The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out)

+4
metaldude
deathisgain
Friday13th
Hardcore Christian
8 posters

Go down

Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out) Empty Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out)

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:51 pm

From their Facebook:

Official ‪#‎NowYouKnow‬ lyrics:
Chorus:
Seem like everywhere I go, everybody wanna know
What’s it like to be a girl, in the music world
Wanna make it disappear, tell 'em what they wanna hear,
If truth aint pretty will you all stay with me
Will you love me, love me ugly
V1
The scene is so sexist, believe me I get it, we’d probably sell more records if I flaunted my a*s and chest but
forget it
I work like one of the boys, and I’m as true as they get
but I’m a lady through and through, like give me some credit
I knew I’d regret it if I tried to blend in and pretend
Be something other than I am
like have you noticed I’m a woman
Didn’t come to downplay it, or to play it up either
and I’m not trying pick a fight or be nobody's leader
But it feels like everybody’s just a little too interested
In the fact that females can indeed make music
Our interviews, our bios, --they all make it a point
“Female Fronted Band, from Decatur, Illinois"
And just once, I’d like to see some other band’s resume go out of their way to say they’re fronted by a male, ok?
And while we’re on it, let me say
Women don’t all sound the same
Who gave us the idea that "Female Fronted” is a genre anyway?
V2
And I know it’s not fair, and I can’t complain,
Cuz with girl in our band, people don’t look away
But you know what, it feels like they look just a little too long
stare me up and down, forget to listen to the song
I take the stage
and before I even open my mouth, the audience assumes that they got us all figured out
"Oh your band’s got a chick, must be some kinda trick,
there’s no way she got this far without sucking somebody's"
Did you really think that’s how it works, I’m not f*cking eye candy
I’m here to do my job, I’ll be the last man standing
Boys in crowd asking, for me to flash them, well here you go, news flash:
You’re ignorant and that’s that
I bet you’d never say that to your little sister
The media’s got you all jacked up, little mister
Cuz girls in my position can perpetuate the cycle
walking a tightrope, don’t know which way to go
Hypersexualize, or downplay your femininity
Dress like the dudes, or pray to God that you’re pretty
Are you kidding me? And I don’t even know who’s to blame
Beauty sells, I buy it too, I’m trying to sell it back it you.
V3
So tell me, what’s a woman to do-no, scratch that
Tell me what’s a human being to with the fact that
What gets us ahead just holds us back more
Is a level playing field too much to ask for?
And I know that by saying it, I'm bringing attention
To an issue that might be better left unmentioned -
but someone's gotta say it, gotta call out the scene
the scene is obscene, my sanity's split at the seams
So to all of ya’ll making this just about a*s and tits
here to set the record straight, it don’t gotta be this way
We can change the game, rearrange the way to fame
And make a bigger deal about the talent than the face
See I got little girls watching me, wanting to be like me,
And i wanna show them that they don’t gotta be like me
They can do their own thing, they can rewrite the rules
They can get respect without acting like fools
So lets not make it harder than it has to be
I’ll keep making music, you stop asking me
What’s it like to be a girl in the entertainment world,
Cuz now you know
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out) Empty Re: Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out)

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:51 pm

I tried to cut out all the swearing Neutral
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out) Empty Re: Icon For Hire REVEAL NEW SONG LYRICS (check this one out)

Post by Friday13th Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:53 am

I understand the general sentiment, and some of the points made are valid to a certain extent. Really though...listening to the actual song...I don't wonder why Icon for Hire were sold on the female-fronted image. Maybe because they're not that talented? Maybe the music isn't interesting enough? It's just my opinion of course, but when they're complaining about people only looking at the image, I would do the same if I weren't saved by Jesus. Not saying it justifies any horrible behavior like "boys in the crowd asking for me to flash them." Stuff like that should be addressed and condemned, but the point I'm trying to make is the band complaining about their image being more important than the music...why did they name their band the name they chose? They can continually blame their record label, but they signed the dotted line and only just realized what they've done. Even after leaving the label, it seems their music is worse. So much for the label stifling their creativity. You CAN sell your image to the point of it overtaking your music...it's called selling out. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it. Icon for Hire is the one that drew the double-edged sword, and now they're regretting it.

So how would I address the REAL issues in a much better way? How about having a deep discussion and songs that address the dangers of superficiality? Sexual addiction? Immodesty? 

Proverbs 31:30 - "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." 
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am

Just because you don't like their style doesn't mean they aren't that talented.

