The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024

+5
Constantine
dwells
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
KaramKaram
9 posters

Go down

Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024 Empty Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024

Post by KaramKaram Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:21 am

Teramaze, the Progressive Metal Titans, captivate audiences with their intricate melodies, powerful rhythms, and thought-provoking lyrics. 

Hailing from Australia, the band has solidified their place in the international metal scene with their unique blend of technical prowess and emotive storytelling. 

Lead by guitarist, singer and founding member Dean Wells, Teramaze's music weaves together elements of progressive, thrash, and melodic metal, creating a sound that pushes the boundaries of the genre. 

Teramaze came to be known as one of the most prolific progressive metal bands boasting 3 full-length albums in the span of 12 months, from 2020-2021 during the global pandemic. These albums created a mass of new fans, as well as keeping the existing ones excited, engaged and craving more.  

With critically acclaimed albums like ‘Esoteric Symbolism’‘Her Halo’ and ‘I Wonder’, Teramaze continues to surpass expectations, delivering intense and unforgettable live performances that leave audiences in awe. 

In 2023 Teramaze played some great live shows, most notably, supporting Swedish metal outfit Avatar and headlining Prog Power Europe festival in the Netherlands.

Their new album ‘Eli: A Wonderful Fall from Grace’, further showcases their evolution as a band and solidifies their status as one of the most diverse and conceptual acts in modern progressive metal.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

_wes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024 Empty Re: Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:27 am

This is a Christian album?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024 Empty Re: Teramaze "Eli: A Wonderful Fall From Grace" Out May 24, 2024

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:56 am

Mostly a Christian in a band.

Last edited by Black Rider on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dwells Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:24 pm

your fav "christian" bands arnt "Christian" bands. man i thought you guys would have stopped with all the judgemental stuff.
go do something great with your lives instead of sitting on your high horses and judging what is christian and isnt., far out.
you dont know my heart and the people i deal with in the world, just because i dont write cheesy lyrics anymore doesnt mean my music isnt faith based.
to the people who support us, thanks,
d

dwells
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Superjuice, _wes, Opeth3232 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:42 pm

Biblically based lyrics is cheesy? That's really sad.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dwells Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:40 pm

haha man youre hilarious.

dwells
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

_wes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:46 pm

dwells wrote:to the people who support us, thanks,
d
Dean,

Can you tell us a bit more about the album?  
I heard it is related to the story in "Her Halo" but I'm not sure how.

I listened to the teaser video on You Tube but it was very short.  
Is the music an extension of the style of last few albums, or different?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:07 am

Actually he has a point, just because the lyrics aren't spoon-fed fundy chunks of cheese, doesn't mean that they aren't coming from a Christian world view. Not every Christian considers themselves to be "Born Again Evangelicals." As for Teramaze, yea, I liked them better before! I don't much care for the musical direction, far from progressive and innovative, I find it quite boring.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:57 am

I’m way behind on these guys. The most recent album I have is Anhedonia, which I thought was excellent.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 am

The production is a little too smooth for me these days (since 2020), but Esoteric Symbolism, Her Halo, and Are We Soldiers are classics in my book.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

_wes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:14 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m way behind on these guys. The most recent album I have is Anhedonia, which I thought was excellent.
Wow that is really way behind....they've changed a great deal musically since then.  
Esoteric Symbolism and Her Halo came after Anhedonia are are leagues better IMO.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by _wes Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Teramaze is easily one of my favorite bands - and Her Halo is in my top 2 of all time albums.  Love these guys - love the music - and already have the released parts of this one in my collection. 
I'll buy anything Teramaze - so yeah, fanboy here. 
I completely understand Dean's frustration here.  that being said; I'll be listening.  I don't understand either - Bach, Mozart, Hayden - all composed their music based on a belief in Christianity.  Can you tell the difference between that and, say Wagner?  If there aren't blatant themes in the music that promote things I disagree with - like pineapple on pizza - then I'm in.  I have no issues with entertainment - I mean, listen to the drivel on "christian" radio lol.  

Great stuff - again - Dean!!

Hope to see Teramaze live one day in the US!!
_wes
_wes
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Location : Burke, VA - > Panama City, FL - > Montgomery, AL > Panama City FL (Lynn H aven) > DC > Dayton, OH > Huntsville, AL

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm

Some people just have a conviction to listen to only Christian music, and by that they mean lyrics that are explicitly Christian. I used to be one of those. So, in those cases I can understand people wanting clarification, and if it’s just a statement of “these lyrics are explicitly Christian” or not, then I don’t see it as inherently pejorative.

However, I don’t think we should condemn believers for wanting to play music that’s less explicitly Christian lyrically. That doesn’t mean that they’ve abandoned the faith, nor does it mean that their faith isn’t still informing what they do with their music. I’m not going to judge their calling.

It’s different when someone abandons the essentials of the faith to be embraced by the wider culture or when they skirt around the issue of whether or not they’re believers in Christ. But simply writing less explicitly Christian lyrics isn’t the same thing as those issues.

For example, one of my favorite artists is Pierce Pettis. His music isn’t radio CCM stuff lyrically and no one is gonna confuse his lyrics for those of Keith Green or Chris Tomlin. However, he’s very upfront about being a Christian and that certainly impacts his lyrics—sometimes more directly, sometimes more indirectly.

But it’s also not right to accuse bands who are more upfront of being cheesy. (Not saying anyone here has done this). To me, cheesy refers to the quality of the lyric writing, not the explicitness of the Christianity therein.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:01 pm

dwells wrote:your fav "christian" bands arnt "Christian" bands.
Steve Rowe drama?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down