original version again very soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:15 am

Most artists have influences from a wide variety of sources, not just rock.

Since you don't like any of those other bands listed, it is clear that the reason you don't like Red Sea is simply because you have bad taste in music.

Wink

Kidding.....

I could really care less who you do or don't like, or you reasoning behind it.

Just wanted to point out that MOST rockers from the 80s had a wide range of influences and not just rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:58 am

He Already Left wrote:Most artists have influences from a wide variety of sources, not just rock.

Since you don't like any of those other bands listed, it is clear that the reason you don't like Red Sea is simply because you have bad taste in music.

Wink

Kidding.....

I could really care less who you do or don't like, or you reasoning behind it.

Just wanted to point out that MOST rockers from the 80s had a wide range of influences and not just rock.
The point is: how much of a influence the artist has from other styles?

For Red Sea, I would say: More than I consider it is enough. It is just an opinion, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Red Sea was an awesome release and Robyn is a great singer... love the hard rocking blues vibe with grooves so deep you can drive a crazy train through it full of metalheads screaming for more, without missing a beat... something like that.
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 am

I loved the Red Sea album and his work with P.K. Mitchell on both of those albums.  I also like the first Die Happy album and absolutely LOVE the 2nd one as it was much more bluesy as well.  With the addition of Greg Chaisson on bass on Die Happy II, you have half of Red Sea there and can fully feel those different influences in this album  The first Die Happy album was a band that hired a singer.  The 2nd album was a band that created music together using all of their influences.  It was brilliant!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20 am

I love both Die Happy albums. If I had to choose only one, I would probably go for the s/t, by a slightely difference. I enjoy the thrash influences they brought from Vengeance Rising and they fit the songs perfectly for Basauri's voice.

Anyway, let me make some justice about the Red Sea album. There is a great song in it, which has become one of my alltime favorite tunes: Tears of Joy.

I actually prefer the Joshua Perahia version of this song, but it was only an improvement of Red Sea album.
By the way, Basauri has done a great job in Joshua. I simply love the Song called "Show me the Way" released on the rereleases of Surrender album.

Robin Basauri is the kind of guy I wish he had worked in other bands or maybe he could have worked in a band for a longer period. He deserved better exposure due to his talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next