The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coverdale does Gospel???

2 posters

Go down

Coverdale does Gospel??? Empty Coverdale does Gospel???

Post by Denver Dan Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:13 am

Hey so if someone (me) has experience back in the BC days of singing some of Whitesnake's hits in bars / nightclubs and is able to emulate David Coverdale's vocals... would this be a vocal style that can fit gospel hard rock / melodic metal?

I have numerous vocal influences but Coverdale is the one I was most influenced by.
(I did like some Ray Gillen, Don Dokken, Brian Howe, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Greg X Volz, Mickey Thomas, Joe Lynn Turner among others)

I get ideas for lyrics but my problem is I'd probably lean more towards Petra's lyrics where nobody would wonder what the subject matter of the music is about (Jesus), and I hear some don't like that.  I wouldn't be interested in doing objectionable lyrics so I wouldn't be interested in doing secular music (not opposed to that for practicing)

I guess it's all kinda a moot point without a genius guitarist similar to John Sykes or Steve Vai.  After becoming a Christian I haven't really been able to do anything as a vocalist since you can't really sing metal or hard rock at church.  That's kinda frowned upon you know.

My argument in favor would be let's make some good Christian lyrics but only the old metal heads would like that as all the young people like rap I guess. I'm not too connected with anybody under 50 much anymore (I'm in my 50s myself)

I'm thinking of buying a sound system to setup in my garage just to be able to get the desire to sing out of my system.  Maybe I'll get setup with the ability to record so I can do some demos with backing tracks karaoke style! Laughing

Who knows, maybe I can cut some vocals for somebody someday and email the files to them and they can mix a song or two out of it.

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Temple of Blood and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Coverdale does Gospel??? Empty Re: Coverdale does Gospel???

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm

I'm in a similar boat.  I play blues rock / classic rock (not a virtuoso) and cannot find anyone around me to play with so I just record my ideas on my phone for now and try to get better.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down