The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5?

+5
StevenCressler
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5th Member

Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap90%Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 90% 
[ 9 ]
Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5?

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am

Step has a bigger presence in South America is my guess why they sell more. I'd replace Slayer with Testament but I know I'm in the minority.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5?

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

Those Sep albums destroy anything from Exodus, testament and Anthrax.  Max's vocals and the band's sincere aggression and themes crush Anthrax in every possible way.

Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 am

Black Rider wrote:Step has a bigger presence in South America is my guess why they sell more. I'd replace Slayer with Testament but I know I'm in the minority.
I would too according to my preference, but Slayer is way too popular to replace.

Just look at Kerrick here representing: 

Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd37ve8j86842mzqbe6yvvrtc0s6b3tng6n60x1bg9y&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, Kerrick, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

Dustofyears wrote:Those Sep albums destroy anything from Exodus, testament and Anthrax.  Max's vocals and the band's sincere aggression and themes crush Anthrax in every possible way.

I like some Sep, but no way. Testament’s debut alone blows Sep out of the water.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Temple of Blood and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

No. I win.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

Sepultura had a top-notch drummer but let's be honest with each other, their riffs, solos, and vocals were all pretty stock.  No better than so many other thrash bands of that era.  Demolition Hammer, Morbid Saint, Sadus, etc. etc.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

Black Rider wrote:Step has a bigger presence in South America is my guess why they sell more. I'd replace Slayer with Testament but I know I'm in the minority.
I agree. Slayer has trash lyrics and is overrated imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Sepultura had a top-notch drummer but let's be honest with each other, their riffs, solos, and vocals were all pretty stock.  No better than so many other thrash bands of that era.  Demolition Hammer, Morbid Saint, Sadus, etc. etc.
Demolition Hammer should've been bigger but Sep through Arise was pretty great.

Last edited by Black Rider on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Sepultura had a top-notch drummer but let's be honest with each other, their riffs, solos, and vocals were all pretty stock.  No better than so many other thrash bands of that era.  Demolition Hammer, Morbid Saint, Sadus, etc. etc.
Who Would Be The 5th Member Of The Big 5? - Page 2 Img_2412
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

I think it depends on how we're defining this.  Sales wise, yes.  Talent wise, no.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am

No those vocals are quite different.  Those vocals are what I would call "stock"... those nasally screech type vocaL and the gonzo vocals and clean soaring vocals are the reason I don't like much thrash....hello Exodus, Anthrax, Forbidden, Sadus (like some of Sadus though)...etc  

If anyone sounds like Sep that's because they imitated them, be it vocals be it sound. Sep came along with a far more aggressive edge all round— including the vocals which was progressing into death metal with a bark style of vocal, like Roger did. I don't know I just prefer that to the other variety. 

And if you think about it all thrash guitar and solos sound "stock"... Sep's guitar riffs etc are absolute killer... whatcha ya talking Willis....

And testament have the most generic stock vocals ever a band without a sound of their own yet the sound of every other thrash band around mixed with Pantera lolz. Just so average it makes me cry seeing them ranked so high in this thread.

To be crystal for the most part I am pointing to beneath and arise and the updated version of Morbid/devastation

Last edited by Dustofyears on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
I agree. Slayer has trash lyrics and is overrated imo.
Trash lyrics, yes. I wouldn't call them overrated musically though.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

Dustofyears wrote:
No those vocals are quite different. Actually those vocals are what I would call "stock"... those nasally screech type vocals and the gonzo vocals and clean soaring vocals are the reason I don't like much thrash....hello Exodus, Anthrax, Forbidden, Sadus...etc  

If anyone sounds like Sep that's because they imitated them, be it vocals be it sound. Sep came along with a far more aggressive edge all round— including the vocals which was progressing into death metal with a bark style of vocal, like Roger did.  

And if you think about it all thrash guitar and solos sound "stock"... Sep's guitar riffs etc are absolute killer... whatcha ya talking Willis....

And testament have the most generic stock vocals ever a band without a sound of their own yet the sound of every other thrash band around mixed with Pantera lolz. Just so average it makes me cry seeing them ranked so high in this thread.

Sadus didn't imitate Sepultura, if anything the other way around.

I stand by my statement about their riffs and Max is easily the worst guitarist in this whole discussion.  EASILY.  And it's not like he can really sing.

If anything is gonzo here it is Sepultura's laughable lyrics.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

I watched old footage of them and Max couldn't play the songs well, maybe he should join Metallica. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
No those vocals are quite different. Actually those vocals are what I would call "stock"... those nasally screech type vocals and the gonzo vocals and clean soaring vocals are the reason I don't like much thrash....hello Exodus, Anthrax, Forbidden, Sadus...etc  

If anyone sounds like Sep that's because they imitated them, be it vocals be it sound. Sep came along with a far more aggressive edge all round— including the vocals which was progressing into death metal with a bark style of vocal, like Roger did.  

Sadus didn't imitate Sepultura, if anything the other way around.

I stand by my statement about their riffs and Max is easily the worst guitarist in this whole discussion.  EASILY.  And it's not like he can really sing.

If anything is gonzo here it is Sepultura's laughable lyrics.

Lolz "HELLO"—most (not all but a majority of) early thrash lyrics were lame....  Morbid Visions you'd find lame because it mocks religion etc but when beneath and arise came out with those lyrics were different and anything but lame. 

Max and Andreas were a killer guitar team and wrote some wicked riffs and the drumming, well at least you can see that part... All those bands came out roughly about the same time then grew into their own sound (well Sadus and Sep did anyway).  Beneath and arise alone crushes and stomps on anything by Anthrax, Exodus, or the super duper lame Testament has ever done... but then again you like clean vocals over thrash which i just never understood...such a miss match.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm

Black Rider wrote:I watched old footage of them and Max couldn't play the songs well, maybe he should join Metallica. 😆
Here we go along come the brotherhood to save the day...ra ra ra... ok ok— Testament are the bees knees even if they sound like every other thrash band in existence and have no sound of their own...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I watched old footage of them and Max couldn't play the songs well, maybe he should join Metallica. 😆
Here we go along come the brotherhood to save the day...ra ra ra... ok ok— Testament are the bees knees even if they sound like every other thrash band in existence and have no sound of their own...
Tbf, originality doesn't always make something good, you can make a band that sounds like the best songs from every other band... just saying
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 pm

True I quite often like the imitators more than the innovators, for example I prefer Saint to Judas Priest (a band I just never did understand or get). But Testament... guess that's another I don't get. Each their own guess just amazing to see everyone agree on such an average thrash band.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Think what really boils down to is I just don't like thrash is probably more the deal I am just realizing... bar a few bands. Hmm... Anyway I'm going that way—>>>>
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm

Yay I won.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2