The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]!

+6
Hardcore Christian
Benny4SR
bjorn agin
Professor_Valconian
Staybrite
Kerrick
10 posters

Go down

Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]! Empty Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]!

Post by Kerrick Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:03 pm

You better be familiar with heavy metal band Four Star Revival by now (and if you aren't, 1. shame on you, and 2. remedy that now!).  Beyond being an excellent band and making quite the name for themselves with their recent debut album, their guitarist Benny is a member here on CMR!  Sunday, September 13th the mighty Anthrax is coming to FSR's area to play and they're looking for a local band to open.  Please vote on the link below!  This could be an awesome opportunity for them to share the love of Christ with tons of people who may not hear it otherwise.

https://www.facebook.com/events/790495061063907/permalink/790496224397124/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]! Empty Re: Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]!

Post by Staybrite Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Done!  I hope they get the slot.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]! Empty Re: Four Star Revival to [hopefully] open for Anthrax [with your votes]!

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:58 pm

I would but I'm not a member of the facebook Sad
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 am

Done
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 am

Thank you for the votes! We really appreciate it! And thanks for the kind words Kerrick! We're still behind by a good bit, so if you can get anyone else to vote, please do! Thanks for your support!
Rock on 1 Metal 3
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:11 am

Voting ends this Saturday at 12 pm EST! So we're making one last push to get some more votes in! We're currently sitting in 3rd place, but can gain ground quickly if enough people vote! If you've voted already, we thank you! If you can encourage others to vote, we would appreciate that as well! Thanks for your support! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 am

Went and voted glad to help a band out Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for the support brothers! I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I hear! Thanks again!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:30 am

Unfortunately we did not get the Anthrax show. Thank you to everyone that voted for us. We came in 3rd in the voting. There were 2 spots available that were given to the 1st and 2nd place bands, but then they added 2 more spots, but those were given to bands below us in the vote count? Such is the life of a Christian band trying to play at secular shows. This is not the first time we've been passed on for such opportunities. Do any of you Christian musicians out there ever encounter things like this?
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 am

Benny4SR wrote:Unfortunately we did not get the Anthrax show. Thank you to everyone that voted for us. We came in 3rd in the voting. There were 2 spots available that were given to the 1st and 2nd place bands, but then they added 2 more spots, but those were given to bands below us in the vote count? Such is the life of a Christian band trying to play at secular shows. This is not the first time we've been passed on for such opportunities. Do any of you Christian musicians out there ever encounter things like this?
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Sorry to hear about that. I never experienced that, but I never was in league to be considered for such a show.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:18 am

Ah dang!  I'm sorry to hear that.  Lame...  Neutral

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm sure you guys are pretty disappointed, because that would have been some good exposure for your band. But take comfort...." may Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. "
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Yeah, Anthrax is about as anti-christian as it gets so this isn't surprising.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Serious bummer, you were robbed.

On a side note I listened to some music by one of the bands that won.  While the band didn't stink it is not at all a style that would seem to be compatible for an audience attending an Anthrax show....makes me wonder if they will get booed off the stage.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:52 pm

1. This poll was not put up by Anthrax nor their management.
2. Nobody promised anything to the 3rd in the poll so there's no reason to complain about the choice of the initiators.
3. Nobody really wants to see FOUR local supporting acts except who? The promoter. More bands = more fans that might attend the show.
4. The two other bands have more facebook friends than Four Star Revival. So (potentially) they reach more people with their advertisement for the show.

To assume that this is all about faith is pretty far-fetched IMO.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:1. This poll was not put up by Anthrax nor their management.
2. Nobody promised anything to the 3rd in the poll so there's no reason to complain about the choice of the initiators.
3. Nobody really wants to see FOUR local supporting acts except who? The promoter. More bands = more fans that might attend the show.
4. The two other bands have more facebook friends than Four Star Revival. So (potentially) they reach more people with their advertisement for the show.

1. The poll was posted by the promoter. No one ever said it was from Anthrax or their management.
2. Nobody was promised anything as far as I know. My post was not meant to be a complaint, but rather an update of the results of the contest.
3. Of course more bands = more fans that might attend the show, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. 2 spots were originally offered, and 2 additional spots were added.
4. I really don't think this came down to Facebook likes. Those aren't always a good representation of popularity. And even though the other 2 bands had more Facebook likes, they weren't even able to capture half as many votes as we did.

Far fetched? I don't think so. But the truth is, I really don't know for sure why we were passed up for this. My comments were based more upon our experience here. This area is not a hotbed of Christian rock and metal bands. We've experienced a fair amount of prejudice trying to play in a music scene dominated by secular bands. There are cliques here that we are not a part of because of the fact that we are Christians.
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Benny4SR wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:1. This poll was not put up by Anthrax nor their management.

1. The poll was posted by the promoter. No one ever said it was from Anthrax or their management.
2. Nobody was promised anything as far as I know. My post was not meant to be a complaint, but rather an update of the results of the contest.
3. Of course more bands = more fans that might attend the show, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. 2 spots were originally offered, and 2 additional spots were added.
4. I really don't think this came down to Facebook likes. Those aren't always a good representation of popularity. And even though the other 2 bands had more Facebook likes, they weren't even able to capture half as many votes as we did.

Far fetched? I don't think so. But the truth is, I really don't know for sure why we were passed up for this. My comments were based more upon our experience here. This area is not a hotbed of Christian rock and metal bands. We've experienced a fair amount of prejudice trying to play in a music scene dominated by secular bands. There are cliques here that we are not a part of because of the fact that we are Christians.

John 15
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:57 am

Hey Benny! Sorry, my points weren't addressed to you only. Wink I was referring to several posts at the same time...

Black Rider mentioned the anti-Christian stance of Anthrax - that's why I pointed out that they weren't involved in this poll or any decision afterwards.

Staybrite wrote that "you got robbed" - that's why I wrote my 2nd point.

I was assuming that the number of facebook friends might be a reason why they chose the other bands. Getting more votes doesn't mean that you reach more people in your area. For the promoter it's of more importance that the bands actually pull people to the show (-> my point 3 - the main interest of the promoter). Maybe they assumed that the friends at facebook are a more reliable number.

I don't know for sure what the true reasons behind the decision were, but I see it way to often that Christians put themselves into a victim role for no reason (once again: I'm not adressing this to you Benny but more to sentient6).

I also experienced canceled gigs by several venues and rejections by other bands because for the reason of my faith.
So I know how it feels when you get avoided like a leper. But we should be careful to judge people as long as we are not sure about the intentions behind such decisions. It can get pretty awkward and false accusations aren't "very Christian" even if they are presented as implicit accusations like sentient6's bible verses.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:I don't know for sure what the true reasons behind the decision were, but I see it way to often that Christians put themselves into a victim role for no reason (once again: I'm not adressing this to you Benny but more to sentient6).

Tobi I wasn't necessarily stating that was the exact reason why they didn't get the gig. But if there are instances were Christians are rejected specifically because of their beliefs, I was stating the spiritual reason for it. " If the shoe fits " type of thing.

Honestly ( and nothing against FSR ), I really don't see too much in their lyrics that would cause too much offense to a secular crowd.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down