The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag?

+4
Kerrick
metaldude
d@v!d
timekeeper
8 posters

Go down

Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag? Empty Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag?

Post by timekeeper Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 am

What I mean, is that I miss the magazine that covered Christian/faith based bands, without having to worry about coverage of bands or articles that are questionable or having nothing to due with the faith at all.  I still read the magazine, but it's a bit disappointing when I go through the pages now, such as the new issue featuring Papa Roach on the cover.  Is it just me?
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag? Empty Re: Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag?

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am

Last time I read that mag it was called Heaven's Metal. From what you describe it sounds quite poor these days.

Seems to me like there's enough Christian metal out there to fill the mag's content. When the salt has lost its saltiness it's time to through it out.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag? Empty Re: Am I the only one who misses the classic "HM" mag?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

+1

They lost me when the shortened the name to HM and started covering mainstream, non-metal bands.

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 pm

That's just it - there is enough good Christian hard/heavy music to fill it, and that was the point...to read it and get that type of info.  Now, it's like you have to filter through it to get what you are looking for.  That kinda sucks.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Loved Heaven's Metal. Don't care for HM.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Anyone know of any quality publications?  Seems if you included ALL the Christian metal genres/styles, there'd be enough material to fit a monthly magazine.  I'd definitely be interested in that...  Though then again with the internet, it's so quick/easy to find most all of that information online and for free...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Sounds like Kerrick needs to start one. The only problem is there would be an IM article in every issue! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't quite understand what you mean by the word "problem"...  Do you mean to say that one Maiden article/issue wouldn't be enough?  Maybe two or three???  Hmm, yes, perhaps you're right!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:Anyone know of any quality publications?  Seems if you included ALL the Christian metal genres/styles, there'd be enough material to fit a monthly magazine.  I'd definitely be interested in that...  Though then again with the internet, it's so quick/easy to find most all of that information online and for free...
I don't know. Here and chasing links on youtube is where I learn just about everything. I think the internet is the death of magazines.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycanuck Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:28 pm

you can read all the issues online for free

HM
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:19 pm

They still have mostly Christian bands

I read it every month sad that Papa Roach is on the cover though 

It's cool Doug Van Pelt still writes articles too
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Most of the secular bands in HM were for their " what so and so sez " section. And the others were probably because a member(s) were reported to have some kind of faith.

I stopped getting it when the majority of bands they would cover were " core " bands. I wanted to find out about more traditional metal bands, and HM simply didn't meet that interest anymore.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 pm

I used to LOVE Heaven's Metal, but lost interest after a few issues of HM.  Is the fanzine still going?

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down