The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allan Aguirre Appreciation Thread

+2
Dustofyears
Raegoul
6 posters

Go down

Allan Aguirre Appreciation Thread Empty Allan Aguirre Appreciation Thread

Post by Raegoul Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:19 pm

I am a big fan of Scaterd few. However, in that recent Ted Kirkpatrick memorial show he came off as a bit of a dick. Now I saw this video where he is discussing with the Atheist dude Simon and, as opposed to a few other Christian musicians, he not only did great on the show but he came off as an absolutely unwavering follower of our Lord Jesus Christ. It‘s worth watching and extremely entertaining even if there are frequent technical issues. He is really close to getting Simon back to the flock at one point where his voice gets so soft and loving. 

Anyway just wanted to throw this out as I was reluctant to watch but didn‘t regret it. I only regretted they did not discuss all topics to the end, I could have listened much longer. Unfortunately they did not go further into Allan‘s relationship with Roger Martinez as I still wonder how it came along that Allan did the background wailing on Raegoul. Anyway…

Feel free to discuss or disagree.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Allan Aguirre Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Allan Aguirre Appreciation Thread

Post by Dustofyears Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:24 pm

Watched both those. Thought he was quite hilarious on that Jimmy Brown show.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:02 am

I love Scaterd Few and think Allan is a great character and musician with a unique background.  But he always comes across as a bit of a narcissist to me.  Every interview I've ever heard, he's really into who he is, what he's done, and what he knows.  He always knows more than any interviewer and always cuts them off constantly to say whatever he wants to say.  It's also typical of all the pentecostal Christians I've known over 30 years.  It just gets so annoying.  Maybe I'm sensitive to it because I've known a few narcissists in my life.  It's also typical of a lot of unique artists (including many Christians); maybe it's inseparable from great art.  But I can't stomach it after too long.  I got through half way and had to cut it off.  I'll try to listen to the rest later.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:30 am

Raegoul wrote:I am a big fan of Scaterd few. However, in that recent Ted Kirkpatrick memorial show he came off as a bit of a dick. Now I saw this video where he is discussing with the Atheist dude Simon and, as opposed to a few other Christian musicians, he not only did great on the show but he came off as an absolutely unwavering follower of our Lord Jesus Christ. It‘s worth watching and extremely entertaining even if there are frequent technical issues. He is really close to getting Simon back to the flock at one point where his voice gets so soft and loving. 

Anyway just wanted to throw this out as I was reluctant to watch but didn‘t regret it. I only regretted they did not discuss all topics to the end, I could have listened much longer. Unfortunately they did not go further into Allan‘s relationship with Roger Martinez as I still wonder how it came along that Allan did the background wailing on Raegoul. Anyway…

Feel free to discuss or disagree.

I agree. I think he was much more likable on the recent atheist guy show than the rude behavior he had regarding Ted K on the previous video with Jimmy Brown.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:19 pm

I remember years ago listen to a really interesting podcast interview with Allan about the history of Scaterd Few.
found them ...
part 1
https://asthestorygrows.com/episodes/02c66ab9

part 2
https://asthestorygrows.com/episodes/276890e8
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

strangerhoncho, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down