The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon

+9
Dustofyears
seth
strangerhoncho
Pethead
Fundy
scottmitchell74
alldatndensum
Sevenoneself
Lex Metalis
13 posters

Go down

Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon Empty Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:21 pm

Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon 394424168_323997203565305_7308064080054586726_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_eui2=AeHKU21bo7df_Q1m4dkVgPtL-Ro-lKpytHf5Gj6UqnK0dzbKkoV-kGV63AvjNR0cdUaGSdA5mJg3Yi40MRYayNxU&_nc_ohc=sd4D1FaFaJ0AX9YN7YI&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1

(From Dale Thompson FB page)

Coming soon for our valued friends. Stay turned and keep checking this page and Troy Thompson Facebook page for pre-ordering instructions. This will come individually and in bundle packages which thoughtfully Troy has put together. This is not just a collector's CD with a very limited number being produced, these are iconic songs, remade with the same intensity as the original, with bonus tracks. Let your friends know who might have been Bride fans years ago and followed us during this era. We promise this remembrance to mark our 30-year anniversary since the release will not disappoint. since the release will not disappoint. Click like" if you are ready to support this project today!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho, Ammocas, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon Empty Re: Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:44 pm

Interesting. I'm not sure I quite understand why you'd make acoustic versions, but I'll give the singles a listen when they come out.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon Empty Re: Snakes In The Playground: 30th Anniversary - Acoustic, coming soon

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:49 pm

I would be way more interested if they were re-recording "Kinetic Faith" but without all the extra guitar effects and bringing the bass out in the overall mix.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, eatbugs, Pethead, Ammocas, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:16 pm

Acoustic?! Why?

Yes, redo Kinetic Faith as metal.

Pure Metal
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

alldatndensum, Pethead, Ammocas, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:54 pm

I'm up for an acoustic version, and really looking forward to hearing the 3 or 4 previously unrecorded songs that could have ended up on the original.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I would be way more interested if they were re-recording "Kinetic Faith" but without all the extra guitar effects and bringing the bass out in the overall mix.
100%.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:58 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Interesting. I'm not sure I quite understand why you'd make acoustic versions, but I'll give the singles a listen when they come out.

4 reasons:  because it's their best-selling album by far, fans enjoy new versions of favorite songs, it's interesting creatively to make acoustic versions of electric songs, and there's money to be made.  

The latter is the main one.  It's the same reason things get reissued many times over the years:  to keep stoking fans' interest and to keep making a living at music.  Musicians need to eat and pay bills too.

Looking forward to hearing it!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:36 pm

What we really need is a full remaster of the first few albums. By far Bride’s best music, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Probally one of the versions from the cd...

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:07 pm

It just occurred to me that Psychedelic super Jesus is a variation of Foxy Lady speed up.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:42 pm

I love acoustic albums...
e.g. Acoustic Archives
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Staybrite, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:30 pm

crucifyd wrote:I love acoustic albums...
e.g. Acoustic Archives

I do too.  I feel like we're in the minority though.

I'll probably get this, money permitting.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:37 pm

I like acoustic covers.  I LOVE this LP.

I'm always listening to acoustic covers, trying to play them myself, so, I'm interested in this.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:33 am

It was a great album…I’ll check out an acoustic version.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:23 am

No, we don't.  If we wanted to hear new versions, we would have asked the band to do them.  To be honest, we love the originals.  This is nothing more than a novelty record that will only get played a few times for most of us.

I will wait for their new double album, personally.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:33 am

seth wrote:What we really need is a full remaster of the first few albums. By far Bride’s best music, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired
The first three (Show No Mercy, Live To Die, and Silence Is Madness) were remastered and put on gold discs in 2021. They sound better than the originals. They’re also remastered for vinyl.

Kinetic Faith and Snakes In The Playground were also remastered in 2021 as well. Also they were remastered for vinyl too. They even put out Demo’s of these 2 albums on cd and vinyl in 2022. They are pretty cool.

Check’em out!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:47 am

Ammocas wrote:
seth wrote:What we really need is a full remaster of the first few albums. By far Bride’s best music, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired
The first three (Show No Mercy, Live To Die, and Silence Is Madness) were remastered and put on gold discs in 2021. They sound better than the originals. They’re also remastered for vinyl.

Kinetic Faith and Snakes In The Playground were also remastered in 2021 as well. Also they were remastered for vinyl too. They even put out Demo’s of these 2 albums on cd and vinyl in 2022. They are pretty cool.

Check’em out!
I don’t normally buy physical releases, but I might consider it just for those
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down