The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding

+3
StevenCressler
MagnusPrime
Constantine
7 posters

Go down

My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding Empty My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:50 pm

A wave of serious medical illnesses are hitting my family members at the same time.  

1.  My aunt is battling lung cancer (not from smoking) that spread to her liver.  She's been going through treatment but instead of getting better, everything is getting worse and she is now back in the hospital.  It is not looking good right now and we are all sad and concerned about the latest turn of events.

2.  Her daughter (my cousin) has dementia and also has been getting worse.  She's up here now from Virginia and we (my other cousin and I) are having a lot of trouble scheduling more testing for her as well as keeping her from disabling all her accounts because resets passwords and forgets everything, doesn't pay her bills, etc..  

3.  My brother has been diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease called Cerebellar Ataxia.  He's having mobility, balance, and dizziness problems, and it affects his behavior.

4.  My other cousin (the only healthy one among us) is very stressed and is considering quitting his job because he can't handle that plus the on-going needs of his mother and sister.

Our holidays were pretty crappy.

I've given a lot of help, time, and advice (some of which is not being followed).  
Meanwhile, I have my own medical and other situations to deal with.

Everyone except my brother and I are unsaved.  That of course makes things more challenging because they do not draw on God's strength, grace, and mercy.

Would appreciate any prayers, especially for my aunt because she's in the most critical state right now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Xid, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself, nocturnaliridescence and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding Empty Re: My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:29 pm

You and your family are in my prayers for sure, my friend.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding Empty Re: My Family (What's Left Of It) Is Imploding

Post by StevenCressler Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:32 pm

Will do!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Constantine, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:27 pm

Prayers for you and your family!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:30 pm

That's quite the hand of cards your family has been dealt.  Praying!!!  Please keep us posted.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Constantine, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:41 pm

🙏
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 pm

How are things going Constantine?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Constantine, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:How are things going Constantine?
Thanks for asking, Kerrick.  

So my aunt and my cousins have decided to put my aunt into hospice / palliative care (at home).
The hospice team brought a bed, oxygen tank, etc. to her home and she is there now.

Hospice more or less means she doesn't want to pursue aggressive treatment any longer. 
However she is scheduled for one more chemo round this week and last I heard, she will go.
And they will be trying a few other things so there is still some (small) hope of things getting better.
But right now, it is not looking so good....

My cousin with dementia is still up here staying with her mom, we don't quite know what to do with her next.
She still denies there is anything wrong with her which makes helping her very difficult.   
We're waiting for some more tests to be run so that there is concrete medical info.

My brother is stable for now.  He's very obnoxious and abusive though, and I can't help but wonder if that is a symptom of his illness.  He's been that way for awhile but it's gotten worse in the last year.

I'm trying to schedule PT right now for myself.  Otherwise hanging in there, but have been having trouble getting motivated to do things I need to do.  Dealing with lots of different emotions, lack of energy, and getting easily distracted.  
It's been a little better today though.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:05 am

Contantine,

I am truly sorry to hear about the challenging times your family is going through. It's heartbreaking to learn about the health struggles your loved ones are facing. Your strength and compassion in supporting them, despite your own challenges, are commendable.
Let's join our hearts in prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We come before You with heavy hearts, lifting up Constantine and his entire family in this time of immense difficulty. Lord, we trust in Your infinite wisdom and boundless mercy.
We pray for his aunt as she battles lung cancer and its complications. Surround her with Your healing presence, provide comfort, and grant strength to both her and the entire family. May Your grace be a source of peace amid the storm.
For his Cousin', who is grappling with dementia, we seek Your guidance and understanding. Grant Constantine and the family the wisdom to navigate the challenges, and may Your light shine upon the path to the best possible care.
Also as his btoher faces the trials of Cerebellar Ataxia, we ask for Your healing touch. Bring stability to his mobility, balance, and behavior, and reassure him with Your comforting presence.
Lord, we also lift up the other cousin up, who bears the weight of stress and contemplates major life changes. Provide strength and clarity in the midst of these challenges, and lead them all to a place of peace.
In the midst of these hardships, we thank You for Constantine and his steadfast faith. Lord Jesus, be a beacon of hope, guiding Constantine all through his own medical and personal situations.
May Your love envelop this entire family, bringing solace, healing, and a deep sense of Your presence. We trust in Your perfect will, knowing that Your plans are far beyond our understanding.
Constantine if you ever need someone to talk to or share the burden, I am here. Lean on the support of those around you, and remember that you are not alone in this journey.
In Jesus' name, we pray.
Amen.
With love and solidarity,

Antoine Karam
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Xid, Constantine, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Update:  I'm back at my aunt's house this week and weekend, helping out.

My aunt is not doing so well, but hanging in there.
Thankfully not in any pain.  I do wish she was amenable to trying other treatments.
But at 88 years old, I think her mind is made up.

Regarding my one cousin, we talked to her neurologist yesterday.  
Based on her recent PET scan, we were told she has Alzheimer's (technically a form of dementia).   
Dealing with her has been challenging to say the least.
Lots of questions remain on how to care for her going forward, so lots of wisdom is needed.

Have not talked to my brother lately.   

My PT will not be starting until the end of February, so that gives me more time to help out  for now.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and concern!   
Hope everyone here is having a good weekend so far.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, Xid and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down