The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dusk (doom/death metal)

3 posters

Go down

Dusk (doom/death metal) Empty Dusk (doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:52 pm

I thought there was already a thread for these guys, but I couldn't find it...  Anyways, Dusk is a quality doom/death band that's been around for quite a while and have a new album coming out next month.

Folks around here would be interested to know that their singer had left the band to focus on being a missionary in Africa for some time, though he's now back in the band.  I've chatted with him a bit on FB and he's a very friendly fella - and as it turns out, the Ugandan orphanage I visited on a short-term missionary trip some years ago was very near to where he went!  Small world.  They're not a Christian band by any means, but certainly "safe secular" and according to the article below, they reference the biblical end times, so that's cool.  Enjoy!

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2023/11/17/an-ncs-video-premiere-dusk-beacon-obscured/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Dusk (doom/death metal) Empty Re: Dusk (doom/death metal)

Post by Black Rider Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Good stuff, like a heavier Paramecium.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:56 pm

Their new album Dissolved Into Ash just arrived today.  I've listened to it once through and upon first listen, this may be musically my favorite of theirs yet.  It's HEAVY.

The lyrics are mostly just dark and poetic, though the last song does give me some pause, as it appears to be claiming that heaven and hell are lies.  I may reach out to the band to get some insight on them.

Dusk - An Aerial View wrote:Raise myself for an aerial view
Not of this world, but of this realm

As the wind pierces my hair
I look down: looking
No different from the depths
The above was to be celestial
The below was to be hot
Only to be a lie
Illumination of the damned
I am to be

The below was to be hot
The above was to be celestial
Only to the feeble minded
The weak at heart
To exist forever

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Some nice insight into the lyrics was posted here for anyone interested.

Dusk wrote:1. Beacon obscured:

A dynamic song featuring Dana Ignarski. It is Derived from the ancient funeral dirge “Dies Irae.” Basically this song is the inspiration of the entire album and the album artwork. “That day will dissolve the world in ash. How great will be the quaking when the judge is about to come.

2. The Dim Divide:

This song explores the darker side of existence. It basically is dealing with deep depression based off of dealing with things that are out of our control. There’s a neat little middle interlude followed by a segment where there’s a cry out for relief; personified by the reference to “morning.”

3. Ancient Passage:

This song explores the mind in a complicated way. As things are being ripped away that you hold dear there’s a way of retreating as to almost find an inner comfort (if possible) in silence and stillness. In this there’s a cry out to God (or higher power) for help, but this silence remains. In this silence one cries out all the more.

4. Libations Offered:

This song explores trying to do things the right way in a spiritually aware environment. And just seems like you’re wandering in the wilderness so to speak. This pain is the most substantial because you are trying to do the right thing in the fullness of life just to be betrayed and destroyed. In this, there’s only one thing to do-cry out for help from the depths of your inner man. Cry out for others to intercede on your behalf because you’re ruined! These intercessions finally found freedom of soul “finally free!”

5. The Promise Passed:

This song explores the spiritual battle for the soul - when hope abounds there comes a force “unholy war” for your soul. This is made worse by the world powers who control and oppress the population for their own evil devices-hiding behind a veil thinking no one sees their plans - it’s a maddening war.

6. Shrouded in Mist:

Think of a lifeless almost ghostly form wearing a robe and roaming the barren woods with a very dim light to light its path. From there comes to a precipice and looks down on the flowing water below. The form has come to the end of the road and bellows forth as a harbinger of doom-think of it as old man doom sent to pronounce judgment on the fallen earth.

7. Dormant Form:

Experiencing the realization that the end is here, the end times are upon us. Thinking back on what might have been and realizing this was the inevitable end - almost deservingly so!

8. An Aerial View:

I cannot give a background on this song since the lyrics were written by Chad Denslow.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Duck, "Quack Metal?!" 😃
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down