I don't like their style since the first album, but the girl can sing and there is no doubt about it. The style they are playing now is more suited to Lady Gaga fans than guys into Christian metal....but we aren't the tatget audience either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:17 am

I said it's my opinion they're not good musically...I know, dude. It doesn't have to be factually correct to be another logical reason why people only look at their image. It's basically common sense that people will feed themselves entertainment purely for the sex appeal. I might have liked Transformers and tried to ignore all the innuendo. I know some dudes were there just for Megan Fox. But Icon For Hire let their image speak for them and not their music in order to draw in the "Megan Fox crowd." Now they're regretting it. I personally would have liked a Transformers movie with no supermodel actresses and more robots, but I know that would have tanked commercially. It's the same kind of price you'd pay if you just let the music do the talking. Fewer fans, but all there for the right reasons.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:15 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:Just because you don't like their style doesn't mean they aren't that talented.

I don't like their style since the first album, but the girl can sing and there is no doubt about it. The style they are playing now is more suited to Lady Gaga fans than guys into Christian metal....but we aren't the tatget audience either.
Thats the part that confused me, was them saying "the label changed our sound" and "thats not what we wanted".

I was hoping they would go back to the old rock sound, but instead this "freedom" has taken them more in the opposite direction then I thought they were going to be heading.

The funny part about their last album, lyrically, was they had themes of "not conforming" and "changing who you are", and stuff like "the pop scene is cut throat", "its all the media" type stuff.

Yet their sound was exactly what they were cutting down face palm lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 am

Friday13th wrote:I said it's my opinion they're not good musically...I know, dude. It doesn't have to be factually correct to be another logical reason why people only look at their image. It's basically common sense that people will feed themselves entertainment purely for the sex appeal. I might have liked Transformers and tried to ignore all the innuendo. I know some dudes were there just for Megan Fox. But Icon For Hire let their image speak for them and not their music in order to draw in the "Megan Fox crowd." Now they're regretting it. I personally would have liked a Transformers movie with no supermodel actresses and more robots, but I know that would have tanked commercially. It's the same kind of price you'd pay if you just let the music do the talking. Fewer fans, but all there for the right reasons.
I agree
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 am

I hadn't realized that they released a song until last night. When my wife and I both listened to it, we came to the same conclusion - it sucked musically. The chorus was alright, but that constant nasally whiny voice was grating after the first few lines. After the dust settles, they'll probably blame the old fans (Christians) as being too narrowly minded and not supporting them.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:38 am

I made it through the first chorus. It's horrible.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:53 pm

deathisgain wrote:I hadn't realized that they released a song until last night. When my wife and I both listened to it, we came to the same conclusion - it sucked musically. The chorus was alright, but that constant nasally whiny voice was grating after the first few lines. After the dust settles, they'll probably blame the old fans (Christians) as being too narrowly minded and not supporting them.
Dont even look at the Facebook comments on those lyrics

It just a huge amount of people saying Christians are what you mentioned and that religion is  why the band "failed" blah blah blah, etc.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
deathisgain wrote:I hadn't realized that they released a song until last night. When my wife and I both listened to it, we came to the same conclusion - it sucked musically. The chorus was alright, but that constant nasally whiny voice was grating after the first few lines. After the dust settles, they'll probably blame the old fans (Christians) as being too narrowly minded and not supporting them.

It just a huge amount of people saying Christians are what you mentioned and that religion is  why the band "failed" blah blah blah, etc.

I have, and they have given me a good laugh. The best comebacks, are the ones that mention how the band "now belongs to the people", and the people are speaking.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:00 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:

I have, and they have given me a good laugh. The best comebacks, are the ones that mention how the band "now belongs to the people", and the people are speaking.
cheers lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I actually use to really like this band, but I’m starting to see that with each new song they put out, they seem to be getting worse. I loved their debut album. Their second album had a few songs that I liked okay, but this new song is just musically not my thing. The rap vocals are grating and part of the chorus sounds recycled from “Fall Apart” off of their debut.

Not to mention, the unnecessary swearing takes away from the otherwise decent message of the song. If “little girls” look up to Ariel, then why doesn’t she show them how to stand up for themselves without being vulgar. It makes her sound less intelligent than the bright young lady I believe her to be. It seems like she is just trying to be controversial for the sake of being controversial. If they are trying to shed any ties to “Christian” music, so be it, but there are certainly more tactful ways to do it. I certainly don’t mean any disrespect toward them. Between the poor quality of the music and the lackluster lyrics, I think I am just disappointed as a fan.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:28 pm

deathisgain wrote: After the dust settles, they'll probably blame the old fans (Christians) as being too narrowly minded and not supporting them.

No, they can blame the secular music scene. When you sell out to the " worlds " message, its because people care more for its approval over Christs.

....I never seen them as a " Christian " band anyway though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Gag! I never heard of these guys till this thread ;(
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Only read halfway through before I got bored. Sounds like an angry feminist.

EDIT: Looked up the song on youtube. Oh god why...
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down