The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Plea

+18
messiaen77
Soldier777
Deepfriar
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
metaldude
MegaNorm64
*static*
Blake
bjorn agin
Candlemass
MikeInFla
d@v!d
XenonLion
KaramKaram
Gandalf the White
Kerrick
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Plea - Page 2 Empty Re: A Plea

Post by XenonLion Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Very Happy
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

XenonLion wrote:Doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Very Happy
Twisted Evil
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Soldier777 wrote:I must of missed out on the resentment/hard feelings that members feel towards each other. I wasn't aware that there were issues.

I would like to say that members have posted comments to my posts that I was surprised at or wondered, "what is that guy getting on with!". I probably posted things that others didn't like as well. The way I see it is most of us  are adults and we agree to disagree.

Also, we are from different parts of the world  and we all see things differently. An American in the Bible belt will see things differently than a Canadian like myself who is from Newfoundland where Canadians are known for being polite and Newfoundlanders are known for their hospitality (If anyone in here came to my door, I'd invite you in to have a cup of tea and some toast or cookies and snacks).

Also, it's too bad that the Theology Realm got locked. I sometimes would read some comments on different topics and found the interesting. To be honest, to this day after reading the various views I don't know what category of beliefs I fall under regarding Reformer, Calvinist, Lutheran, or whatever. All I know is I believe in the trinity of equal members of the God Head with each having different roles being active in salvation of believers. I don't believe that God elects people to be saved. Salvation is open to everyone but God knows in the end who will respond by accepting, believing, confessing and repenting.

In addition, not everyone here are Christians and those who are Christians should respect their decision to not be a Christian. We also have varying beliefs in God here from my impressions from Atheism to full on bible believing Christians. We as Christians need to be more accountable to ourselves and watch what we say.

I was going to post something regarding some current events and Bible prophecy to get some feedback and I don't know where to post it now with the Theology Realm locked. I have noticed I haven't seen a few members here in a while like God's Wizard, Daniel Band Fan and a couple of ladies. I hope they didn't leave here because they didn't like some of the things that were said.

With all this said, I hope we can all put our differences aside and get along better. I would like to see the Theology Realm unlocked.

Yeah, we had a few users leave and others really hurt by some of the things said in the TR (that's THEOLOGY Realm, not Theocracy Realm Wink ).  Ah, but if only we were able to "agree to disagree"...  That is what a big part of the problem was.

Dang, tea and cookies at Solider777's house!  Very Happy  Too bad not everyone is as friendly as you!

That is a valid point: not everyone here are Christians.  In my "plea," it was directed towards the self-professed Christians, as the non-Christians of the board weren't the problem.  But my hope was that the overall theme of respect and love would shine through to all regardless.

I haven't seen God's Wizard in a LONG time but DBF is still here.  He changed his name to Driven though.

I hope to reopen the TR again too.  Before we do that though, we'll have to agree upon and re-write the rules to be much more explicit, discuss how we're going to enforce it, and the like.  It's going to take some time, but I think we're over that rough patch as a forum and are making good headway.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Soldier777 wrote:With all this said, I hope we can all put our differences aside and get along better. I would like to see the Theology Realm unlocked.

Even if it were unlocked, you would probably still see sharp disagreements, because there is such a wide chasm of beliefs represented here. And, it just so happens that those that have the widest chasm, are the ones that frequent the theology section.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Kerrick wrote:
I hope to reopen the TR again too.  Before we do that though, we'll have to agree upon and re-write the rules to be much more explicit, discuss how we're going to enforce it, and the like.  It's going to take some time, but I think we're over that rough patch as a forum and are making good headway.  Smile

Think about it - you got Roman Catholic, Open theists, Pelagians, Reformed, non trinitarians, Word of Faith all as heavy users of the theology section. There is not alot of unity there. Now, that is no excuse to not be civil and to not be respectful, but we should not expect alot of agreement in there. The only way it would work here is conceding that is the nature of the beast of allowing theology being discussed among such different views, but holding people personally accountable for their behavior.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Think about it - you got Roman Catholic, Open theists, Pelagians, Reformed, non trinitarians, Word of Faith all as heavy users of the theology section. There is not alot of unity there. Now, that is no excuse to not be civil and to not be respectful, but we should not expect alot of agreement in there. The only way it would work here is conceding that is the nature of the beast of allowing theology being discussed among such different views, but holding people personally accountable for their behavior.
very true S6..the thing is the new direction most here seem to want for the theology forum is no debate or argument...more like a topic or question is presented and each view can lay out their view and why they hold that view and thats where it stops..those holding different views would no longer challenge each other...

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

I haven't seen God's Wizard in a LONG time...

