The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth?

+8
Son of Nun
ThomasEversole
Frozen Fire
CrimsonWarrior
Dustofyears
scottmitchell74
Black Rider
Pethead
12 posters

Go down

Mortification: Scrolls of the Megilloth

Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap16%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap26%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap16%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? Empty Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth?

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:16 pm

Nocturnal. It’s the perfect opener. Necromanicide is probably second. 

But the whole album just smokes. One of my favorite DM albums ever.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

CrimsonWarrior, Dustofyears, Raegoul and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? Empty Re: Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth?

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:26 pm

I enjoy the lyric; nocturnal creatures of the night. 😆
Voted Eternal Lamentation.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth? Empty Re: Favorite song on Scrolls of the Megilloth?

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:02 pm

Pethead wrote:Nocturnal. It’s the perfect opener. Necromanicide is probably second. 

But the whole album just smokes. One of my favorite DM albums ever.

💯
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:01 pm

Complete original Death Metal masterpiece in every sense. This album blows my mind to this day, an all time favorite. Every song is a gem in it's own way. There is no wrong answer here but if I was hard pressed to pick a favorite I'd have to go with Terminate Damnation and not by much. 

Said it earlier somewhere here, but to these ears the sound gives me visions of a dying world smouldering in ash, the whole album sounds like that and all the videos fit perfectly. The early years of Mort could rival anything in the "Secular" world. I love this album!!!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:48 pm

Lymphosarcoma. It gets stuck in my head quite a bit. I think it is my all-around favorite Morty song. Necromanicide gets second place for this album.

There really isn't a bad song on this one. Absolute classic.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:12 pm

Necromanicide is it for me. If this album could be played any louder when that songs comes on, it would.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:48 pm

DUN....   DUN.....   DUN....  DUN....   DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNMaggots infest the minds DUN of unbelievers DUN in the form of DUNunholyness DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNdestruction they feast uponDUN while unaware of the DUNdeath, that will take DUNplace SNARE DUN DUN DUN DUN dundundundundundundundun....
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:56 pm

One of the most crushing songs of all-time: Ancient Prophecy
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:36 pm

RAISE. THE. CHALICE.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:13 pm

There is at least one vote for almost every song at this point. Really shows how consistent and great the whole thing is.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:32 pm

Indeed. And the one song with no votes is a great song.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:26 pm

Terminate Damnation. Extremely fast, and the vocal section at the beginning with almost no background instruments really lets you appreciate how terrifying Steve's singing voice is. And I love death metal where you can actually understand the lyrics, and this song has several moments where I can make out what is being said (especially the first part)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:38 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Terminate Damnation. Extremely fast, and the vocal section at the beginning with almost no background instruments really lets you appreciate how terrifying Steve's singing voice is. And I love death metal where you can actually understand the lyrics, and this song has several moments where I can make out what is being said (especially the first part)
Then after those inhale growls when that effect comes on and he sort of coughs always gives me visuals of someone coughing worms from their mouth. it sounds like someone choking on worms or something. Amazing. Such an underrated death metal album if ever there was.

Also Steve's vocals in those early years were the best in death metal in my opinion alongside Glen Benton's at the time.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:26 pm

The whole album is pretty good, but I go for Terminate Damnation.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:25 pm

Title track, of course.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down