The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting."

+5
Pro-Zak
Constantine
Black Rider
Pethead
PlaceOfASkull
9 posters

Go down

40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting." Empty 40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:45 pm

I remember getting this from Columbia Record Club in 1985. Do you remember that 12 cassettes/albums for a penny!? Then you had to buy like 5 in the next 3 years. 
And the prices were HIGH.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting." Empty Re: 40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting."

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:08 pm

Probably one of my favorites of theirs. Although, to be honest, I’m pretty content with a comp for Scorps.

Certainly not my favorite of their album covers, although it’s sadly a FAR cry from their worst…

Funny story: when I was a kid, the first time I heard “Rock You Like a Hurricane” was from a crappy car stereo and between that and Klaus’ accent, I thought he was singing “Raunchy like a hurricane.” I just figured it was some innuendo I didn’t understand.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting." Empty Re: 40 Years Ago Today Scorpions Released "Love At First Sting."

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:48 pm

I like the Scorps a lot, big part of my H.S. years but I'm also just a songs on playlists guy now.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Ammocas and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:55 pm

My favorite will always be "Blackout."   After that, a compilation of the best of the rest is greatly preferred.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 pm

I’d probably put Lovedrive as my #1 pick for their albums, although my most spun Scorps record is a comp.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

This album was the beginning of the end for them, once a great rock band, they bent the knee to trends and fashion. Hugely successful, but this album doesn't age well, and it was all downhill after this.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

The end and hugely successful are oxymorons.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Scorpions were my band back in the day.  I heard the song Blackout on set of headphones and I was a hard rock fan from that point on.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

Pro-Zak wrote:This album was the beginning of the end for them, once a great rock band, they bent the knee to trends and fashion. Hugely successful, but this album doesn't age well, and it was all downhill after this.

I actually think they remained a strong band up until Pure Instinct, and they were able to make a worthy comeback with Unbreakable and subsequent albums.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Black Rider wrote:The end and hugely successful are oxymorons.

Success and great art are not always synonymous.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm

70's Scorps ruled! 80's were great through Blackout, then the pop and cheese flowed!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

A classic kick butt album! 

Klaus’ voice was pitch perfect. Matthias Jabs is criminally underrated as a lead player. He has great feel and memorable solos.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

Pethead wrote:I’d probably put Lovedrive as my #1 pick for their albums, although my most spun Scorps record is a comp.
Lovedrive is also my favorite.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down