GW had been gone for a while but reappeared a while back as Albert Pike.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by *static* Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:31 am

Last edited by *static* on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
*static*
*static*
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:42 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
very true S6..the thing is the new direction most here seem to want for the theology forum is no debate or argument...more like a topic or question is presented and each view can lay out their view and why they hold that view and thats where it stops..those holding different views would no longer challenge each other...
If that's what the moderators want, I will oblige.  However, I do know of other theology message boards where it doesn't matter if you disagree to the point of near-arguing.  The problem is there are too many people to really get to know anyone and I liked a smaller community (and believe it or not I love each and every one of the folks I ever debated with).  Oh well.  Smile

It's ultimately up to the mods and if they don't want heated debate we have to respect that.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:31 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Savage Amusement wrote:

Well, I've said it before, but it's not the broad perspectives or the disagreements or debates that got the TR shut down: it was HOW those differences/debates were handled.  It pushed multiple people away from the entire forum - not just the TR.  If we're losing members because they no longer feel this to be a safe place, we have a problem.  If someone has to have excessively thick skin to have a theological discussion, that's a problem.

I don't expect (or want) everyone to agree: that'd be boring and pointless.  I also don't want some watered-down, tiptoe-through-the-tulips type discussion section where people remain surfacy either.  I believe we can find that balance between getting deep into the "good stuff" and yet remaining respectful and loving.  We've done it before; I've seen it.

It all came down to people not treating each other with respect.  All that being said, I have seen great progress and am really hopeful/excited to see what's in store for us as a community from here-on-out.  As a whole, through a few threads and via private messaging, we've been discussing ways to improve things here and fresh new ideas to implement - and it's been great!  Things are getting better and I hope to once again have this be a place where we can safely/respectfully/deeply discuss all topics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Why do I feel the desire to participate in a group hug?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:02 pm

not with me bro..I cant stand for anyone other than my wife to touch me... I dont even like to hug my own kids or mother  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 pm

*static* wrote:It's a pity this board doesn't save old posts.

If those old posts repent and confess Jesus, then they shall be saved.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:18 pm

deathisgain wrote:

lol!  Actually, they all go to this graveyard that mods can see.  SO... if there's a specific topic you want to resurrect, we can be of service.  afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:22 pm

deathisgain wrote:

Amen! Preach it!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:29 pm

now I disagree here..all thats needed is faith to be saved... Laughing ..(wow, free grace theology is alive and well even in this thread Twisted Evil  )

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:Well, I've said it before, but it's not the broad perspectives or the disagreements or debates that got the TR shut down: it was HOW those differences/debates were handled.  It pushed multiple people away from the entire forum - not just the TR.  If we're losing members because they no longer feel this to be a safe place, we have a problem.  If someone has to have excessively thick skin to have a theological discussion, that's a problem.

I don't expect (or want) everyone to agree: that'd be boring and pointless.  I also don't want some watered-down, tiptoe-through-the-tulips type discussion section where people remain surfacy either.  I believe we can find that balance between getting deep into the "good stuff" and yet remaining respectful and loving.  We've done it before; I've seen it.

It all came down to people not treating each other with respect.  All that being said, I have seen great progress and am really hopeful/excited to see what's in store for us as a community from here-on-out.  As a whole, through a few threads and via private messaging, we've been discussing ways to improve things here and fresh new ideas to implement - and it's been great!  Things are getting better and I hope to once again have this be a place where we can safely/respectfully/deeply discuss all topics.
I'm having a hard time believing that the forum lost so many members because of the way people discussed theology. Yes there was some sarcasm, berating, and teasing, but everyone always apologized and made up.

I think reason anyone left the board in relation the the theology section was because they were reading things that confronted their life view and they didn't have the maturity to except differing opinions or ideas that were disruptive to their fantasy world.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

now I disagree here..all thats needed is faith to be saved... Laughing ..(wow, free grace theology is alive and well even in this thread Twisted Evil  )
But we know that FGT can't be true now because they indeed weren't saved. They were predestined to perdition.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:30 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:

But we know that FGT can't be true now because they indeed weren't saved. They were predestined to perdition.

+1
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Don't take this the wrong way... but I love you guys.  I love you

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Maybe Christianity itself is false..I mean any religion that has hundreds of interpretations and theologys needs to be questioned.. it creates doubt..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

A Plea - Page 2 2Q==

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:Don't take this the wrong way... but I love you guys.  I love you
I love you too in the most straight way ever flower
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Somebody left the record stuck on repeat again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

not with me bro..I cant stand for anyone other than my wife to touch me... I dont even like to hug my own kids or mother  affraid

Same here, actually (...except I don't have a wife). Aforementioned hug was more theoretical in nature. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum