The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metalcore

+11
Candlemass
Machine Fish
Friday13th
Blake
metaldude
MegaNorm64
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
Grindboy
Kerrick
Mirkwood
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Metalcore  - Page 2 Empty Re: Metalcore

Post by Ugly Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:47 pm

I listen to some metalcore. Not a lot. Older hardcore is better though. 
But check out Red Cord Records as well. They have some decent Christian metalcore.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Candlemass wrote:I do like some Zao, Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, (though I've never heard an entire lp from DH), that's about it, perhaps some songs here and there...
If you want a epic DH album check out the Tryptich or Summer Of Darkness

The Tryptich every song is a freaking classic.

And I prefer Storm the Gates of Hell and True Defiance. Smile

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:19 am

eatbugs wrote:
Candlemass wrote:I do like some Zao, Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, (though I've never heard an entire lp from DH), that's about it, perhaps some songs here and there...

All of DHs albums are great Self Titled is my next pick Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crypticmonk Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:49 am

I like some of the older stuff, like old Demon Hunter, Norma Jean, Zao, Nodes of Ranvier, etc. I love a lot of hardcore too, like Seventh Star, Sleeping Giant, xDeathstarx, Jesus Wept...
idk, honestly, Americans just do the core stuff better than stuff like black metal, or even death metal often,,,I just think it has a really American feel to it, and I kind of like that.

crypticmonk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:18 pm

eatbugs wrote:

All of DHs albums are great Self Titled is my next pick Very Happy

Yup.  Not a bad album in the bunch (the soundtrack to 45 days is weird, but they admit that).  They're a band that has improved with time.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirkwood Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Throne of thorns wrote:
Mirkwood wrote:Uh oh! I might get stoned but I'm willing to risk it...  cyclops 

Does anyone here like metalcore or hardcore? I'm killing myself on Fit For a King and Being As An Ocean right now.
I did enjoy Hardcore from back when in christian music. I forget most of the bands names but I remember focus I think they were called and was it the blamed and some other stuff. I really enjoyed that kind of hardcore. When I first heard Living sacrifice reborn I was over the moon when I heard that album I could not believe my ears! I was sorely dissapointed with the following album and gave up on them after that.
I had the same experience and I have a certain fondness for a lot of older Christian hardcore. 

Out of curiousity, what do you listen to now?
Mirkwood
Mirkwood
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirkwood Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:04 pm

st zombie wrote:I listen to some metalcore. Not a lot. Older hardcore is better though. 
But check out Red Cord Records as well. They have some decent Christian metalcore.
Cool, I'll check it out. Thank you!
Mirkwood
Mirkwood
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:42 pm

I don't dislike the style, and I can listen to most of it without complaining, but really the only pure metalcore bands that I keep coming back to are War Of Ages and Killswitch Engage (even though they're not really a Christian band). Every other band I like that gets labelled as metalcore like Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice, and (older) Becoming The Archetype borrows heavily from other subgenres.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 am

Mirkwood wrote:
Throne of thorns wrote:
Mirkwood wrote:Uh oh! I might get stoned but I'm willing to risk it...  cyclops 

Does anyone here like metalcore or hardcore? I'm killing myself on Fit For a King and Being As An Ocean right now.
I did enjoy Hardcore from back when in christian music. I forget most of the bands names but I remember focus I think they were called and was it the blamed and some other stuff. I really enjoyed that kind of hardcore. When I first heard Living sacrifice reborn I was over the moon when I heard that album I could not believe my ears! I was sorely dissapointed with the following album and gave up on them after that.
I had the same experience and I have a certain fondness for a lot of older Christian hardcore. 

Out of curiousity, what do you listen to now?
Hi Mirkwood
I listen to lots of stuff. I dont really have genre preference if I like it then it is good be it death metal hardcore grunge rock goth alternative etc I just think as far as christian music goes there is nothing to compare with the bands of old....Early Mort, Seventh Angel, Believer, The Crucified and of course Kings x.. and a whole host of other stuff that is metal and that is not. There were heaps of great great bands to choose from but these days Hmmmm not so much for me maybe I just dont enjoy todays trends of metal and got stuck in time somewhere. There were some other Hardcore bands back from 90's that I quite liked but I cant remember the names might do some hunting down. One of them had a whole lot of bodies on the cover that looked like souls swarming or coming out of mud or something but man yeah cant remember the name of it but I quite liked the album had a real dirty raw hardcore vibe.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2