The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lanny Cordola??

4 posters

Go down

Lanny Cordola?? Empty Lanny Cordola??

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:17 pm

I have been in a mood for melodic metal and shredding. I have listened through the House of Lords catalogue, Magdallan and Lanny Cordola´s solo efforts. 

Lanny Cordola is one of a mystery.

Knowing that this guy is just amazing on guitar I have to say that he is very quiet about himself. I did quick google search and learned that he is in Facebook, but he has no website or any place where he promotes his music or talent. Actually there is hardly anything on the internet about him.

Is he doing music at all anymore, or is he just fundraising humanitarian targets?

Back to top Go down

Lanny Cordola?? Empty Re: Lanny Cordola??

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm

As far as I am concerned, his last work in music industry was the album The Power and the Myth, from House of Lords in 2004. And they released a live album around 2004/2005. That is it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:39 pm

I knew that he returned to House of Lords for one album, but is it really so that he hasn´t done anything after that musically?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 am

Well, I haven't seen him in any other project since them. And you know, between 97 and 2004, the only thing he has done is a solo album called Salvation medicine Show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm

I don´t have that one. I have Electric warrior, acoustic saint and Of riffs and symphonies.

What´s it like?

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 am

Ecclectic to say the least.  He recently released a couple of songs relating to his work in Afghanistan on Youtube.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:07 pm

It's always bizarre to me when someone given serious talent chooses not to use it any longer.  I honestly don't understand it.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:30 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:It's always bizarre to me when someone given serious talent chooses not to use it any longer.  I honestly don't understand it.
I am not sure if he just decided not to use it. He used to be a hard rock guitar player and it has lost its popularity in the 90's due to the increasing grunge scene. There is no support for these kind of artist anymore. To move on, he needed a record label, investments and the opportunity for selling his album and tour.

To proof his availabality, is that Lanny Cordolla said "yes" to James Christian at the time House of Lords was reunited, but then the band was dismissed by James and the label, as they decided to start over the reunion with a brand new band, even though they kept the name.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:58 pm

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:02 am

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 am

strangerhoncho wrote:It's always bizarre to me when someone given serious talent chooses not to use it any longer.  I honestly don't understand it.
But he is still using his talents, just not in the same way.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

I have all of the Magdallan/Magdalen albums he played guitar/co-wrote:

Big Bang 1992
Revolution Mind 1993
Dirt 1994
End of the Age 1999

Here is some trivia regarding Lanny Cordorla:

When Big Bang came out I thought and I think others thought that Ken Tamplin changed the name of Shout to Magdallan. Basically I thought that Magdallan was the continuation of Shout under a different name. I think there was some confusion when Big Bang was released regarding this.

After the first album was released, Tamplin left the band. Tamplin commented that he felt the need for a fresh start after he learned that Intense Records had planned to shelve the Big Bang album after two years of hard work. After Tamplin's departure, the studio project of Magdallan was turned into a full band and thus the name was changed from Magdallan to Magdalen. Big Bang was actually recorded a couple of years before it was released in early 1992. Gene Simmons of KISS wanted the buy the rights to 1 or 2 of the Big Bang ballads but Ken and Lanny declined as far as I know.

The name of Magdallan was resumed when the End of the Age was released where material was included from both Magdallan and Magdalen eras.

Lanny is friends with John Stamos and appears on an episode of Full House. As you may know, Candice Cameron was on Full House who is the sister of Kirk Cameron (Left Behind, Growing Pains and Way of the Master). John Stamos contributed on the Big Bang album.

In addition, Ken Mary also was the drummer on Magdallen, Impellitteri, House of Lords and Alice Cooper. As far a I know Ken Mary is also a Christian.

Lanny also is friends with bassist Chuck Wright of Quiet Riot. Chuck played bass on Revolution Mind, Dirt and End of the Age. Chuck also played bass with Mr. Big, House of Lords and Impellitteri.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:06 am

I never knew why Magdallan changed to Magdalen and then back again
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down