The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecross Pre-Order Shipping Notices

+10
L8T
Pro-Zak
Pethead
Black Rider
Frozen Fire
Follower of Jesus
Ammocas
StevenCressler
bodachi
alldatndensum
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whitecross Pre-Order Shipping Notices - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitecross Pre-Order Shipping Notices

Post by BaleMaster Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:22 pm

bodachi wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I listened today. Good album. It won’t displace the s/t or Triumphant Return as favorites but it’s solid. There’s some great guitar work here. The lyrics are good. The weak point is the vocals. Dave Roberts just doesn’t do it for me. But all in all, again, it’s a solid album.
It can't be worse than Scott, can it?
Dave > Scott imo
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Whitecross Pre-Order Shipping Notices - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitecross Pre-Order Shipping Notices

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:03 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I'll be seeing them tomorrow night with Petra. I'm interested in what they'll sound like live. Maybe they'll have CDs there?
You in Ohio?
15 miles south of you in Hartville
And you have yet to visit? 😳
We'd communicated years on here through PM. Maybe I had a different user name back then? Maybe both of us. I never check my PM's here because I've gotten maybe 6 in all my years here and I think we lost track of that. It'd be nice to meet up at some point, at the very least we'll be at some common shows together.
Are you on a phone? Because on a computer you don't have to "check" your PMs, you'll see "Messages" at the top of the screen and it'll say [new] next to it when you have a new message
I tend to be on the phone most often. I just am not used to having inbox messages and my eyes don't scan that direction.

I think this album is outstanding! I'm mightily impressed and it keeps getting better as I listen.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:12 am

BaleMaster wrote:
bodachi wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I listened today. Good album. It won’t displace the s/t or Triumphant Return as favorites but it’s solid. There’s some great guitar work here. The lyrics are good. The weak point is the vocals. Dave Roberts just doesn’t do it for me. But all in all, again, it’s a solid album.
It can't be worse than Scott, can it?
Dave > Scott imo
Scott’s voice was close to Stephen Pearcy’s from Ratt, albeit a bit more nasally. I like both him and Dave fine, but Dave does give the band a different sound.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:31 pm

I ordered mine from Amazon. It will be here on Saturday. I likw Dave's voice. Sort of has that Dio sound. I heard the title track and a few seconds on other tracks. This might rival their first 3 albums. Their first 3 albums are their best ones so far. People didn't think Stryper could top their early albums and I think they did. Whitecross seems like they may do the same.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 pm

^^This album is a winner…I like it a lot. I agree with what you said. I keep wanting to play it, so that says a lot.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:23 pm

I think Vendetta may be my second Fav on this LP.

They only did Second Chances and In The Kingdom live from their catalogue.  They did 7 out of the 11 songs on the new one.  I just would have loved to hear one more old one.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm

This is my new #3 album from them behind Hammer & Nail and Triumphant Return.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 pm

Singer has a David Coverdale edge to him.  I prefer him over Wenzel who has restrained me from becoming a fan in the past.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 pm

I heard them live last Saturday night, and, have listened to the LP from start to finish every day since ( I have a commute....ugh..)

I'm trying Not to compare old with new, and just enjoy what we have now.  

I Like what we have now, and, I'm gonna' enjoy it!

Anyway, I posted to say that the singer is different, but, I'm appreciating him more each day.   Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:19 pm

All I can say is this:

Whitecross without Scott is worlds better than Whitecross without Rex.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, deathisgain, Fundy, Frozen Fire, Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:20 pm

I will add....Rex with Mandolin, is an unexpected but pleasant twist.  

Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Frozen Fire and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Denver Dan Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Whitecross posted on Facebook that they were shipping preorders and to watch your email.  So far, I have not received a notice.

Has anyone else gotten their notification of shipment?  I have a copy of the PayPal transaction in case there is any reason they lost my order.  I am really just curious as to if I have been overlooked with my order.

Don't they have someplace where one can buy online, or maybe pay and download the tracks online?

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Denver Dan Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:24 pm

The lead singer sounds like the guy that took over as the leader singer for Saint.

I guess if I can't find where to buy their new CD I can always grab the audio from Youtube in MP3 format using on of those Youtube converter tools.

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Denver Dan Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:33 pm

Here's a recent inteview they did to promote their new album:

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Denver Dan wrote:The lead singer sounds like the guy that took over as the leader singer for Saint.

I guess if I can't find where to buy their new CD I can always grab the audio from Youtube in MP3 format using on of those Youtube converter tools.

The CD is available on the band's website or on Amazon.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denver Dan Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:58 pm

Great, thanks!  Didn't think to look on amazon

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Denver Dan Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:50 am

Just purchased this off of amazon and downloaded it, it's pretty good stuff.

Denver Dan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2