The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse?

+3
Pethead
seth
Christian Thrash Rules
7 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse? Empty Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:48 pm

Muse is my second favorite band. I still can't decide what genre they would best fit in though. Some people online say they're prog metal. My favorite albums are Drones and Black Holes & Revelations. My least favorite is Showbiz
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse? Empty Re: Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse?

Post by seth Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:49 pm

I sort of enjoy their song Uprising when I hear it on the radio. Not enough to motivate me to listen to more of their stuff though
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse? Empty Re: Does Anyone Else On Here Like Muse?

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:52 pm

I know Sevenoneself is a fan. He pops in here from time to time.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:03 pm

seth wrote:I sort of enjoy their song Uprising when I hear it on the radio. Not enough to motivate me to listen to more of their stuff though
That's their most popular song. Not my fav though. They are a very unique band, every album is different. Drones is the most consistently close to metal, BH&R is their best, The Resistance(which has Uprising) is mid, Will Of The People has some of their heaviest songs(Won't Stand Down, Title Track, and the absolute heaviest Kill Or Be Killed) and some meh songs like Ghost(How Can I Move On). Showbiz(the debut album) is more like Radiohead. Origin Of Symmetry is pretty good and has Plug In Baby, one of their best riffs. Absolution is kinda a mix between OoS and BH&R and has Stockholm Syndrome, one of their best and heaviest songs. Simulation Theory is more 80's inspired and usually not loved but I enjoy it. The 2nd Law is kinda hard to explain, Supremacy is decentaly heavy, Madness is more tech with an awesome guitar solo, and Liquid State is sung by the bassist and is pretty cool. I think that's all the albums, based on that you should be able to tell what you'll like. But keep in mind, Muse is VERY unique and does everything in a unique way. I normally don't like the tech stuff but Madness and Panic Station from The 2nd Law and Simulation Theory are really cool and I enjoy them. So just keep that in mind if you end up checking them out.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 am

Yup, I'm a fan. But in the same way as I'm a fan of u2 or Queen. I love some of their music and absolutely despise some. I do enjoy more of the heavy and subversive songs, but also love some of the ballads like Madness.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 am

I like them a lot. I went to a concert in Mexico City back in 2019. 
It was a great show, and I think it is one of my all-time favorite shows by any band.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am

KaramKaram wrote:I like them a lot. I went to a concert in Mexico City back in 2019. 
It was a great show, and I think it is one of my all-time favorite shows by any band.
I've never been, but from what I've seen/heard they put on some of the best, most energetic shows. I know Matt(guitarist/singer) has the world record for most guitar smashes.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 pm

I've tried over the years but have never been able to get into them.  
I get that they have a big following but I'd rather listen to something else in that genre space.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
KaramKaram wrote:I like them a lot. I went to a concert in Mexico City back in 2019. 
I've never been, but from what I've seen/heard they put on some of the best, most energetic shows. I know Matt(guitarist/singer) has the world record for most guitar smashes.
Yes, that particular show was AMAZING!!!! They went back in 2023, but I wasn't in Mexico at the time.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 pm

KaramKaram wrote:
Yes, that particular show was AMAZING!!!! They went back in 2023, but I wasn't in Mexico at the time.
My parents saw them open for U2 at the Dallas Cowboys stadium awhile ago. That was before my dad loved Muse though, he knew the popular stuff like Uprising and Starlight.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 pm

I had no idea who they were (other than being aware of their name) until I heard the song Madness on the radio. 

I guess they’re okay… they have a U2 Pop-Mart type of vibe. Electronica-rock made for the radio.

*side note*
Something about their music kinda sounds like what I’d imagine snobby celebrities or wealthy brats from Beverly Hills would listen to. That actually makes me want to puke!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:36 am

TZ75 wrote:I had no idea who they were (other than being aware of their name) until I heard the song Madness on the radio. 

I guess they’re okay… they have a U2 Pop-Mart type of vibe. Electronica-rock made for the radio.

*side note*
Something about their music kinda sounds like what I’d imagine snobby celebrities or wealthy brats from Beverly Hills would listen to. That actually makes me want to puke!
Is that the only song you've heard from them? Because if so, that's one of their most unique songs and when I say "unique" I'm talking about compared to their other stuff. Their album Drones is heavier and closer to metal. 90% of their stuff has much more guitar than Madness does. Supremacy is on the same album and has guitar as the main instrument all the way through. But still The 2nd Law is a slower album than the rest of their stuff.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 pm

TZ75 wrote:I had no idea who they were (other than being aware of their name) until I heard the song Madness on the radio. 

*side note*
Is that the only song you've heard from them? Because if so, that's one of their most unique songs and when I say "unique" I'm talking about compared to their other stuff. Their album Drones is heavier and closer to metal. 90% of their stuff has much more guitar than Madness does. Supremacy is on the same album and has guitar as the main instrument all the way through. But still The 2nd Law is a slower album than the rest of their stuff.

I’ve heard a few songs. Just the ones on the radio. 

There is a strong modern U2 influence (from what I can tell).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 pm

TZ75 wrote:

*side note*

I’ve heard a few songs. Just the ones on the radio. 

There is a strong modern U2 influence (from what I can tell).
Some of their stuff is similar to U2 but they get much heavier and are very unique. You should listen to Kill Or Be Killed(their heaviest song), Stockholm Syndrome(also heavy), and Reapers(really shows off Matt's(guitarist/singer) abilities.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:48 pm

I just found out that one of Muse's big influences is Iron Maiden apparently. I know they are inspired by RATM and Radiohead but that was a surprise.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down