The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

+16
TheDoctor394
MegaNorm64
metalh
Machine Fish
thisundyingfire
alldatndensum
KaramKaram
MikeInFla
TheOldMan2084
Superjuice
Peter who was Vaak
PlaceOfASkull
d@v!d
Xid
Blake
Hardcore Christian
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Games

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:21 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I don't play video games anymore. I think it's because I just ran out of time for it. Being a stay at home father - plus working from home - just really means no time for stuff like video games anymore.

Now I do play a relaxing game of poker online (play money) each day. It's a way to relax for me ... and listen to some great music!

But the days of just sitting down and playing video games are a thing of the past for me. You guys are so lucky who still have that kind of time.

Thumbs up

As my kids grow up - I find that I want to spend as much time with them as possible.

I know i Dont get to play mine everyday , but when i do its for a limited time and normally after my little one is in bed.  or napping

I cant even remember the last time i had turned my xbox on.... close to a year i think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 pm

LOL and that time becomes more precious as your daughter gets older and more demanding of Dad's attention Wink 

Having two kids makes it even harder as far as time goes. Cause they both want your constant attention. Smile I wouldn't have it any other way though.

I'm very blessed and I know it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Yup and she'll get it too

I cant imagine having 2 kids, 1 is more than enough for me lol. We decided on just one for a few reasons some personal , but given our ages and we didnt want one to feel like we favored the other and vice versa (that comes from my wife's childhood)  this way we can focus our attention and love into one child.  If i were 10 years younger I would be open for a 2nd child.

I feel the same way I know I am very blessed too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:42 am

I guess my favorite console was the Super Nintendo as it was the last one I owned.  I didn't see the point in continually upgrading as I wasn't playing the games I had as much as I did when I first got the system.  I haven't owned a game system in a long, long time.

I don't play games anymore on the computer, tablet, or phone.  They just don't seem to have such a powerful draw anymore.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 pm

We have a Xbox one with Kinect...my wife uses it alot for her exercise..she does the dance videos... I like Borderlands ...I also play alot of games on my ipad..I enjoy more classic games like  angry birds, pacman, donkey kong, etc. I also have a ds lite..I play sonic and the classic atari games on it...

Back to top Go down

Post by thisundyingfire Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Favorite games would Super Mario World, Resident Evil 4, LOZ: Link's Awakening. Those all tie for the top spot

Also tore up many a round of Halo 2/3 and COD: MW

Currently I've been playing Bloodborne like mad, liked Demon Souls before it. Also really dug GTA V outside of some of the content, and really most everything I've played on PS4 so far.
thisundyingfire
thisundyingfire
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:08 am

Ive got both the Xbox One and 360, and a Wii also. Currently I'm playing the crap out of Fallout 4 (just got the new DLC). I'm a big fan of open world RPG's and a handful of shooters. Mostly into anything that lets me build a custom character.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:47 pm

The only games I play anymore are the Fallout games. I've invested hundreds of hours into New Vegas. Currently battling it out in Boston!

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 pm

I still play Donkey Kong, Super Mario, Megaman and Contra games. I play some new games too but not too much. I prefer oldschool type of games and I have to say that the Shoot Em Up genre is the only one of the oldschool tyoe games that has really improved over the years. There are some really crazy and intense ones in the indy scene.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:51 pm

I asked a couple of students at the high school where I work what they did for fun when they weren't playing video games.  They quickly got this confused look on their faces.  I don't think that they've ever considered that there is life away from the console.  That's sad, really.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:00 am

alldatndensum wrote:I asked a couple of students at the high school where I work what they did for fun when they weren't playing video games.  They quickly got this confused look on their faces.  I don't think that they've ever considered that there is life away from the console.  That's sad, really.
I do naughty things. I like pranking friends and sharing my randomness with them.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Currently playing Guild Wars 2.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Guest wrote:Dragon's Lair was a cool 1983 arcade game.

Not only did I used to play this, I eventually conquered it. :-)  Considering I wasn't a regular gamer, and didn't even have those hand-held games other kids loved at the time, I see this is as one of my life's great achievements.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I asked a couple of students at the high school where I work what they did for fun when they weren't playing video games.  They quickly got this confused look on their faces.  I don't think that they've ever considered that there is life away from the console.  That's sad, really.

I can't help but think some of the confusion would be as to WHY an adult employee where they went to school would ask that sort of thing?  HAHA!!!  I mean, looking back to myself (specifically, my attitude) in high-school, if the custodian, janitor, teacher or any "staff" said "Hey, what do you do for fun besides video games?".   I'd looked confused... but not because I wouldn't know how to answer the question.  I'd be wondering WHY they asked, what they're going to do with the information, if they're a chomo and stalking me, etc.  LOL

If I had the attitude NOW that I did in high school, I would politely answer without the confusion. Some of that may come from getting asked the most random questions in the gym I work out at. XD
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 am

Lately I have been hooked on a game called Hand of Fate. Its a card based dungeon crawler RPG. All equipment monsters and encounters are represented by cards. The card aspect sounds dull and initially made me decide not to play it, but eventually when I played it I realized how amazing the card aspect really is. Never played a game like it. I highly recommend it. It also has amazing voice acting
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue May 02, 2023 8:43 pm

This needs a bump.

Currently playing:

Hearthstone (and its mini-game Mercenaries)
Knights of Pen & Paper II
The Bard's Tale Trilogy
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue May 02, 2023 8:44 pm

Been working my way through getting 3 stars on all Mario Kart 8 cups. Finally did it. First time I’ve beaten everything on a Mario Kart game since the N64 days.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed May 03, 2023 1:46 pm

I've been borderline addicted to Skyrim (Anniversary Edition) since February 2022.  I usually only have a couple hours or so per day that I have time to play games, but 90%+ of that time has gone toward Skyrim.  (Nintendo Switch and PC both)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Wed May 03, 2023 5:07 pm

Just downloaded (as part of PS+)...

Grid Legends
Descender
Chivalry 2
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu May 04, 2023 6:56 am

I love video games. Over the past few months I've been playing

-The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
-Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (new version) almost every Monday with a buddy.

I also played GTA online fairly recently but after that whole security scare I never really felt like starting it up again. Last games I played before that were Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Ryse: Son of Rome and the classic Battlefront 2. I'm sure I forgot about a few other games, mainly Star Wars ones.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2