The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Would Dare to Love ISIS?

4 posters

Go down

Who Would Dare to Love ISIS? Empty Who Would Dare to Love ISIS?

Post by d@v!d Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 pm

What do you all think?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Who Would Dare to Love ISIS? Empty Re: Who Would Dare to Love ISIS?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:24 pm

This is the only ISIS I could ever love    Twisted Evil

Who Would Dare to Love ISIS? Maxres10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Love ISIS?

ISIS is a system, why should I love it?

And why are these "people of the cross" treating that system like it is an individual (human being)?

(just thinking out loud here)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:03 pm

There seems to be a difference in who the video is addressed to...and to whom it is actually speaking.

Calling this particular system "brother", and treating it like a person, as if we should love and forgive it, doesn't seem right.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

"Chop off my head and it won't harm me. I have a God who will give me a new one." — Martin Luther
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Pray for them that God may open their eyes of course. Share the Gospel has one has the opportunity. But people who commit murder such as this I believe are under some exceptional satanic influence.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 am

sentient 6 wrote:Pray for them that God may open their eyes of course. Share the Gospel has one has the opportunity. But people who commit murder such as this I believe are under some exceptional satanic influence.
I agree.

I don't know what to make of the video. I'm impressed with it selflessness and desire to reach out to the most despicable and yet, something seems off.

I think it must be understood in the context of the voice of those being martyred there. I do believe, like you say that there is an exceptional influence involved in these executions. I dared to to watch the first American's execution in Iraq back in the day and there was a freneticism in their movements that gave me the demon vibe, which explained to me how someone could do such.

Those Christians they execute are likely the closest thing to a gospel witness they will here. Since ISIS has a propensity for communicating through elaborate video, this video seems like an attempt to communicate with them in their own language.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:This is the only ISIS I could ever love    Twisted Evil

Who Would Dare to Love ISIS? Maxres10
Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 am

ISIS and Al Qaeda are the only people I willingly wish death upon. I don't do it on purpose but, when I see videos and articles about them beheading not only Americans but their own damn people and wanting to recreate 9/11, my nerves and my temper get the best of me and, well... Yeah.

I don't even feel bad about it to be honest.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:55 pm

ParaNormaN wrote:ISIS and Al Qaeda are the only people I willingly wish death upon. I don't do it on purpose but, when I see videos and articles about them beheading not only Americans but their own damn people and wanting to recreate 9/11, my nerves and my temper get the best of me and, well... Yeah.

I don't even feel bad about it to be honest.

I can understand what you mean here.

An interesting thing to note is that if a person is that hellbent on committing murder, we really don't have to wish death upon them. They're gonna get what they have coming to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed May 13, 2015 1:44 pm

This is where the whole issue of loving ones enemies gets convoluted.  We aren't called to love systems, ideologies, governments, religions, etc.  We are called to love the people who are a part of those things.  But we seem to be caught in this mindset that loving someONE means accepting and condoning what they are a part of.  There is no asterisk to Jesus' words there:  love your enemies, bless those who persecute you.  Not saying it is easy, but it is our calling as followers of Christ.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed May 13, 2015 2:54 pm

messiaen77 wrote:This is where the whole issue of loving ones enemies gets convoluted.  We aren't called to love systems, ideologies, governments, religions, etc.  We are called to love the people who are a part of those things.  But we seem to be caught in this mindset that loving someONE means accepting and condoning what they are a part of.  There is no asterisk to Jesus' words there:  love your enemies, bless those who persecute you.  Not saying it is easy, but it is our calling as followers of Christ.
Good point.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:49 pm

messiaen77 wrote:We aren't called to love systems, ideologies, governments, religions, etc.  We are called to love the people who are a part of those things.

That's true.

messiaen77 wrote:But we seem to be caught in this mindset that loving someONE means accepting and condoning what they are a part of.

Sometimes it does, though.

That's why we are to be careful HOW we love them.

2 John 1:[9] Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
[10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
[11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down