The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else on here like The Killers?

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone else on here like The Killers? Empty Does anyone else on here like The Killers?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm

The Killers is one of my favorite bands, their first four albums are amazing. Hot Fuss is the best Indie/Alt. Rock album ever imo. Battle Born and Sam's Town would be tied for number 2.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else on here like The Killers? Empty Re: Does anyone else on here like The Killers?

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07 pm

Ew, they're like if you ordered U2 off WISH. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else on here like The Killers? Empty Re: Does anyone else on here like The Killers?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:09 pm

Black Rider wrote:Ew, they're like if you ordered U2 off WISH. 😆
Bono himself said he loves Brandon Flowers (singer for The Killers) voice. Also I prefer TK over U2. U2 is awesome, I have All That You Can't Leave Behind on vinyl, The Killers are better imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Either way, they're not the best anything. They write average pop ditties and really aren't that good of players. If it weren't for Brandon they would barely get noticed.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:Either way, they're not the best anything. They write average pop ditties and really aren't that good of players. If it weren't for Brandon they would barely get noticed.
Average pop ditties? Really? Have you heard anything from their first two albums? Listen to Uncle Jonny, This River Is Wild, and Andy, You're A Star.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Dude, my girls listened to them a ton, I've heard enough of them. You always act like we've never heard stuff. Maybe don't call everything you like the best, especially being so young.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:41 pm

At the end of the day I don’t think Black Rider (or myself) will be convinced to like the killers or alt-rock in general, or CTR or any other fan here will be convinced against liking it. It’s ultimately just a matter of different musical taste, so best to just let people enjoy what they enjoy.
(I know sometimes I knock on bands I don’t like, like U2 and Nirvana, but I really don’t mind if other people enjoy them or call them good)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:43 pm

Sure, like what you want, but calling everything best is crazy.
Not sure how they're alt, they were super mainstream in the day.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:44 pm

Plenty of alt rock bands were mainstream in its heyday
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:51 pm

seth wrote:At the end of the day I don’t think Black Rider (or myself) will be convinced to like the killers or alt-rock in general, or CTR or any other fan here will be convinced against liking it. It’s ultimately just a matter of different musical taste, so best to just let people enjoy what they enjoy.
(I know sometimes I knock on bands I don’t like, like U2 and Nirvana, but I really don’t mind if other people enjoy them or call them good)
I understand that, but him saying "they write pop ditties" is inaccurate so I'm going to ask if he's listened and recommend songs to listen to.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:Sure, like what you want, but calling everything best is crazy.
Not sure how they're alt, they were super mainstream in the day.
Nirvana was mainstream once (even though they aren't alt. imo but whatever)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:03 pm

Not sure what your point is here. The Killers borrowed U2s sound and weren't alternative.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Does anyone else on here like The Killers? Img_3910
Pretty sure they are, and Wikipedia agrees. Alternative rock is a particular musical style, it doesn’t mean underground or anything like that
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down