The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box

3 posters

Go down

Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box Empty Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box

Post by Lifemetal Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:58 pm

Hello, an obscure Christian metal song popped into my head about an hour ago and after doing some searching online without finding anything I decided to see if my old account here was still accessible and it was so here I am!

I am interested in any information or links to recordings and particularly the song Pandora's Box by a band that I believe was called Road to Revelation. It was from sometime in the early to mid 2000s. The band had a website but I have no idea what the url was and I imagine it's long gone anyway and probably not even likely to be saved in the internet archive. The song Pandora's Box was on their website as an mp3 though I can't remember now if it was the whole song or just a sample clip of a couple minutes. The recording quality was poor. Definitely a diy project in the early days of the home studio boom but listenable nonetheless. I believe it was a female singer or if not, an effeminate sounding man. I do not remember how I came across their website in the first place but I don't think I ever saw them mentioned anywhere else online. I always liked the song and had hoped to someday get an album. I don't have any idea if they ever released anything else though so I'd be happy enough if someone had even the one song. 

I think the chorus went something like:

Pandora's box, who's gonna open
Pandora's box, tell me what's inside
Pandora's box when you see what's in it will you run away and hide

I'm quite certain about the first two lines but the third may be wrong. 

Anyway, if any of you have any info on them, I'd really appreciate it!

Lifemetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box Empty Re: Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:35 pm

Welcome back!  Hmm, I did a quick search on the Metal Archives for the band name and song name but didn't come up with anything that seemed to be a match.  Do you remember what subgenre of metal they were?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box Empty Re: Road to Revelation band Pandora's Box

Post by alldatndensum Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:11 pm

Believe it or not, I have the CD!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifemetal Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Believe it or not, I have the CD!

That's awesome! Do you happen to know if it is still available anywhere? Would you be willing to share if not?

Lifemetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:40 am

Lifemetal wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Believe it or not, I have the CD!

That's awesome! Do you happen to know if it is still available anywhere? Would you be willing to share if not?

I don't even remember how I got the disc.  I probably took a chance on it at someplace like Rad Rockers or Blastbeats back in the day.

I know that the lady who sang for them was named Kim Jones.  There isn't anything I can find online to remotely suggest that the album or songs are available anywhere.  There are no copies even showing up on eBay, so it looks like I have a rarity that isn't in huge demand.

Since you have brought it up, I am working on remastering it just to make it sound more modern.  I will try to get the front cover scanned and embedded into the tracks this week in between a couple of funerals I may have to do.  If I can get that done, then I will get it uploaded to my Google Drive for sharing since this appears to be completely out of print.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifemetal Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:42 pm

Thanks aldat! It's crazy how quickly things can be lost to time.

Lifemetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down