The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old?

+2
Hardcore Christian
MegaNorm64
6 posters

Go down

Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old? Empty Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old?

Post by MegaNorm64 Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Since the  old Extended Universe became archived and renamed as the Star Wars Legends, do you guys think the new EU will be as great as the old? The old EU was massive which went on to books, comics and video games. There is literally enough material to last you years before you can fully catch up to it. I didn't get far in the old EU because I didn't know where to start when it came to reading the books and comics. Instead, I followed the EU through video games. I got to play Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Force Unleashed I-II, Revenge Of The Sith, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (Don't judge lol), Bounty Hunter,Clone Wars, Shadows Of The Empire and a few other games. I am currently beginning to play KOTOR and am in the middle of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a few other older Star Wars games. All these games have more to add to the existing movies and have a lot to add to the entire franchise. I can only imagine how much the books had to offer and what they did for the Star Wars Universe. Since Disney decided to start things off clean by wiping the entire EU out, do you guys think that the new Star Wars canon and new Extended Universe will be just as great as it's former self or will it always live behind the old Extended Universe shadow?
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old? Empty Re: Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old?

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 pm

ParaNormaN wrote: I followed the EU through video games. I got to play Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Force Unleashed I-II, Revenge Of The Sith, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (Don't judge lol), Bounty Hunter,Clone Wars, Shadows Of The Empire and a few other games. I am currently beginning to play KOTOR and am in the middle of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a few other older Star Wars games.
Same I played Rogue Squadron, Shadows Of The Empire, Republic Commando, Lego Star Wars 1,2, and 3. But my all time faves are Battlefront 1 and 2

THE NEW ONE COMING THIS NOVEMBER LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old? Empty Re: Will The New Star Wars Extended Universe Be As Great As The Old?

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
ParaNormaN wrote: I followed the EU through video games. I got to play Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Force Unleashed I-II, Revenge Of The Sith, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (Don't judge lol), Bounty Hunter,Clone Wars, Shadows Of The Empire and a few other games. I am currently beginning to play KOTOR and am in the middle of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a few other older Star Wars games.
Same I played Rogue Squadron, Shadows Of The Empire, Republic Commando, Lego Star Wars 1,2, and 3. But my all time faves are Battlefront 1 and 2

THE NEW ONE COMING THIS NOVEMBER LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Brother, you don't know how hyped I am for the new Battlefront! When the gameplay footage was revealed this E3, I went to work with a huge smile on my face. It's coming out just in time to hold us until December for The Force Awakens. I heard that a Star Wars Han Solo game is being worked on by Visceral Games that is going to be in the same spirit as Star Wars 1313. If it's true, it would be awesome since we never got to experience 1313.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:01 am

I personally LOVE the KOTOR games and so wished they had made another that wasn't MMOG.  I took advantage of a big sale and a iTunes gift card to pick up the first one for iPad a few weeks ago to play it again.  I would love to see more attention paid to the Old Republic Era.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:12 am

Your question can be answered with another question: Is George Lucas still part of Star Wars?  No?  Then it will be good.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 pm

True but jj Abrams is part of it so i still have my doubts....

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:28 pm

As Ewan McGregor proved, you cannot capture the mystique of Alec Guiness.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Superjuice wrote:As Ewan McGregor proved, you cannot capture the mystique of Alec Guiness.
100% True
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down